PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Zombie

Sephitachi7
12-02-2005, 03:43 AM
I've been trying to fight Dragon Zombie for abotu 30 mins now and nothing. Have I done something wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind just fought him.

Anniexo
12-02-2005, 03:15 PM
I've been trying to fight Dragon Zombie for abotu 30 mins now and nothing. Have I done something wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind just fought him.
dragon zombie? is that a side boss or something cus i don't remember a monster called that

redxiiii
12-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Isn't dragon Zombie a monstor in the north crater, it's quite powerful because of the status abnormalities it can cause but it's really quite easy to kill and you can learn Pandora's box I think it's called from it.

Light Mage
12-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Do you have a spare X-Potion?

Try using that on him!

Anniexo
12-02-2005, 07:55 PM
oh is one of it's attacked tail whip?

Light Mage
12-02-2005, 07:56 PM
oh is one of it's attacked tail whip?
No that's Rattata from Pokémon.

*crying aloud with mirth and merriment*

Anniexo
12-02-2005, 07:59 PM
No that's Rattata from Pokémon.

*crying aloud with mirth and merriment*

duh i know that but am sure tail whip is used in the ff7 game by zombi dragon :mad:

KoShiatar
12-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Since it's an undead enemy, it's easy to kill with healing spells or items. A Phoenix Down, a Life spell or a Phoenix summon should make for an instant death.

Sephitachi7
12-03-2005, 03:46 AM
Yeah it's that big dragon skeleton looking monster. I had learned Pandora's Box from it but I didn't learn Shadow Flare from it so I had to go back and fight it. I kept getting the stupid joker looking guys (I think they're called death dealers) but finally, after 30 mins, I fought him.

BTW, I heard there was a glitch dealing with this Dragon Zombie.

BG-57
12-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah there is, although some have argued that it was deliberate on Square's part.

Here it is:

The first Dragon Zombie your party meets in the right path can cast Pandora's Box as a last resort when it's mortally wounded. Every Dragon Zombie you meet after that doesn't use Pandora's Box. Period.

I fought over 200 of them before I found out about this. So save before you try to get Pandora's Box. :mad:

PS: You can use Death spells on Dragon Zombies to revitalize their HP. They'll cast Shadow Flare eventually (although randomly).

PPS: try casting Death Force on yourself and the Death Dealers and then let them cast Roulette. Nobody dies and you can keep going until everybody learns it.

Light Mage
12-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Is Death Force the skill you learn from the Adamantioses on Wutai Beach?

BG-57
12-03-2005, 04:34 PM
It's been a while, but I think so.

I've always meant to try Death Force on the party and then use the Kiss of Death to see if would instantly slay enemies, but I never got around to it.

Sephitachi7
12-03-2005, 06:23 PM
thanks for the info. I used to own the PC version and I'm not sure if this was still the case for the Dragon Zombies and Pandora's Box. But it has been a while since I've played it for PC.

BG-57
12-03-2005, 09:28 PM
I can only hope that they fixed it for the PC. It's a serious problem no matter what.

TheSpoonyBard
12-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Is Death Force the skill you learn from the Adamantioses on Wutai Beach?
Adamantaimai, but yes, on the Wutai beaches.

As BG-57 has said Death Force protects against Death attacks such as Roulette, but it also protects against Lv4/5 Death and the Master Tonberry's Knife attack. However, if you have a party of three against the Master Tonberry Death Force will only work for a single character at any one time, so you need to cast it when you can determine who is going to be Knifed.

chronic_Maniac
12-08-2005, 02:05 PM
I got every enemy skill except pandora's box. When I go to get it he don't cough it up before he dies. Is there a bullet proff thing you can do to get him to use it? I've probally fought him 20 - 30 times having patince and nothing.

Neco Arc
12-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Yeah there is, although some have argued that it was deliberate on Square's part.

Here it is:

The first Dragon Zombie your party meets in the right path can cast Pandora's Box as a last resort when it's mortally wounded. Every Dragon Zombie you meet after that doesn't use Pandora's Box. Period.

I fought over 200 of them before I found out about this. So save before you try to get Pandora's Box.