PDA

View Full Version : My Voice Actor Picks for the Xenogears Characters

LunarWeaver
12-02-2005, 05:05 PM
OK, so it will never get a remake full of voice acting and technically the characters already have voice actors...sorta. So it's a little silly, but who cares! I want to choose voice actors for them and now I will. Feel free to put up your own choices! If you can't think of the actual actor's name www.voicechasers.com is decent to look them up. I'm only going to choose people with voice actor as their main profession though and not Hollywood actors. I'm only going to do the main useable cast...

Fei-Kirby Morrow...I like him as Miroku in Inuyasha, and fans of Escaflowne will know him as Van. Just play him all whiny and he's got it. Plus anyone named Kirby is just plain cool.

Elly-Kari Whalgren...She's in a ton of stuff, especially anime, but I like her as Raine Sage in Tales of Symphonia and Karen Koenig in Shadow Hearts 2.

Bart-Vic Mignogna...Best known as Edward Elric on Fullmetal Alchemist.

Citan-Kirk Thorton...He's in quite a few things, and Xenosaga actually (as Mathews), but I chose him for the way he plays Jin in Samurai Champloo. He can play all kinds of characters.

Rico-David Hayter...Snake from Metal Gear. That growl is just too good to pass up. Though I hate to waste such a talented fellow on such a useless piece of garbage like Rico gah!

Billy-Scott Menville...Another guy that's in everything. You may know him as Robin in the Teen Titans. If he played him a little more low-key and snooty I think he could do it. Besides, he was Ma-Ti from Captain Planet with the useless element of Heart, which I just find funny.

Maria-Melissa Fahn...Plays spazz characters like Ed from Cowboy Bebop, who I know is nothing like Maria. But if she calmed down and acted all mature and proper it could work out. Actually, I just love Ed.

Emeralda/Chu-chu-Tara Strong...Best known as everyone in anything ever. Seriously, check out the girl's resume. Anyone on this forum would know her as Rikku from X and X-2. She could pull off the cutsie Chu-Chu and Emeralda easily.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Let's see...

Fei: Tomokazu Seki. I enjoyed a lot of his performances in various roles, and I think his deeper and more serious tone would work really well. He can portray a very passionate character with some sullen and unwilling undertones that would make a great Fei.

Elly: Hayashibara Megumi. She has an amazing vocal range, and if she used her deep, rich singing voice, she would make an amazing Elly.

Bart: Ryôtarô Okiayu. He has done some extremely funny roles, but he also can do some very serious, powerful roles. I think he'd make a great Bart, he captures the best of both worlds.

Citan: Toru Ôkawa. His voice is calm and powerful, and he can also be cheerful and lighthearted. He would capture a lot of Citan's calm demeanor, but still with some humorous undertones.

Rico: Tesshô Genda. I've heard him in several different roles, and he can do a really gruff and powerful voice quite well.

Billy: Kazuhiko Inoue. The voices he does have been calm and composed, but are also generally quite strong, and he can do some funnier characters, but it's generally more of a deadpanned humor. I think he'd do the role quite well.

Maria: Maaya Sakamoto. She has a great vocal range, and she could do a calm and composed but rather young girl very well. In all the roles she's played, she's sure to do very well at this.

Emeralda: Yui Horie. She can do either really malicious or really cutesy voices for younger girls, and would do Emeralda well in the role where you initially meet her and later, when she joins you.

Adult Emeralda: Masami Suzuki. Although she's not played a lot of roles, hearing her sing a duet with Hayashibara Megumi in several of the Slayers songs makes me confident that she could have the same rich tonal quality that Hayashibara Megumi could give to Elly.

Chuchu: Ikue Otani. I mean, come on. The voice of Pikachu! She's really good at all kinds of cutsey roles and she'd make a wonderful Chuchu.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Jeez that actually sounds pretty good, Voido.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-03-2005, 12:51 AM
Why thank you. I'm also extremely amused by the fact that we both picked the voice of Van Fanel for Fei, only I chose the better Japanese one.

Taiyou
12-03-2005, 07:59 AM
Why thank you. I'm also extremely amused by the fact that we both picked the voice of Van Fanel for Fei, only I chose the better Japanese one.

lol

Mercen-X
12-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Fei-Kirby Morrow...I like him as Miroku in Inuyasha, and fans of Escaflowne will know him as Van. Just play him all whiny and he's got it. Plus anyone named Kirby is just plain cool.He also played Cyclops on X-Men: Evolution and Rad on Transformers: Energon.

Bart-Vic Mignogna...Best known as Edward Elric on Fullmetal Alchemist.Also Saiyan Broly from Dragonball Z (or GT, I've never actually seen it.)

I can't provide an opinionative cast list as I've never been able to play Xenogears. Before playing Xenosaga, the concept of controlling mech in RPG battles concerned me. I thought it might detract from the game somehow. Now, however, I can't even find a copy of Xenogears to try out.

Destai
12-03-2005, 10:58 PM
He also played Cyclops on X-Men: Evolution and Rad on Transformers: Energon.
Also Saiyan Broly from Dragonball Z (or GT, I've never actually seen it.)

I can't provide an opinionative cast list as I've never been able to play Xenogears. Before playing Xenosaga, the concept of controlling mech in RPG battles concerned me. I thought it might detract from the game somehow. Now, however, I can't even find a copy of Xenogears to try out.
www.gkworld.com and kana direct from Amazon sell copies if you're open to ordering them online.

Mercen-X
12-03-2005, 11:30 PM
www.gkworld.com and kana direct from Amazon sell copies if you're open to ordering them online.
It'll be a long time before I can order things online again. I've still got to pay off my bank debt, change my plan to "cut-off" (so that my spending dries up coinciding my funds), let alone a number of other tasks I must complete before I start frittering my funds away on the ether.

DocFrance
12-04-2005, 12:05 AM
I'd be happy just as long as Wendee Lee is in there somewhere. Preferably as Elly.