PDA

View Full Version : Ctrl-Alt-Del Animation

Traitorfish
12-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Anyone seen this? (http://www.cad-animation.com/)
I don't like it- it seems like a cheap ploy to make an income by providing a product and/or service.
Seriously, though, it seems dumb. Oddly enough, a few days ago I was wondering if we'd ever see a webcomic in cartoon form, and it seemed like the first guys to do it would be CAD, cos nothing else is as big except PA< and they have way too much dignity, plus they're pretty slow- they're only just releasing a book after the site's been around for eight years, when Tim Buckley released one after his site had only been around for three years. Little Gamers and Machall all have books too, but PA's isn't released until January. Of course, the difference could be that it's all new material, instead of just stuff off the site...
OK, wildly off topic in the first post. This thread doesn't look good.
Anyway, any views of the CAD animation? I don't know how they're gonna do the voices- it seems like any attempt at finding an actor will go horribly wrong, cos it always does- everyone has their own idea of how the characters sound.

Rye
12-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh man, that looks so awesome! My only worry is voice acting, but aside that, it looks great!

Miriel
12-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Wow, this is gonna be a huge hit!!

Shlup
12-02-2005, 09:51 PM
That looked purdy cool.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-02-2005, 09:52 PM
What's wrong with him making money off of it? Generally Tim Buckley does a good job, and if he can make more money with animations, good for him. I, for one, will probably subscribe so I can watch the flash animations, I think it's worth it. If I don't like where it goes, I won't pay.

Traitorfish
12-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Well, I, being a 16 year old, sans employment, haven't got the cash for it. I supposse acually making cash off it seems like a good idea, though, cos'll it'll mean regular updates, somthing which very few Flash Sites have. Weebl seems to manage it, but other guys, like Legendary Frog, don't make enough money from the animations to live off, so you just have to live with waiting. (How long have we been waiting for 'There's Something About Halo 2'?)

Winter Nights
12-02-2005, 11:43 PM
I'll prolly check it out. If I don't like it, I don't have to continue. But, it's definately worth a shot.