PDA

View Full Version : 日本語...

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
12-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Has anyone tried to learn Japanese..... and failed miserably.....?

I tried to learn from the romaji.... Not a good idea apparently.....

Meat Puppet
12-01-2005, 04:14 PM
A guy tried to teach my Korean once, but his head exploded.

Chris
12-01-2005, 04:14 PM
My brother is Japanese and tried to learn it once, however he didn't. :(

Qurange
12-01-2005, 04:27 PM
I don't think I've actually failed yet.

I'm just seriously taking my time.

Psychotic
12-01-2005, 04:29 PM
I don't need to learn Japanese because I'm happy with the language that I've got.

Chris
12-01-2005, 04:41 PM
But you're British, so that's redundant.

Hawkeye
12-01-2005, 04:42 PM
I tried to learn japanese before but it told me to go ef myself :(

Shaun
12-01-2005, 04:45 PM
I'm learning it in college, but I'm not very far yet, and I keep forgetting things.

Watashi wa Shaun desu. (Extremely simple)

Er, I'd think of something else, but my mind is seriously clouded up right now.

Lindy
12-01-2005, 05:07 PM
What's the point when all Japanese know Engrish anyway?

Psychotic
12-01-2005, 05:12 PM
But you're British, so that's redundant. Wait, if I've got this correct, you're saying English is a redundant language? ...what?

Chris
12-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Australia, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, America. I'd say so. :eep:

Jess
12-01-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm terrible at learning new languages, I did german & french for 3 years and only know the basics. So there is no way I could learn Japanese. :(

Psychotic
12-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Australia, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, America. I'd say so. :eep:Close, but American Samoa, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Islands, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Cook Islands, Dominica, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Fiji, The Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guam, Guernsey, Guyana, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Puerto Rico, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

Japanese: Japan.
:)

Resha
12-01-2005, 05:26 PM
I have to learn French, and I'm failing miserably enough at that. Do I really need to take up yet another language and fail miserably? :p

Chris
12-01-2005, 05:27 PM
My point, is that Engligh is way too repetitive = hence "redundant" which mean needless repetitive. So Australia couldn't make up their own language like the Irish? Aussie's are lazy.

Anaisa
12-01-2005, 05:55 PM
My point, is that Engligh is way too repetitive = hence "redundant" which mean needless repetitive. So Australia couldn't make up their own language like the Irish? Aussie's are lazy.
Redundant does not mean repetitive. It does mean needless, no longer required . How can such a widely spoken language be no longer required?! You can't deem it to be over used and then claim it has no use.

KoShiatar
12-01-2005, 08:50 PM
I've studied Japanese and Japanese things for nine years now, and I want to throw my books off the window seeing how some people greatly surpassed my proficiency. è__é
Which is actually quite scarce... :(:(:(

Odaisé Gaelach
12-01-2005, 08:51 PM
I'll try and master Russian first, then make my way to Japanese. :)

Luara
12-01-2005, 08:59 PM
japonese its sort of easy, but ...writing it.. no way.. lol

Xaven
12-01-2005, 09:05 PM
I like watching movies in foreign languages (mainly French, Chinese, and Japanese) with subtitles. Learning the language through teacher and book however, no thank you.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Looking at other languages I start liking English more, not saying that I still do not want to learn other languages, including Japanese.

xAerisx
12-01-2005, 09:43 PM
REALLY WANNA LEARN O_O...

If anyone wants to teach me, PM >_<.

Yooniece
12-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Sou na... nihongo wa muzukashii da. Romanji ni benkyou kara.

Zeldy
12-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Doutashishma/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifeh?

.. ;o

Dr Unne
12-01-2005, 10:28 PM
daigaku de benkyou shi<span></span>teta kedo wasurechatta

There are things about the adult brain that prevent most people from ever becoming fluent in another language. The cutoff date is sometime in your teens, if you ever want to speak another language fluently. So says Steven Pinker, anyways. Notice that babies can learn a language almost perfectly from scratch in a couple years. It'd take a decade to be good at Japanese for a native English speaker, in my opinion.

Yamaneko
12-01-2005, 10:33 PM
It can be attributed as a survival mechanism where the brain is more receptive at an early age when communication becomes important to survive.

crashNUMBERS
12-01-2005, 10:38 PM
My brother is Japanese and tried to learn it once, however he didn't. :(
So he's a step brother??

Rye
12-01-2005, 10:39 PM
I like my language, so no. :) It would've been nice to learn another language, but I'm kinda past the age where I can pick it up well. If only my Dad, who was born in Italy, taught me Italian when I was really little.

edczxcvbnm
12-01-2005, 10:43 PM
If you want to learn a new language the best was is massive exposure. Wanna learn Japanese? Watch a lot of what ever you can as you learn. That way you will be able to pick up the words as you learn. My dad learned quite a bit of German about 10 years ago...that was when he was 40. It isn't impossible and the more exposure you have the easier it becomes to recognized the words.

Having said all of that the older you are the longer it will also take you because of this annoying thing called a job and other annoying things like bills and the later on kids. That brings your time to study to a grinding hault...unless you go away on buisness...like my dad did. Be part about being over there in meetings is he was introduced to two people.

Some buisness guy: "This is Franz and this is Hanz"
*in my dad's head* "And we are going to pump *clap* you up"

He started to laugh XD

Monster Hunt
12-02-2005, 06:09 AM
needs help with japanese... i'd be happy to help...

hanbun nihonjin dakara shizen to narata no! (I'm half japanese so naturally I learnt it...)

loza
12-02-2005, 06:26 AM
needs help with japanese... i'd be happy to help...

hanbun nihonjin dakara shizen to narata no! (I'm half japanese so naturally I learnt it...)

i was going 2 say my best friend is japanese she can help but she beat me 2 it
any way i'm learning japanese next year :rolleyes2

Monster Hunt
12-02-2005, 06:34 AM
ha! nana na na naaa!

loza
12-02-2005, 07:06 AM
ur mean!!! nah ur my bf :D

Yuffie514
12-02-2005, 02:15 PM
i only got as far as singing/studying Japanese lyrics in romaji. i get the nouns/pronouns/verbs so messed up, and it happens when i also try to learn other languages. all i get out of learning new languages is learning to speak it fluently, and if i have to write characters (Chinese/Japanese), they'll look terrible...

black orb
12-02-2005, 04:35 PM
>>> Im going to learn Japanese some day but Japanese classes are expensive, I cant afford it right now..

rubah
12-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Does that say sun in the title? XD