PDA

View Full Version : sh4 vs re4

leon123
12-02-2005, 11:02 PM
what is better silent hill 4 or resident evil.

Sephex
12-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Resident Evil 4 by far for the simple fact that the major changes to the series helped IMPROVE the game, not hinder it.

Dreddz
12-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Tough, I enoyed both for different reasons, Re4 is probably, by fact better, but I still like SH4 for it being out right pant wetting. Althougth, now is the time for SH to do that leap like Re did ......

Slothy
12-03-2005, 04:49 AM
SH4 is scarier by far. RE4 technically had better gameplay. I say technically because although the gameplay was good, there were some small issues I had with it that made it unessesarily troublesome, and it got repetitve pretty fast. By about half way through, I could barely stand playing the game anymore. It was just twice as long as it should have been given the story was uninteresting, and all it really had was gameplay. I'll give it to SH4 for that reason. The gameplay may not have been as good, but at least it kept me interested.

ffxfreak93
12-03-2005, 05:51 AM
re4

Yuffie514
12-03-2005, 06:11 AM
horror-wise...Silent Hill 4 wins (and that's all that really matters), xD. i didn't enjoy it as much as its last two predecessors, but i'm still a big Silent Hill fan. on the contrary, i have yet to play Resident Evil 4.

xtreme112
12-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Alone in the dark! lol
actually I've never played AITD, or SH, I did on the other hand play through RE2 & 3 and I loved it, jumped about 2 metres high everytime a zombie suddenly popped out of nowhere, screaming violently, but i still enjoyed it.
and whats the point of playing/watching horror stuff if it doesnt scare you?

Germ Hamee
12-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Hmm. They really did try to move the series further with SH4... but in the end, I think it backfired. They overdid it. I haven't found it in me to finish the game because of how tedious everything is -- the ghosts, retravelling the idiot worlds that look exactly the same as before, things invading my apartment AHH!

However, it did have a fantastic story (as usual with Silent Hill). As I found RE4 to be equally tedious and lacking a decent plot, I rank SH4 over it.