PDA

View Full Version : Two new characters are introduced in FF XII

Crossblades
12-02-2005, 11:24 PM
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/2086.html

Square Enix has opened the newly revamped official website for its PlayStation 2 RPG Final Fantasy XII. The update revealed several new bits of information on the often delayed 12th main series installment of the company's flagship series.
While the game's soundtrack is composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto, the main theme has been created by both Sakimoto and world-renowed artist Tarou Hakase. The song was not only produced, composed and arranged by Hakase, he also performed it on his violin. The resulting symphonic poem is titled "Kibou" (hope). The maxi single as well as a special package containing both the single and DVD featuring a Final Fantasy XII trailer and a Tarou Hakase promotion movie will go on sale in Japan on March 1st. They will carry the catalogue numbers HUCD-10015 and HUCD-10014/B, respectively. The standard maxi single will retail for 1,000 yen ($8.36 USD), while the special package will cost 1,600 yen ($13.38 USD).

With Larsa and Vayne, two new characters have also been revealed. The 27-year old Vayne Carudas Solidor is the son of Gramis, the 11th emperor of Arcadia and heir to the throne. While Gramis has four children among whom Vayne is only the third, his two elder brothers died in battle. Their deaths however are said to have happened in connection with the cover up of a conspiracy. Larsa is the 12-year old fourth son of Gramis and Vayne's younger brother. He is second in line to succeed Gramis as emperor and tries hard to gain the respect of his father and older brother.

Final Fantasy XII will be released in Japan on March 16th for 8,562 yen ($71.61 USD).

Hiraku
12-03-2005, 07:57 PM
It seems that Vayne and Larsa are playable, they even have their own desktop :p
But, I really wish to have a Bangaa on the team... they said that Bangaa has their own special sorcery, and I'd like to use that

Cathyrine Tyrn
12-05-2005, 01:46 AM
Am I the only who remembers seeing the scans of Vayne like 2 months ago? We've known about his for a long while, just no big details. Larsa (or Rasler as he's called in the Demo) is totally new to us.

And does anyone else think Vayne seems to have an air about him like Seymour from early in FFX?

boys from the dwarf
12-05-2005, 07:57 AM
vayne is nothing new. i saw him ages ago.if larsa is rasler hes nothing new either.

Croyles
12-07-2005, 10:07 PM
They're only new in that their character profiles have now been created in the Japanese Official FFXII website, and a little information is revealed regarding their story.

UWAOOOOU
12-10-2005, 10:00 PM
The little kid looks interesting. I think hell be one of my favs.,

TurkSlayer
12-11-2005, 05:04 AM
I had a feeling Vayne would be playable. I think I also mentioned somewhere else that I thought the kid in a group of pics would be playable too. It appears that I was right on both assumptions.

crashNUMBERS
12-11-2005, 04:17 PM
And EVERYONE thought it was Laguna. Laguna is a cool guy and all but you guys should know every Final Fantasy has their own set of characters. And even so that guy does not even look like Laguna. Everyone's just thrown off by the hair...

UWAOOOOU
12-11-2005, 05:12 PM
And EVERYONE thought it was Laguna. Laguna is a cool guy and all but you guys should know every Final Fantasy has their own set of characters. And even so that guy does not even look like Laguna. Everyone's just thrown off by the hair...No one thought it was Laguna. Except for an over rated magazine.

crashNUMBERS
12-11-2005, 05:54 PM
No. There were many threads and insite's that were about Laguna joining in FFXII. May I say, that there was even a EoFF front page article about it...

UWAOOOOU
12-11-2005, 05:57 PM
No. There were many threads and insite's that were about Laguna joining in FFXII. May I say, that there was even a EoFF front page article about it...
Yeah because people were confued that a magazine would actually report something like that when it was clearly wrong.

crashNUMBERS
12-11-2005, 06:05 PM
And that's my point. Most were convinced that he was Laguna. But seriously. When was Laguna so grainy and old??

TurkSlayer
12-11-2005, 06:06 PM
And that's my point. Most were convinced that he was Laguna. But seriously. When wasn't Laguna so grainy and old??

UWAOOOOU
12-11-2005, 06:06 PM
And that's my point. Most were convinced that he was Laguna. But seriously. When was Laguna so grainy and old??No one was convinced he was Laguna. All the confusion came because people were convinced he wasnt Laguna.

crashNUMBERS
12-11-2005, 06:12 PM
I fail to see how that makes sence. No offense. People thought it was Laguna because of false information. Now it's officially stated that that guy isn't Laguna. But my main point is that I don't see how anyone could've mistaken that guy for Laguna. Even so-called profesional magezine staff...

UWAOOOOU
12-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Its verysimple to understand. People were sure they wouldnt cameo Laguna inFFXII but this magazine was saying otherwise so people started threads asking about it and were explained that it was a mistake. Its really easy to understand.

crashNUMBERS
12-11-2005, 06:25 PM
But what Im trying to say is that I don't see how people DID think it was Laguna. Regardless of false info.

Mirage
12-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Larsa should have been a girl. :(