PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Gamecube games, EVERYWHERE!

Craig
12-04-2005, 12:19 AM
Dunno if there is a topic about this, if so close mine.

So, a little while back my nephew had a catalogue for Littlewoods or something, and he pointed out that it had games for every console except the Gamecube, I thought that was wierd but didn't take any notice.

Then I'm looking at another one, called Kays, and it's the same thing.

Today I went to the mall, while I was there I went into Virgin Megastore, Game and HMV. The same thing, all of these shops stocked games for Ps2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PsP and the PC. But not Gamecube.

Anyone know anything about this? Or am I losing my mind?

Pouring Rain
12-04-2005, 12:20 AM
That's the first I've heard of it. But I'm not gonna say you're losing your mind.

Shoeberto
12-04-2005, 12:37 AM
Whereabouts in the world are you located, Craig? I've never encountered this problem here.

Craig
12-04-2005, 12:40 AM
England, Bristol.

Destai
12-04-2005, 12:55 AM
I was in tons of shops like "Gamestop","HMV", "Virginmegastores" and"GAME" last weekend and non of them had any gamecube games.This was in Dublin, biggest city in Ireland.

Craig
12-04-2005, 12:57 AM
I was in tons of shops like "Gamestop","HMV", "Virginmegastores" and"GAME" last weekend and non of them had any gamecube games.This was in Dublin, biggest city in Ireland.

Good, so I'm not imagining it.

MecaKane
12-04-2005, 02:27 AM
Maybe there are no gamecubes in europe.

ljkkjlcm9
12-04-2005, 06:49 AM
yeah I see plenty of gamecube games and stuff here in America, in fact, I still see really old games like smash bros, luigi's mansion, and all sorts of games from the entire lifespan. But the two games I see that I plan on getting, Fire Emblem and Mario Strikers, are awesome.

THE JACKEL

xtreme112
12-04-2005, 07:51 AM
It's probably due to the fact that gamecube really are dying out
Nintendo hit the nail on the head with the Nintendo 64 because it appealed to younger gamers, but younger gamers now are all buying ps2s and xboxes (if theyre smart they'll get ps2s though) and so everyone's turned the gamecube aside
Plus there are only like 2 rpg's on the whole system so it lost my vote.

Rase
12-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Must be an European thing. Here in California there's still plenty of GCN games in the stores near me.

Old Manus
12-04-2005, 09:28 AM
It's because there are no gamecube games worth buying

Yuna-Lenne
12-04-2005, 09:45 AM
I've got a gamecube myself and I notice this problem. Though game never proves a problem, i never see gc games in places like HMV and VM. But there arent many good ones out anyway, except Zelda, which i havnt really played since i got in to final fantasy. I mean, look at the gc ff, cc, that was one of the worst games ive ever played from one of the best series ive ever played. I think nintendo have lost it when it comes to games, tbh, though I look forward to the new Zelda :D

BatChao
12-04-2005, 10:27 AM
It's pretty common practice for a store to leave the least shelf space for GCN because they usually sell the least. Now that the next generation is approaching, I guess some stores are starting to phase out the GCN all together...

Mirage
12-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Only one shop in the nearby town has GC games, it's a shame.

Aphelion
12-04-2005, 01:26 PM
I can't say I've seen many Game Cube games, but at the most famous Brazilian online stores, they're not hard to come across. There's not much variety, though, but they're not completely absent.

Endless
12-04-2005, 04:01 PM
All the stores around have GC games. Must be a UK thing :p

Lindy
12-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Gamestation still carries a large stock of Gamecube games, and Computer Exchange to a lesser extent.

Failing that, buy online.

I have two local GAME stores, they still have small GCN libraries despite being large stores, but the GAME up in Victoria station has absolutely nothing.

Heck, they have more space for XBox 360 games WHICH AREN'T EVEN OUT YET.

Crossblades
12-05-2005, 02:40 PM

That's because you never bother try any. Don't knock it till you try it

Markus. D
12-05-2005, 02:48 PM

is there a topic even minutely likeable to you?

back on topic: there still in australia.

Deaths_Hand
12-05-2005, 03:09 PM
we have as many gamecube games as other consoles at the Sears i work at

edczxcvbnm
12-05-2005, 03:40 PM
This is an UK problem only. A lot of retailors over the past few years have been slowly reducing any cube stock and then eventually elimination. It just doesn't sell well at all in the UK and thus takes up valuable retail space in stores.

Fireblade13
12-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Why must the good die from lack of youth!

Zovak the Everchanging
12-06-2005, 02:40 PM
I got a cheap 2nd hand gamecube a month or so back- I cant find any games anywhere! I only use it to borrow my mates games now... in fact I think the only games I have that are my own are the zelda ones... tis a shame, but then theres always ebay and amazon if I really want something

oh- and I'm also living in England, so its definitely our problem

Reine
12-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Im hapy with the Cube games I have, I got most of the good ones available here in NZ, like Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia

Old Manus
12-06-2005, 04:11 PM
That's because you never bother try any. Don't knock it till you try it
If I've played one Mario game, I've played them all (all 50,000 of them)

ljkkjlcm9
12-06-2005, 05:44 PM
fine then, if you've played one Final Fantasy game, you've played them all, if you've played one Halo game, or any first person shooter for that matter, you've played them all.

Mario changes a lot so don't even try saying they're all identical, and the things that don't change, are the things that make Mario so much fun and people want more. It's rare a new type of game comes out nowadays, and if you don't think any Mario game on the Revolution will be different, you're sadly mistaken.

THE JACKEL

escobert
12-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Calm down. Old Manus love you and mario with alol his heart. Pleased on't shoot yourself. Or maybe you should since you can't play yout GC games anymore! :D

Vyk
12-06-2005, 06:29 PM
I'll agree with Old but I won't start a riot. The things that don't change about Mario are the reasons I quit playing. But if people like that, super to them, 'cause they're deffinitely getting what they want. I can't say I'm sorry for the GameCube. I own one. I have a few games. The only games worth playing on the system, to me, are multi-platform games. Games I could get on X-Box with better graphics and load times. I have Zelda, Mario, Metroid, all the ringers that I just can't stand. Yet the best GameCube game in my collection by far is Beyond Good and Evil. Something I could get on any system. There's a reason companies aren't backing the GameCube - People won't buy games for it. And there's a reason people won't buy games for it :/

Old Manus
12-06-2005, 09:30 PM
...Let's take a look at the Full Gamecube list of games

Mario 1-500
Mario Kart 1-500
Mario Golf
Mario Football
Mario Accountant
Mario Mario
Gran Turismario
Grand Theft Mario
A Mario Fantasy X
Hitmario: Contracts
The Simarios
Shadow Of the Mario
Sonic Mario
Capcom vs Nintendo (mario)
Mario Fighter
Def Mario Vendetta
Die Mario, Hard
Mario Wars: Battlefront
Tekkmario 5
WWE Smackdown! vs Mario
Harry Mario
Burnmario: Revenge
Resident Mario
Pro Evolution Mario
Mario of Persia
Need for Mario: Most Wanted
True Mario: Streets of Marioland
Ratchet and Mario
Medal of Mario
Crash Mariocoot
Tiger's Mario PGA Tour
FIFARIO 06

It made me lol

Endless
12-06-2005, 09:48 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GameCube_games

Crossblades
12-06-2005, 11:24 PM

Then play other games by Nintendo. They don't just make Mario games ya know. Play 3rd party games like tales of Symphonia, Fire Emblem, Wind Waker, etc. as well

Vyk
12-07-2005, 12:08 AM
I played all those :/

Winter Nights
12-07-2005, 12:25 AM
All the stores around have GC games. Must be a UK thing :p
Ditto.

Rase
12-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Why does it matter why someone doesn't want to play the Gamecube? If they don't want to, they shouldn't. There's no point in trying to convince someone into doing something they're set against, no matter what their reason is, be it games, support, design, or whatever.

Craig
12-07-2005, 12:36 AM
I didn't know the Gamecube was doing so badly before this thread.

Rase
12-07-2005, 12:46 AM
Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!
http://www.yojoe.com/cartoons/images/knowing.jpg

Winter Nights
12-07-2005, 12:50 AM
I didn't know the Gamecube was doing so badly before this thread.
It's not, point in fact. It just doesn't have the audience that Sony and Microsoft have.

Destai
12-07-2005, 01:09 AM
Last I heard it was kicking ass in japan for what thats worth.

escobert
12-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Yeah but, they got nuked therefore they are all mutants. and they don't count :D

Vyk
12-07-2005, 01:32 AM
Aww, that's horrible :P