PDA

View Full Version : Freedom.

Chris
12-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Freedom. This is a concept that men have fought about for as long as stronger men found out that it might be a good idea to oppress other people in order to make their own lives easier. It is something that they would gladly die for, and that they want above all other things. The citizens of the Paramekian Empire are not free. The empire itself is ruled by a psychotic, hellbent on conquering the planet, and able to summon evil monsters to crush and wage war on his enemies. Those living in the city of Phin did not want to be a part of this horror, and they fought for their freedom against all odds. Their defeat was quick and painful. Demons and armies alike entered Phin and took it down. Now, four of Phin's youth must flee to Altea. They don't know it yet, but they are soon to embark on an amazing journey, and they are about to bring the world hope. Hope for human life, for the future, and most of all...for freedom.

I was just reading this again for the first time in a long time and realized how great it actually is.

boys from the dwarf
12-01-2005, 07:40 PM
a lot of FFs have great intros and things like that. have you ever sat down and admired how great the FF4 legend is? the one where cecil becomes a paladin. also the start of FF 1 when you beat garland and step onto the bridge and the tune plays and the words go down and also the same thing happens on FF4 near the start. the story writer for FF is a great writer and author. those are amazing peices of writing. probbably even better than the FF2 start but thats just my opinion.

Peter_20
12-01-2005, 07:49 PM
I think Final Fantasy 2 rocks, too bad it didn't handle the system better.
They could at least allow us to use lower levels of magics that are boosted to insanity.
I don't wanna use a LV16 Cure spell when a LV2 ditto could manage greatly. :mad:

vampirepiggyhunter7
12-01-2005, 09:15 PM
I love 2. I didnt at first, but then I realized how great it was.

Captain Maxx Power
12-01-2005, 10:26 PM
The empire itself is ruled by a psychotic,

I wondered what he did in his spare time. Facist your regime indeed.

By the by, I love FF2. Probably one of my favourite games.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
12-01-2005, 11:50 PM
I don't recall that written in the game at all. I assumed all the intros by EoFF were by the staff

DJZen
12-04-2005, 09:19 PM
I think Final Fantasy 2 rocks, too bad it didn't handle the system better.
They could at least allow us to use lower levels of magics that are boosted to insanity.
I don't wanna use a LV16 Cure spell when a LV2 ditto could manage greatly. :mad:

That's your fault then for levelling the spell up so high.

Fireblade13
12-07-2005, 08:29 PM
I agree you should be able to lower your spell level

Peter_20
12-07-2005, 08:48 PM
That's your fault then for levelling the spell up so high.Well, I'm always forced to use it in order to accually cure my characters, so I level it up that high unwillingly.
Then I'm stuck with some damn überlevel that I don't need. :mad:

Slam Dancin' Moogle
04-09-2006, 06:27 AM
a lot of FFs have great intros and things like that. have you ever sat down and admired how great the FF4 legend is? the one where cecil becomes a paladin. also the start of FF 1 when you beat garland and step onto the bridge and the tune plays and the words go down and also the same thing happens on FF4 near the start. the story writer for FF is a great writer and author. those are amazing peices of writing. probbably even better than the FF2 start but thats just my opinion.
Yep. The bridge scene is perhaps one of the most famous FF scenes... ever.

FFII had a good storyline, and that's what addicts me to play it. It also has a dark mood, as nothing really good happens, as one bad thing happens after another ( e. g. Mythril, then warship) I like the dark scene to it, as well as how the characters each have good and unique personalities.