PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 2j - Spell Levels...

Peter_20
12-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Why the hell do you have to use the HIGHEST Level of every spell in this game?
This annoys me a lot, it's not like I ALWAYS need the absolutely highest version of those magics!
Imagine, you're gonna attack an enemy with a Fire spell and you know Fire1 would be perfectly enough,
but your Fire16 only allows... LV16.
This is very unpractical.

I really don't know why we couldn't use those lower Levels of the spells as well.
That actually should be possible even with these outdated graphics.

Captain Maxx Power
12-01-2005, 10:29 PM
What works work is all I can say. You can easily reach 999 MP anyways, so that's about sixty two castings of the spell. More than enough to see you through the average dungeon. Think about the poor old school FF1. You could cast nine spells from each level max!

Peter_20
12-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I know you can work practically anything up to the max ridiculously easy, but it's not like it's FUN running around and boost the MP until it handles mega-leveled magics.
It's no BIG mistake, but it's still annoying at times.

DJZen
12-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Levelling fire over 10 is just pointless. You can easily take out most bosses with Fire 8.

Captain Maxx Power
12-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Levelling fire over 10 is just pointless. You can easily take out most bosses with Fire 8.

Unless of course you're powering-up Ultima in the GBA version.

DJZen
12-05-2005, 02:33 AM
I never saw the point of levelling up Ultima in the GBA version. It's not like you can't pwnz the **** out of everything in sight without it. Heck, Holy and Flare can easily do tons of damage for less effort.

Masamune·1600
12-06-2005, 05:03 AM
Given the algorithm by which spells level, it would take a specific, concentrated effort to get any spell other than Cure (and even Cure won't necessarily reach 16) to Lv. 16.

Also, Osmose should be sufficient to deal with any possible MP shortage.