PDA

View Full Version : what ever happen to final fantasy mystic quest

Rogue
12-03-2005, 08:03 PM
what ever happen to this game it is a great game along with all the other forgotten ff series like final fantasy legend 1-3 and ffadventure
do you guys and gals think they will remake these games for the gameboy advance like 1-6:choc2:

Dreddz
12-03-2005, 08:29 PM
MQ was really good, although short, actually, very short. It was entertaining while it lasted, which was for a few hours.
I think the game could be remade, but I think people would regard it as a joke to be honest, with all of the other stuff coming out at the moment.

Raven Nox
12-03-2005, 09:00 PM
It's a very unpoplar game, mostly in Japan since it was first released for America, then released in Japan as Final Fantasy USA... and when you do that... yeah, not very popular.

Also, the Legends series are only FFs in America, they had a differnet name in Japan, though it escapes me.

I actually doubt they'll rerelease any of them.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Final Fantasy Legends were actually part of the SaGa series, refer to this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=74587) thread for more information.

Adventure was the first in the Seiken Densetsu series, from which Secret of Mana was the second.

Raven Nox
12-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Aw, yes, that's right. I was thinking SaGa, but I wasn't sure. Thank you.

And I didn't know Adventure was the first Seiken Densetsu, that's interesting.

Lord Chainsaw
12-04-2005, 12:59 AM
It is a shame. Mystic Quest really does need to be remade, but not as a turn based RPG. It needs to be remade as an action/adventure. It would fit that genre much better, with a nice and smug 10 dungeons, a single player controlled character and a single computer controlled character, and only the necessities as far as items and equipment go.

Rogue
12-04-2005, 02:22 AM
i would like to see final fantasy mystic quest to be remade but with a bundle like tactics for ps1 but for the gameboy advance this here would also lead to a new guide for the both of them wich is cool i guess but yeah ffl 1-3 and adventure is not even part of the ff series

Lord Chainsaw
12-04-2005, 04:42 AM
I said 10 dungeons, but I forgot that each world was divided into three levels.

That's 3 x 4 + 2, 14 dungeons, a little over your average Zelda game. Let's face it, the game was meant for real time combat, platforming, and adventure. The Dragon Claw, the Mega Explosives, the wall scaling...

It isn't a complex plot, which works far better in terms of being adventure. The Fall's Basin would lend itself to creating a makeshift path of pillars and then platforming to freedom. The Ice Pyramid with its invisible enemies would make for an interesting challenge as far as uninterrupted real time combat goes. Perhaps shining a flare in the icy halls of the pyramid would illuminate the lamias long enough for Benjamin to uncover the dungeon's main prize: the mirror of visibility.

I can see the boss fights too. The gigantic Flamerus Rex, burrowed under pits of quicksand. The Ice Golem, fought on a dangerous position on the catwalk above the pyramid where proper footing must be kept on the already slippery diases. The Dual Head Hydra in a pit of volatile lava. And of course, the cowardly Pazuzu, who flees the scene of battle until he is cleverly trapped by Benjamin using high tech elevators.

I'd definitely cut out the plot twist at the end though. A character like the old man only sets himself up for being a useless plot device. I'm sure there's a much better way of disguising that prize at the end. Perhaps we'd get a bit of backstory on the Dark King (one of the architects behind the Focus Tower perhaps?) That would explain the hideous deformity of his true form being a spider who is meant to weave and construct webs of manipulation.

The potential is endless.

DJZen
12-04-2005, 08:44 PM
I think it would work better as an RPG/adventure hybrid. Like Zelda with menu driven combat. I have a lot of ideas about what could be done with a remake of FFMQ, and one of them involves expanding the adventure to show what happens after Benjamin sets sail.

RaidenWeb17
12-06-2005, 12:03 AM
I cant remember who it was but someone said that FF Adventure was a remake of Mystic Quest. they are stupid

Lord Chainsaw
12-06-2005, 03:59 AM
FF Legend 3 is similar to Mystic Quest because of the development team, but that's about it. I prefer Mystic Quest to Legend 3, though. One thing Legend 3 did do better was to include all of the Final Fantasy Ancient Magic, or most of it. Mystic Quest was lacking with only Flare, Quake, Meteor and White.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-06-2005, 04:53 AM
I agree with Lord Chainsaw's idea, that would make a great game. Especially with the next-gen systems, it could be really good.

Maybe add a few more weapon types in for variety. Axe, Sword, Claw and Bomb are all good, but it would be fun to explore some other weapon types.

Crossblades
12-06-2005, 02:05 PM
MQ is actually one of my favorite spinoff FFs. It would be great if it was remade, but this time they should make a 3 Team battle instead of 2.

DJZen
12-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Why 3?

Crossblades
12-07-2005, 04:14 PM
It just seems cooler than only having 2 people in a battle

Yuffie514
12-07-2005, 05:43 PM
i don't know if it will be remade. it would be a great idea b/c i use to play it on my emu. i enjoyed it very much - but i don't have it anymore! some old roms turn up missing or corrupt, etc.

Rase
12-09-2005, 01:03 AM
I whole heartedly agree with Lord Chainsaw on this one, and have thought of that idea myself, although his version is much more thought out and is better in general.

As for the game itself, I find it be a fun game to pick up from time to time. I liked most of the characters, as well as the platform-like and puzzle gameplay. Overall a good game, in my opinion, and one that could definitely be fleshed out into something fantastic nowadays.