PDA

View Full Version : Opinon: Your underrated games?

Lionx
12-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Klonoa
Guardian Legend
Fandauxu (sp...but its some old school rpg game, if you like something like that then yeah :3)
Tail Concerto
Silicon Valley
Glover
Megaman Legends(to me it feels underappreciated)
Final Fantasy XI (just cuz its online)
Advance Wars 1
Actraiser

Lindy
12-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Silicon Valley
That's SPACE STATION Silicon Valley to you, mister.

Glover wasn't underrated, it was a near-impossible game that you couldn't beat even if you cheated because the computer cheated BETTER than you could.

And AW1 was pretty massive in America and Europe, just wasn't in Japan because it was pulled after the September 11th events.

I'd say Boktai and Boktai 2 would most definitely come under the "underrated" banner.

Raistlin
12-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Suikoden's gaining in popularity, but it's still pretty underrated. Lunar SSSC probably takes over as "most underrated RPG."

Lindy
12-03-2005, 05:33 PM
That's purely because most people didn't get the opportunity to even come close to playing Lunar.

Originally on a sega console, limited release on PSX, not much chance to play it, sadly.

Destai
12-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Lotts and lotts of under rated RPG's. RPG's arent very popular in Europe generally. Grandias awesome though that sounds similar to the situation Lindy just described.

vampirepiggyhunter7
12-03-2005, 05:50 PM
That's purely because most people didn't get the opportunity to even come close to playing Lunar.

Originally on a sega console, limited release on PSX, not much chance to play it, sadly.
I played Lunar Legend for the GBA and hated it, and I'm an RPG lover.

Dreddz
12-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Ico and Red Dead, oh and Kurushi .....
Ico is mentioned all the time as underrated, thats because it is .......

Raistlin
12-03-2005, 05:58 PM
I played Lunar Legend for the GBA and hated it, and I'm an RPG lover.
That's because Lunar Legend sucked.

raskerino
12-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Chrono Cross I find very underrated, it was an absolutely amazing game.

I might say Ico but the people that have played it rate it very highly so I don't think it's underrated.

I think Grandia doesn't get a lot of attention, but I beat Grandia 2 and it doesn't deserve very much attention. Everything was weak except the gameplay that was great, that's no enough for me to say it's highly underrated, maybe a little though.

I think LOD deserves less hate but it wasn't really good so I'm not complaining.

black orb
12-03-2005, 06:21 PM
>>> Valkyrie Profile..

Destai
12-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Chrono Cross I find very underrated, it was an absolutely amazing game.

I might say Ico but the people that have played it rate it very highly so I don't think it's underrated.

I think Grandia doesn't get a lot of attention, but I beat Grandia 2 and it doesn't deserve very much attention. Everything was weak except the gameplay that was great, that's no enough for me to say it's highly underrated, maybe a little though.

I think LOD deserves less hate but it wasn't really good so I'm not complaining.I just have to say how awesome the Grandia II soundtrack is compared toRPG's everywhere. The graphics were ok when they were on the Dreamcast but once they ported they were just sucking which is the exact same as Grandia I. And I dont think theres anything wrong with cliche storylines as long as they dont go too dragon warrior.

Lindy
12-03-2005, 06:46 PM
That's because Lunar Legend sucked.
Second'd.

It's like they murdered Lunar and then raped it's corpse.

Yew-Yevon
12-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Both Halos:kaoangry:

Destai
12-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Both Halos:kaoangry:theyre both really highly rated.

Yew-Yevon
12-03-2005, 07:12 PM
theyre both really highly rated.
sorry i thought its said overrated:D

Dreddz
12-03-2005, 07:38 PM
RPG's arent in Europe generally
Good to see you have come to your senses ......

Shoeberto
12-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Tomba!

Lord Chainsaw
12-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Actraiser

All hail the greatest game ever made. Seriously.

Others beside it include (my special SNES edition):

Anything by Quintet, especially ActRaiser II in terms of how they were received by the players. Soulblazer Trilogy needs recognition too, especially Soulblazer and Terranigma.

E.V.O. The Search for Eden, one of the finest video game stories ever told.

The Secret of Evermore, quite possibly one of the best action-rpgs I've ever had the honor of playing. Easily my favorite RPG on the SNES, and with one of the most unique and fitting musical scores in gaming.

Mega Man X2, which for some reason I can never understand why people do not like. They like X1, which was good. But then they like X3 over X2, which sucked. X2 was just as good as the original Mega Man X, and sported some incredible levels, villains (Agile is the pwn, and you know it), and music. Flame Stag and the North Pole Base stage 1 and 2 are the most memorable tracks.

Demon's Crest, which flew under everyone's radar. It doesn't help that it was a spinoff of another series that also flew under everyone's radar, possibly for being too hard. Demon's Crest presents an extremely immersive world in which all elements of the story come together to tell an incredible tale. While I am normally not too intense in my support for non-linearity in games, the way the game throws you out into Hell and has you scramble for the runes however you can adds to the overall chaotic theme of a disorganized netherworld being run by a crappy leader.

Dragon View, the sequel to a game everyone thought was crap, Drakkhen. And they were right. But Dragon View is actually good. It has a unique way of showcasing dialogue in a narrative sense that makes it stand out. The battle system is also great. It is a mixture of a beat em up, and an RPG.

Dreddz
12-03-2005, 08:51 PM
The Secret of Evermore
I agree, someone tried correcting me saying " Did you mean secret of mana"
I was shocked ......

edczxcvbnm
12-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Underrated?

Incredible Crisis was hilariously fun.
Z.O.E. 2 was everything the original should have been and is one of the best robot action games ever.
Gun Valkrye is up ther also.

Other games I like that are not underrate but have yet to produce a sequel or even a mention of one are

Chronicles of Riddick
Beyond Good and Evil

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Z.O.E. 2 was everything the original should have been and is one of the best robot action games ever.

Yes.

Also, The Bard's Tale is a great game that didn't get nearly as much publicity as it deserved. Same goes for Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone.

Also worth mentioning is Disgaea, which has a cult following but isn't nearly as popular in America as it deserves to be. Which means I may never get to see the manga or anime, and that makes me sad.

Destai
12-03-2005, 09:59 PM
I thought behold the void would have mentioned Xenogears. Aside from its handful of huge fans its really not very well known. Im pretty confident to say

ZeZipster
12-03-2005, 10:03 PM
The Armored Core series.

Mr. Mojo Risin
12-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Vagrant Story

Medi
12-04-2005, 02:31 AM
Secret of Evermore is WAY too underrated. It's such a great game, I don't know why lots of people don't like it.

Edit: It looks like Lord Chainsaw already said it. I agree about what he said.

Gnostic Yevon
12-04-2005, 03:46 AM
Kessen is a pretty good RTS for the ps2.

Dragon Warrior seems a tad underrated in the US (considering that it's illegal to release the game on weekdays in JP so as the kiddies don't skip school to buy it probably means it ain't overrated there).

Suikoden

Lindy
12-04-2005, 04:20 AM
Secret of Evermore is underrated because people were too busy hating on it as it was what everyone other than Japan got when they had Seiken Densetsu 3.

Vermachtnis
12-04-2005, 04:35 AM
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator
I've barely met anyone who knows about this game. It's really good and really hard. Some of the boss fights can last a good hour, if you don't know what your doing. I'm looking at you Sonic Lava Boss! Everything is voice acted. This an RPG with 100s of NPCs and everyone of them is voice acted. I know that isn't alot now, but this game was released in '99. There are also 9 different characters with different skills and there are all usefull, well exept for Runner. I've never switched characters so much in a game before. Not only that, but for the final level you have to use all 9, kinda like FF6, but the teams are fixed.

Markus. D
12-04-2005, 06:51 AM
World of Warcraft.

heh. i mean, Final Fantasy X-2.

people seem to keep vommiting on it, it hurts me inside honest to god.

The Last Ancient
12-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Breath of Fire 4 to me is a very underated game with a very unique story and some great characters and music. I always liked the bouncer too mostly for what it could be, but the story is pretty interesting, even if it's told at rapid pace.

Deaths_Hand
12-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Legend of Dragoon, Xenosaga, Elder Scrolls series