PDA

View Full Version : On-sale 2006.3.16

Destai
12-03-2005, 10:14 PM
It seems pretty official this time.

http://www.ff12.com/

Check out the official site which has gotten alot awesomer since I last checked myself.

some old news, Hitoshi Sakimoto who did Breath of Fire V is doing the music with help from....a famous guy. The music in XII and BoF V is seriously similar. Nobuo Uematsas doing the theme song which I think is called "My Last Goodbye" or something.

Heres the new music guys site. http://www.ein-a.com/

Tetsuya Nomuras not doing the character designs. Theyve totally ditched any sort of japanese/anime look and theyve got this new, more detailed, realistic character designer Akihiko Yoshida.

Crossblades
12-04-2005, 01:21 AM
That's the japanese release date

ughhis
12-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Yes, that is the very official Japanese release date.

Hitoshi Sakimoto also did the music for Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story, and Akihiko Yoshida was the character designer for those games. It's director/writer Yasumi Matsunos team.

Nobuo Uematsus Theme is "Last Kiss Goodbye" if I remember correctly.

The site http://www.ein-a.com/ is not Hitoshi Sakimotos site if that was what you meant?
It is the site of Taro Hakase, a seemingly popular Japanese violinist or something who will be doing, umm...

"It was also revealed that renowned violinist Taro Hakase will produce the Final Fantasy XII theme music. The single, Symphony of Hope, will be released on March 1st, 2006 along with a special DVD that includes the music video and Final Fantasy XII trailer." from www.ffxii.net

They will have two theme songs, it seems,
Last Kiss Goodbye [Nobuo Uematsu]
Symphony of Hope [Taro Hakase]

AWESOME! And then Sakimotos soundtrack... YUM!

Also....

"Square Enix has teamed up with the Japanese beverage company Suntory to create the Final Fantasy softdrink, Potion. Final Fantasy XII Potion will be released with premium bottles in March and includes Art Museum cards of the game." from www.ffxii.net

Haha, I love Final Fantasy XII =)

And yes, the site is looking wonderful. LOVE LOVE LOVE :love: :love: !!!

boys from the dwarf
12-04-2005, 04:46 PM
i think the inglish release date though is late next novebmer

Destai
12-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Hitoshi Sakimoto also did the music for Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story, and Akihiko Yoshida was the character designer for those games. It's director/writer Yasumi Matsunos team.I've heard those soundtracks. Im really not too fond of him generally but BoFV was pretty good and I adore the character designs in Vagrant Story. If I ever see an artbook for that game I'll buy it. Hes hardly the same guy that designed Tactics advances characters is he?

Nobuo Uematsus Theme is "Last Kiss Goodbye" if I remember correctly.Yeah I think you're right.

The site http://www.ein-a.com/ is not Hitoshi Sakimotos site if that was what you meant?Itis the site of Taro Hakase, a seemingly popular Japanese violinist or something who will be doing, umm...yes I mean the violinist doing the other theme song.

Dreddz
12-04-2005, 06:37 PM
I only care for the American and EU release dates.
This means nothing too me ........

Mirage
12-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Just add 6 months for the US release, and another 6 months for the EU release. It's that simple.

Tetsuya Nomuras not doing the character designs. Theyve totally ditched any sort of japanese/anime look and theyve got this new, more detailed, realistic character designer Akihiko Yoshida.

As if the FF8, FF10 and FF11 characters were asian or anime-style.

Hiraku
12-05-2005, 01:41 AM
I thought the theme song is called "Kiss Me Goodbye"

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
12-05-2005, 05:58 AM
Realistic or not ff12 is shaping up to be a real hot game!:D

Destai
12-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Just add 6 months for the US release, and another 6 months for the EU release. It's that simple.

As if the FF8, FF10 and FF11 characters were asian or anime-style.I was thinking mainly VII but wasnt X extremely asian?

Mirage
12-05-2005, 04:53 PM
The environment perhaps, but I didn't find the characters themselves very asian-looking. I mean, Tidus has blonde hair and blue eyes.

ThroneofDravaris
12-05-2005, 04:59 PM
The environment perhaps, but I didn't find the characters themselves very asian-looking. I mean, Tidus has blonde hair and blue eyes.

He did, however, have Asian facial features. Same goes for Yuna and Rikku.

Ichimonji
12-05-2005, 06:23 PM
No, you're thinking of the Cinematics, where there are sight fornications of the eyes on some of the characters. If you look at the art of his characters in FFX, and the 3D models, you'll find that he didn't use the Japanese/anime styled artwork as he did for FFVII. FFVII was virtually the only one Tetsuya made that did have the anime feel.

Also, I would hardly call Akihiko Yoshida a more detailed, realistic character designer, as he did do the Character designs for FFT, TO, VS, etc. They are both excellent artists.

Destai
12-05-2005, 09:07 PM
No, you're thinking of the Cinematics, where there are sight fornications of the eyes on some of the characters. If you look at the art of his characters in FFX, and the 3D models, you'll find that he didn't use the Japanese/anime styled artwork as he did for FFVII. FFVII was virtually the only one Tetsuya made that did have the anime feel.

Also, I would hardly call Akihiko Yoshida a more detailed, realistic character designer, as he did do the Character designs for FFT, TO, VS, etc. They are both excellent artists.I said asian also and I think VS and FFXII are generally more detailed than any of Tetsuyas art.

twinki19863
12-12-2005, 10:44 AM
I dont know if this'll help anyone but i preordered FFXII from hmv this morning.its saying that it'll b released on the 3rd february 2006

Mirage
12-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Have fun with the japanese version. I hope you know the language.