PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Cross

crashNUMBERS
12-04-2005, 03:39 PM
I have questions

Is this game rare??
Is it as good as hype say?? (Gamespot: 10.0; IGN: 9.8)
How uch did you get it for??

I ak because I really wanna get this game because of what everyone's ssaying about it. So let you're opinions out and gimme your score out of 10.0...

raskerino
12-04-2005, 04:33 PM
I got it for around $15 and it was an absolutely amazing game.

Storyline is deep complicated and absolutely wonderful. It starts simple but there are so many amazingly done layers to every bit. 10/10

Characters are many and a lot of them go undeveloped. However the feel given by each adds so much to the game and I found myself liking most of the characters a lot. This game has a truly wonderful feel and the characters add to that. There are some fully developed characters. 8/10

Gameplay is innovative with different parts of the system relying on eachother in an interesting enjoyable way. I really liked it but it wasn't something special. It's a good turnbased rpg with very customizable characters. You choose there spells, each characters have unique techs and an element whcih makes them weak and strong against other elements. The game isn't very difficult but the gamplay is highly enjoyable. 8/10

Graphics to this game are about the quality of FFVIII (there are waves in an early scene that I swear are exactly the same as th ones in the FFVIII opening) but are much more light hearted. They're well done and fit the game perfectly. When the graphics need to give a darker feel they do that well. 9/10

Replay is excellent, you must replay at least twice to get all the characters and their are 4 endings (I think), as well as a new game+ feature. Replaying also lets you see the amazingly complicated and wonderful story again. 10/10

Overall this game had an absolutely amazing storyline and was strong in all other categories for me as well, I hugely recommend this game but if you haven't you should play chrono trigger first.

9.2/10 (not an average)

Hope this helps.

crashNUMBERS
12-04-2005, 04:45 PM
I have played Chrono Trigger

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-04-2005, 09:24 PM
I got it for around $15 and it was an absolutely amazing game.

Storyline is deep complicated and absolutely wonderful. It starts simple but there are so many amazingly done layers to every bit. 10/10

Characters are many and a lot of them go undeveloped. However the feel given by each adds so much to the game and I found myself liking most of the characters a lot. This game has a truly wonderful feel and the characters add to that. There are some fully developed characters. 8/10

Gameplay is innovative with different parts of the system relying on eachother in an interesting enjoyable way. I really liked it but it wasn't something special. It's a good turnbased rpg with very customizable characters. You choose there spells, each characters have unique techs and an element whcih makes them weak and strong against other elements. The game isn't very difficult but the gamplay is highly enjoyable. 8/10

Graphics to this game are about the quality of FFVIII (there are waves in an early scene that I swear are exactly the same as th ones in the FFVIII opening) but are much more light hearted. They're well done and fit the game perfectly. When the graphics need to give a darker feel they do that well. 9/10

Replay is excellent, you must replay at least twice to get all the characters and their are 4 endings (I think), as well as a new game+ feature. Replaying also lets you see the amazingly complicated and wonderful story again. 10/10

Overall this game had an absolutely amazing storyline and was strong in all other categories for me as well, I hugely recommend this game but if you haven't you should play chrono trigger first.

9.2/10 (not an average)

Hope this helps.

I couldnt have said it better myself. This is certainly worth getting. Try ebay or amazon.com
The only thing that might make you like this game less, is that there is a low level of character personality in the characters themeselves, but, to give them some credit, there are a lot of characters to choose from.

Black Angel
12-05-2005, 12:16 AM
I give it a 9.5 outta 10 and I got it for like............$20? I think it was $15 but I'm not sure...

raskerino
12-05-2005, 12:35 AM
If you think it deserves 9.5 already you're going to be stunned when the plot uhh... how to say it without spoiling anything... don't read the below spoiler

you go in the Sea of Eden and find FATE, an amazingly well done enemy

Skarr
12-05-2005, 12:57 AM
It's a game worth getting. It's one of the PSX's last great rpg's before the PS2 was launched. The price tag ain't too bad either, for $15-20 bucks, its worth it. Some really nice characters too.

crashNUMBERS
12-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Damn. I might have to get it off ebay though. There aren't many PSX selling stores out. Although WallMart can be a good start...

Black Angel
12-05-2005, 01:21 PM
I got mine from Rhinos'...I get all my stuff there...

Dreddz
12-05-2005, 05:53 PM
This game never arived in Uk, so I had to import, the postage and packaging costed more than the smurfing game !
Good, not amazing......

edczxcvbnm
12-05-2005, 06:26 PM
I give the game a 10/10. I bought the game on release for $40.

Lets see here...review...to start off the graphics are very well done all around and are on par with FFIX. The music is stunning...as you would expect from Mitsuda. The story is complex and intriguing. You can get up to fourty characters to use in battle...but more than half go undeveloped for the most part. Many of them do serve a key role to the plot but you don't really get to know them. Having said that it should be appearant this is a story about the events rather than the characters. The battle system is also pretty unique compared to most. Not to say it is original but it does things that separate it from the rest.

crashNUMBERS
12-05-2005, 09:04 PM
You're worse then Gibbz when it comes to reviews. Though he is getting better...

Germ Hamee
12-05-2005, 10:03 PM
It is, in my opinion, one of the best RPGs released, certainly beating anything I've seen on any of the current-gen consoles. Definitely pick it up when you can find it, though I would recommend aquainting yourself with Chrono Trigger first -- if you haven't already. Cross doesn't tie into it directly, but it will greatly increase your enjoyment of certain plot points.

edczxcvbnm
12-05-2005, 10:11 PM
You're worse then Gibbz when it comes to reviews. Though he is getting better...

Are you talking to me?

XxSephirothxX
12-05-2005, 10:46 PM
I don't think it's especially rare, but it's a fantastic game. If you see it, buy it. Maybe not as classic as Chrono Trigger, but definitely fantastic. It's got a better story, at the very least.

crashNUMBERS
12-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Are you talking to me?
You better believe it...

raskerino
12-06-2005, 12:18 AM
As you can see Chrono Cross is generally considered a good game or an excellent game. It is frequently compared to CT to it's disadvantage but I think it's reasonably superior and much, much more complex. If you want a complicated wonderful storyline with a light hearted, fun feel to the game and characters that have a sense more of realism in the way they talk then in most games as well as a good customizable, turnbased system this game is perfect for you. On the other hand as it'a perfect game it should be perfect for everyone... I'm just trying to give a sense here of what the main features of the game are.

And add in replay.

Chibi Youkai
12-06-2005, 01:27 AM
It actually takes at least three times through to get all the characters. It really is a very good game, and it's engrossing, especially if you take the time to do all the little sidequests. I'd definately give it at least a 9.5. The stories really good, and although i thought there were too many characters, it still didn't cause too many problems.

Tempest
12-06-2005, 01:49 AM
Hey, I'm new. Hello everyone.
Anyways, yes Chrono Cross is an excellent game. A lot of the characters are underdeveloped since there are 40+ characters. Other then that it is a fun and beautiful game. You should get it.

crashNUMBERS
12-06-2005, 02:14 AM
Thank you for that brief summary which was actually pretty good...

edczxcvbnm
12-06-2005, 04:05 AM
You better believe it...

Your a dumbass. That was far from a review. That is what I would call a synopsis. 1 paragraph != review.

crashNUMBERS
12-06-2005, 12:50 PM
You sound horny and pissed at the same time...

edczxcvbnm
12-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Not so much pissed as just aggravated. But how could I not be turned on all the time?

Dreddz
12-07-2005, 10:33 PM
http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/5105/xbass7on.jpg
Do you want to feel this fish on the back of your head crash ???

crashNUMBERS
12-08-2005, 01:10 AM
XD I only speak the truth. L ol...

Dreddz
12-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Well, if you want the truth, dont get this load of crap and get Xenogears, thats the truth my good man .....

crashNUMBERS
12-08-2005, 08:58 PM
K then. What would YOU give it out of ten??

Destai
12-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Arent you the one who rated FFIV highly on its graphics? Which werent particularly impressive in Snes times either.

Dreddz
12-09-2005, 11:40 PM
K then. What would YOU give it out of ten??
8.3.......Xenogears get a 10 though ....

crashNUMBERS
12-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Arent you the one who rated FFIV highly on its graphics? Which werent particularly impressive in Snes times either.
That's because it was MY matter of opinion. And before I hear a dumb remark, you can't really say Gibbz reviews are his opinions. They are but the way they're done has NOTHING to do with opinions...

Dreddz
12-10-2005, 12:09 AM
My review of such and such was my opinion..........well thats what I thought...

crashNUMBERS
12-10-2005, 12:15 AM
It was your opinion but the way you said it wasn't. It's not possible to state your opinion on the way you do your review...

Destai
12-10-2005, 12:41 AM
That's because it was MY matter of opinion. And before I hear a dumb remark, you can't really say Gibbz reviews are his opinions. They are but the way they're done has NOTHING to do with opinions...
If its what he thinks its his opinion. If hes saying what he thinks of the game, then yeah, its his opinion.

crashNUMBERS
12-10-2005, 12:43 AM
But you can't specify your opinion on the way you write a review. You can say it on a review, not the way you write it...

Destai
12-10-2005, 12:45 AM
But you can't specify your opinion on the way you write a review. You can say it on a review, not the way you write it...
Try giving examples so I have a clue what you;re trying to tell me.

crashNUMBERS
12-10-2005, 12:57 AM
What Im trying to say is that

You cant really specify your opinion on how you write a review

Say I write a short review on brief and basics of the game. I can't say my opinion on how I write a review but I can say my opinion on my review itself...

Rostum
12-10-2005, 02:03 AM
What Im trying to say is that

You cant really specify your opinion on how you write a review

Say I write a short review on brief and basics of the game. I can't say my opinion on how I write a review but I can say my opinion on my review itself...

Try rephrasing it, it makes no sense. -_-;

Chibi Youkai
12-10-2005, 05:58 AM
I think this is somewhat off topic...

edczxcvbnm
12-10-2005, 09:38 AM
So Crash...You are saying opinion has no place in a review and that it has to be objective? That is what I got out of it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-10-2005, 10:35 AM
Crash this is just an idea but maybe you should stop talking crap before I ban you forever.