PDA

View Full Version : Lacuna Coil

Captain Maxx Power
12-05-2005, 01:18 AM
Lacuna Coil are the band that Evanescence almost did a reverse plagerisation upon. Does anyone like them? I personally think they're awesome, and not just because of Cristina. The entire band rules. It may be Pop-based Goth rock, but it catches my ear quite nicely. Comments?

Dolentrean
12-05-2005, 01:25 AM
I like some lacuna coil, hevens a lie is a good song.

Rye
12-05-2005, 01:26 AM
Evanescence did not copy Lacuna Coil or Nightwish, they were formed at different times, have different music, come from different countries, and basically do not sound alike. Oh, and Evanescence is not my favourite band anymore and is very much "Eh" to me, except for a few songs nowadays, so I'm not blinded by bias or anything like that.

I like Lacuna Coil. I like Cristina's voice, it's pretty. They're not great, but they're nice. :) Stars, 1:19 and Senzafide are my favourites by them.

Captain Maxx Power
12-05-2005, 01:31 AM
When I say reverse plagerisation, I refer to the fact that rather that most people accusing Evanescence of sound like LC, instead LC would be accused of sounding like EV. Neither of these are of course the case.

Dolentrean
12-05-2005, 01:38 AM
Well Nightwish is better than either of them... I don’t know what that has to do with anything but Rye mentioned Nightwish...

Rye
12-05-2005, 01:38 AM
Ooooh! Okay then, sorry. xD I almost always have to say that in every Ev/Nightwish/Lacuna Coil thread.

I love Nightwish too. I just mentioned them because Ev is often accused of copying Nightwish as well.

Dolentrean
12-05-2005, 01:42 AM
True, even though the singer from nightwish comes from opera and dosent sound like evenesance. People still accuse them of copying because people can not distinguish between two different sides a music genra.

KoShiatar
12-05-2005, 09:35 PM
I love Lacuna Coil and I'm proud they're Italian. Also, they've been around for much longer than Evanescence. Their first record is from 1999, I believe.

Crushed Hope
12-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Eh, they are decent Gothic metal. I really wish they'd have their male vocalist take charge of lead vocals, as I feel he is leagues above Christina.

Comalies is one of the worst CD's I have heard though, everything before that is good though, not amazing but good enough.

Pure Strife
12-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Their music is purdy.