PDA

View Full Version : 10 Questions on the FFX-2 Story

Renmiri
12-05-2005, 01:44 AM
Those are just questions that annoy me because I can't think of an answer. Some don't even have an answer. Don't you have some of those too ?

These are mine... What are yours ?

1) Why doesn't Wakka name his kid Chappu ?
After all the fuss about finding his parents sphere, then getting a sphere w/ Chappu confessing he lied Wakka turns and gives his baby a name out of nowhere ? Did I miss something in the japanese translation?

2) What is it with that Gunner's Gauntlet bloke - Beclem ?
He is terribly rude in chapter 2, a pain in chapter 3 and insults Wakka in chapter 4. Are we supposed to like him in chapter 5 because he is good at blitz ?

3) Brother likes Yuna's back ??!?!
He spends the whole game pinning for Yuna only to tell barkeep he just likes to look at her ?

4) What's up with Isaaru ?
He was the ultimate gooody-goody 2 shoes in FFX then turns into a lame prankster in chapter 1, then gets chastised by his brother for being too old fashioned ? Something in that character doesn't "click"!

5) Who will end up with Nooj ?
Paine or Leblanc ? Methinks Paine... Or will Paine end up with Gippal ?

6) Were Ormi and Logos the "muscle" who counted the dead in the Crimson spheres ?
Sounds like their voice

7) Who / what is Tobli ?
A kid with a weird mask ? A dwarf ? Another weird Spira race ? A hobbit ?

8) Where was Lenne all this years ? Why didn't she join Shuyin in the Farplane ?
Spira's dead go to the Farplane or turn into fiends. Some can stay as ghosts but Lenne didn't and I imagine the fayth are a 4th possibility. Was Lenne one of Zanarkand's fayths ? Was she trapped in Yuna's dressphere for 1,000 years ?!?!?

9) Where did Lenne and Shuyin go when they went "home" ?
Shouldn't they just have stayed in the Farplane ?

10) Do people in Spira ever hear about the danger they were under (Vegnagun) ?
The final scene at Luca's Stadium seems to talk more of uniting the groups and about stopping the fighting. Did the audience know they just escaped from another catasthrophe ?

raskerino
12-05-2005, 02:37 AM
1) He names his kid something he gets to choose, it's his first decision as a father which is what the whole besaid story is about. Chappu would probably be a painful name to say the least.

2) Ummmm... I didn't like him, he gives something back at the end which is supposed to redeem him somewhat but I couldn't stand him personally. I guess we can leave it by saying X-2 is a shallow game.

3) Sure.

4) He's not a lame prankster (or at least they tried not to make him one, form your own opinion), he tries to make Zanarkand succeed as an amusement place and then stays there because as a goody 2 shoes the journey was what truly mattered to him and this is the one place hwere that importance has meaning.

5) Leblanc would whine way too loudly if she didn't and there was never anything romantic (seen in game) between him and Paine. Oh and Paine wouldn't end up with Gippal, the closest thing to that is it's hinted that he and Rikku were once together.

6) I very much think so. Also Leblanc and them ended up where Seymour was, he was the one who give Baralai a job at one point, possible connections here.

7) Something wierd.

8) I must say the story was pretty weak... I may come back and respond but I don't feel like typing much now.

9) They "faded together," their story is done and they're together in oblivion or some other cliched word such as happiness or eternal peace.

10) No, or it would have hinted at it (it's possible). But to the people divided factions was a much more immediate problem and the only one they knew about.

Hope this helps a little but someone else has probably made a better post by now.

Renmiri
12-05-2005, 03:32 AM
Hope this helps a little but someone else has probably made a better post by now.
Yes it does, thanks! Those questions were like an itch you can't scratch. Irrelevant but sooo annoying!

But what about your questions ? Don't you have those nagging litlle questions about some of the stuff on FFX2 too (or any game for that matter) ?

Stuff that you don't need to get the general story arch, to get good acessories or % points but that keep on coming up in your mind regardless...

Ask away... I'll try to come up with an aswer or at least join you on your rant about the weirdeness of that detail in the game...

boys from the dwarf
12-05-2005, 07:54 AM
this is FFX-2 so dont expect much sense out of it.

Christmas
12-05-2005, 11:34 AM
After all the fuss about finding his parents sphere, then getting a sphere w/ Chappu confessing he lied Wakka turns and gives his baby a name out of nowhere ? Did I miss something in the japanese translation?

Vidina mean Future in Al bhed.

He is terribly rude in chapter 2, a pain in chapter 3 and insults Wakka in chapter 4. Are we supposed to like him in chapter 5 because he is good at blitz ?

It is your personal preferences.

He is contented to just seeing her from far away/from her back.

He spends the whole game pinning for Yuna only to tell barkeep he just likes to look at her ?

He know he dun stand a chance.

He was the ultimate gooody-goody 2 shoes in FFX then turns into a lame prankster in chapter 1, then gets chastised by his brother for being too old fashioned ? Something in that character doesn't "click"!

Go look at Yuna then.

This is debatable and not much to say about it.

6) Were Ormi and Logos the "muscle" who counted the dead in the Crimson spheres ?
Sounds like their voice

EDIT- ya....

7) Who / what is Tobli ?

Description - Producer of many a show throughout Spira. Frequently defying the laws of linguistics,

And besides, a lot of people in Spira look unique and special like Tobli.

8) Where was Lenne all this years ? Why didn't she join Shuyin in the Farplane ?

Shuyin isn't in the faplane to begin with.

Spira's dead go to the Farplane or turn into fiends. Some can stay as ghosts but Lenne didn't and I imagine the fayth are a 4th possibility. Was Lenne one of Zanarkand's fayths ? Was she trapped in Yuna's dressphere for 1,000 years ?!?!?

Spheres are crystalized Spirit Energy(Pyrefiles) as such. Pyrefiles contribute to the existence of Unsent.
So most likely Lenne’s soul crystallized to form the Dressphere.

Also, Lenne "came" out of Yuna when she is in her songstress dressphere during the ending and there is an image of her shown in the 1000 words concert. Note that Lenne's image replaced Yuna's in the Japanese Version.

Fayth: Shuyin? Just a shadow. It may look like him, but the real Shuyin died
long ago. Even after a thousand years, his hate and misery linger on. His
feelings grew so strong, they began to act on their own... Eventually, they
became a shadow-a shade that wants only to vanish, but cannot.

Rikku: Shuyin is no ordinary unsent!

Paine: Seems that way. When he died a thousand years ago, his feelings became
intertwined with the pyreflies, creating this...apparition.

Yuna: He's like a dream...or a nightmare.

All Unsents go to the Farplane even if Shuyin is more than an unsent as stated, but he and Lenne will go to the Farplane since he can finally let it go in the end.

The final scene at Luca's Stadium seems to talk more of uniting the groups and about stopping the fighting. Did the audience know they just escaped from another catasthrophe ?

Most probably, no.

Markus. D
12-05-2005, 02:40 PM

a- have you ever been burdened with haveing to name a child?

a- always hate him, muahahaha

a-???

a- he's just human.

a- Leblanc is already Nooj's lover.

Sounds like their voice

a- yep

7) Who / what is Tobli ?

a-eccentric human or hypello *shrugs*

a- once she died in the summoning war her thoughts were sustained in a sphere

a- Zanarkand is there home... so... there I guess.

a- the only catastrophy they knew about was the three factions and there differances.

Light Mage
12-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Tobli is of the same ethnicity as the guy who tells you about how to play Spherebreak, they're just short people.

Was Maechen the original Black Mage who recorded the video that becomes the Black Mage Dressphere? I'm fairly certain he is/was, but it dosn't actually say that anywhere through the game...

Little Blue
12-05-2005, 07:39 PM
I've always had a gruding respect for him, i didnt like him in Chp 2, but after that, he seemed to become a decent person...ish

It shows that he finally accepts that yuna may never like him in the way he does, and perhaps a sign of long awaited (and short lasted) emotional maturity on his part.

Sounds like their voice
it does sound like them yes

7) Who / what is Tobli ?
He is possibly another race as there are at least two known like him in X-2 and i think i remember a few from X, but perhapshe's just another human

Yes, the dead do go to the farplane if they're sent of if they accept their death.
Yes we can stay as unsent, or "Ghosts", but no, i believe Lenne died in bevelle and could never become a fayth for the Dream.
As statd earlier, yes she was.

the farplane is their home now that they both accept their death

Also as stated earlier, this is unlikely, but by a similar token, who told spira of Yevons lies after X ended?

Was Maechen the original Black Mage who recorded the video that becomes the Black Mage Dressphere? I'm fairly certain he is/was, but it dosn't actually say that anywhere through the game...
It sounds like him, and im of the opinion that it was, especially since he does say that he shook lennes hand in the Ep Com for Zanarkand

I also have a question of my own:
We see that shuyin is trapped in a cage in bevelle pinning after Lenne. Is this before they were both shot in vegnaguns chamber which would require his escape from said cage, or was they both shot in the chamber and yet survived, shuyin gets filmed, and are then executed at some later date? If the latter is the case, could lenne have died from the shot causing this to be when they fade (Shuyin unconscious and Lenne dead)?

Renmiri
12-05-2005, 09:03 PM
a- have you ever been burdened with haveing to name a child?.
3 as a matter of fact. My little boy and my 2 girls. It wasn't that hard... You have 9 months to do it!

Markus. D
12-06-2005, 12:43 AM
oh well.... maybey Wakka is just a dumb head....

Venom
12-06-2005, 01:18 AM
Juggling chainsaws is never a smart thing to do.

Renmiri
12-06-2005, 06:20 AM
Also as stated earlier, this is unlikely, but by a similar token, who told spira of Yevons lies after X ended?
I assume that lots of rumors and even some of the truth spread out at the end of FFX with the temples being in disarray and all 4 Maesters dead (Kelk Ronso, Kinoc, Mikka and Seymour) people were bound to talk and wonder... And all that talk about Yuna being traitor, assassin and then good again probably had everyone a bit suspicious of Yevon's church and Maesters, which may have helped the truth to come out

We see that shuyin is trapped in a cage in bevelle pinning after Lenne. Is this before they were both shot in vegnaguns chamber which would require his escape from said cage, or was they both shot in the chamber and yet survived, shuyin gets filmed, and are then executed at some later date? If the latter is the case, could lenne have died from the shot causing this to be when they fade (Shuyin unconscious and Lenne dead)?
Thanks for your answers!

In the cage Shuyin still wanted to see Lenne, i.e. he didn't know she was dead. I believe this happened before he and Lenne were cornered. Shuyin says they faded together but when he woke up as an unsent she wasn't there, which indicates she was with him when he died. Maechen says Shuyin did manage to save Lenne from the war but then they got killed. Which would also indicate the scene with Lenne is after the cage scene. Somehow Shuyin escaped, saved Lenne and ended up being captured again and shot while holding Lenne in his arms (soo romantic!)

I believe Lenne survived, that would explain she not joining Shuyin when he died. Then somehow she got trapped somewhere - on the Songstress Dressphere ? - and could not join Shuin for 1,000 years, not until Yuna released her on FFX2.

Christmas
12-06-2005, 10:52 AM

He survived after they were shot and was locked away. He soon passed away due to depression and hatred.

Shuyin
"No, I'm not sorry! I haven't done anything wrong!"
"I know you are listening, if she was your girl, what will you do?"
"How can you blame me for trying to use your weapon, it was the only way I could save the summoner!"
"What will you do if you were me?"
"Let me out!!"
"I want to see her!"

I believe Lenne survived, that would explain she not joining Shuyin when he died. Then somehow she got trapped somewhere - on the Songstress Dressphere ? - and could not join Shuin for 1,000 years, not until Yuna released her on FFX2.

Leene's died and her soul crystallized into a dressphere. If she too survived, she will have been locked up like Shuyin.

rikkupainegoofydonald
12-06-2005, 10:56 AM
FFX2 Another Questions from me

1) Are Ronsos wrong at English? (e.x.: Kimahri save Yuna, Leblanc love me.)

2) Why were Shuyin and Lenne killed by fallen warrior monk soldiers with Sin of Bevelle and became Pyreflies in Farplane and Bevelle when Lenne was seeing Shuyin above Vegnagun?

3) Are Hypellos wrong at English? (e.x.: Mishter Auron, Mish Yuna, Shave ush. Can you sh!t down? Yoo sherve ush.)

4) Is Brother a prankster of Paine and Rin?

5) Did Tidus disappear?

6) Was Tobli crazy, bananas and nuts?

7) What's wrong with Leblanc?

8) Vegnagun came after Sin?

9) Did Tidus disappear after Yuna defeated Sin?

10) Did Aeon chamber have holes after defeat of Sin?

Christmas
12-06-2005, 11:42 AM
FFX2 Another Questions from me

1) Are Ronsos wrong at English? (e.x.: Kimahri save Yuna, Leblanc love me.)

At least it is understandable.

2) Why were Shuyin and Lenne killed by fallen warrior monk soldiers with Sin of Bevelle and became Pyreflies in Farplane and Bevelle when Lenne was seeing Shuyin above Vegnagun?

Shuyin and Lenne was shot in Bevelle.
Leene died and Shuyin was locked away until later he died too.
They did not became pyrefiles in farplane.
Leene's soul crystallized into the songtress dressphere.
Shuyin's soul was trapped in the Den of Woe and his hatred grew.
He possessed Nooj when they came along.
He soon switched to Baralai during the game and controlled Vegnagun.
The rest is clear.

3) Are Hypellos wrong at English? (e.x.: Mishter Auron, Mish Yuna, Shave ush. Can you sh!t down? Yoo sherve ush.)

What's wrong by having a different accent?

4) Is Brother a prankster of Paine and Rin?

That depend on how you look at it.

5) Did Tidus disappear?

Yes in some aspects. He faded away into the farplane.

6) Was Tobli crazy, bananas and nuts?

He is sane.

7) What's wrong with Leblanc?

What do you see the wrongs in her then?

8) Vegnagun came after Sin?

Vegnagun was created before Sin but was only used during the events of FF X-2

9) Did Tidus disappear after Yuna defeated Sin?

Yes.

10) Did Aeon chamber have holes after defeat of Sin?

No. It happen during the events of FF X-2.

Renmiri
12-06-2005, 01:52 PM
He survived after they were shot and was locked away. He soon passed away due to depression and hatred.
But then why he tells Yuna (first time they meet on the Farplane, he thinks she is Lenne) that they dissapeared together ?
Shuyin: It is me, Shuyin. I've waited so long, Lenne.
Yuna: But I'm not Lenne.
Shuyin: Lenne. We disappeared together, but when I awoke, I was alone. I looked for you for so long. While I wandered, I realized something....

Leene's died and her soul crystallized into a dressphere. If she too survived, she will have been locked up like Shuyin.
Sounds true

Shuyin and Lenne was shot in Bevelle.
Leene died and Shuyin was locked away until later he died too.
They did not became pyrefiles in farplane.
Leene's soul crystallized into the songtress dressphere.
Shuyin's soul was trapped in the Den of Woe and his hatred grew.
He possessed Nooj when they came along.
He soon switched to Baralai during the game and controlled Vegnagun.
The rest is clear.
Hmmm.. Makes a lot of sense. I guess we could read Shuyin's words We disappeared together, but when I awoke, I was alone. in a way that when he awoke in the GAOL jail he was alone...

Christmas
12-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Anyway, if you are writing fanfictions, then I dun think you have to spend so much attentions on this. Some Fanfic I read in Fanfiction.net truly contradict with the game plot but I enjoyed reading them.

I remember there was one which said Dream Zanarkand is actually the FF VIII world and Esthar is part of Dream Zanarkand. And guess what, Tidus is Laguna's nephew.

Renmiri
12-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Anyway, if you are writing fanfictions, then I dun think you have to spend so much attentions on this. Some Fanfic I read in Fanfiction.net truly contradict with the game plot but I enjoyed reading them.

I remember there was one which said Dream Zanarkand is actually the FF VIII world and Esthar is part of Dream Zanarkand. And guess what, Tidus is Laguna's nephew.
Yeah, I know, there is no limits to creativity in Fan Fic.

But in my Fan Fic I'm trying to stay consistent. It is kind of a challenge!
You and others here are helping me a lot!:greenie:

Tabris
12-06-2005, 05:00 PM
When it comes to the Ronso, I think they are portrayed more or less like our romantic vision of the North-american indian tribes. I think this is most obvious in X-2.

They speak like the indians do in the movies, they have these short "frases of wisdom", they are organized as a tribe, talk of "elders", keep their mountain holy etc.

Light Mage
12-06-2005, 05:38 PM
So the Ronso are a urine-extracting parody?

Figures.

Renmiri
12-11-2005, 07:39 PM
So the Ronso are a urine-extracting parody?

Figures.
Huh ?
Ewwwwww!!!

Watch it, I have native american blood...
The Ronso sound like Indians in a bad Italian Western... Or Klingons! And the Hypello a bit Jar Jar Binks to me.

But hey, the little guys are funny and the Ronso look so cool and strong!

Rand Al'Tor
12-12-2005, 12:20 AM

I think the whole idea is that Wakka wants to make a clear message that he isn't going to 'get stuck' in the past. Giving his child a new name gives it a 'fresh start'. Pretty much agreeing with the theme of the game.

Like him? Nah, probably not. But he has reasons for being unkind to Yuna and Wakka. He's a Crusader, he hoped that, with Sin gone, life would change radically. He was a friend of Chappu, and hoped he could be friends with Wakka as well, especially since Wakka is one of the people who helped expose the temples. Likely, Wakka was the REASON he came to Besaid. Finding out that Wakka didn't share his ideals is a tough blow. Regarding Yuna, I'd imagine, after a life of forcibly showing respect to priests and Summonners, he has a 'Right, that... never again!' Beckem is one who wants to discard the past TOO much, as opposed to Wakka, who has trouble letting go of it. Personally, I think it's a pretty touching and interesting part of the game.

Also, in Beckem's 'Slackers to the end' I seem to see some slight, melancholic liking for Besaid. In another place, he'd be the stern but likeable Drill Sergeant. But he just doesn't fit in with the laid back life of Besaid.

Everything he based his life on ended up being exposed as a lie. The noble sacrifice he planned to make would just further the circle. His position in society doesn't mean much anymore. Still, he holds onto the link to what made him a summonner. Zanarkand. He wanted to keep the past visible for everyone (except in doing that, hedisrespected the past) His brother on the other hand discarded everything about the past. He's in the Youth League, working AGAINST the temple he once served. From his position, Isaaru just 'isn't with the modern times. (again with the theme)

His clown act? IIRC, he does it only once, and it fits with what is done to the memory of Zanarkand in general. While trying to spread the memory of Zanarkand and all the Summonners there, he cheapens it all, including himself.
[/QUOTE]

Renmiri
12-12-2005, 01:07 AM
I think the whole idea is that Wakka wants to make a clear message that he isn't going to 'get stuck' in the past...
Beckem is one who wants to discard the past TOO much...

Also, in Beckem's 'Slackers to the end' I seem to see some slight, melancholic liking for Besaid. In another place, he'd be the stern but likeable Drill Sergeant....

Isaaru... While trying to spread the memory of Zanarkand and all the Summonners there, he cheapens it all, including himself.

Wow, great insights about all 3 ! You should write fan fiction!!!

Or read mine where I created some reasons for Beclem's weirdeness... :D Mostly the likable drill Sargent and the anger at summoners you mentioned (great minds think alike!) but I had also made him have a particular chip on his shoulder for Yuna.. I missed the hopes he had for Wakka though. Good catch!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2684101/1/
--- Beclem's personal Hell
Seeing his face flush with a deep anger Rikku asked puzzled:
- "What are you talking about ? What is this about me and Yunie ? Why do you hate us ?"
- "It is about what you two did at Operation Mi'hen" he says angrily
- "Huh ? I was nowhere near Operation Mi'hen !" Rikku says baffled
- "Yuna was there! Where were you at the time ? Weren't you with her ?" Beclem asks surprised. That changes things, he thought. He had been cursing himself for his weakness, for his actions last night's that betrayed the memory of his dead comrades, but if Rikku wasn't involved there was no betrayal.
- "No I wasn't, I was diving around Bikanel Island. I only joined Yunie's pilgrimage later. Why ? What happened at the operation ?" Rikku asks, interrupting Beclem's thoughts
- "My entire squadron got decimated and your precious Yuna didn't lift a finger to help, that's what happened" Beclem said bitterly
- "That doesn't sound like the Yunie I know… Just the opposite, she usually jumps right in to help anyone in need" Rikku answered
- "I was there. I saw it with my own eyes. She didn't help and she didn't even mourn the dead afterwards. She was looking at the corpses that littered the beach and laughing like a schoolgirl at a ball" Beclem said snarling, his fury at the memory filling him with a dark, deep hate...
---Don't Burn that Temple!
- "Going to help him? I won't wait much longer. It's for the safety of the village!" Beclem answered moodily.

Beclem was furious at Wakka's cavalier attitude. ! It would be so simple to burn the temple down and take the fiends with it. Praying to them never did anyone any good… There were countless fiends pouring out of the temple, attempting to make the people from Besaid part of their morning snack. Sure, he and the Aurochs could try to keep them contained but if they let even one escape some of the village's children could get hurt, or worse, killed. And Wakka was putting his life at risk, on the eve of being a father! Having spent his childhood in Bevelle's orphanage the sight of Wakka putting himself at risk, without a single thought about his wife and baby, just to save a pile of rubble, made Beclem sick to his stomach. He felt he could tear up the huge guardian with his bare hands, such was his anger at his lack of responsibility. People like that shouldn't have kids!

Renmiri
12-12-2005, 09:04 AM
On the other hand the whole ending leaves me empty witch is the problem X-2 was meant to remedy in the first hand. So I’m asking what everyone makes of this brief scene at the end of the game, and Is the more to the end in the Jap and International versions, always feel like were getting jipped a little by Square.

Ditto, after the insane ammount of sidequest to get to it just a hug and 30 seconds of dialog ?!?!?

The campsite scene was so easy to get to in FFX and so good!

Even my 7 year old said it was dissapointing. Where's the kiss ?
:love: :love: :love:

Jessweeee♪
12-17-2005, 11:00 PM
so many plot holes...

Brother is the brother of Rikku and Rikku is Yuna's cousin so that means Brother is in love with his cousin???

Markus. D
12-19-2005, 01:38 PM
I hate to point this out but a lot of stuff is still missing. X-2 was written with a lot of gaps intentionally because if everyone remembers Rikku’s Story just never happened, witch was supposed to fill in the gaps and give the story from Rikku’s POV. With this in mind One question comes to mind. I’m well aware that Tideus meets Jecht and Auron in the farplane but WTF with the 100% you see Tiedus come out of the water on to the beach in Besaid to meet Yuna. On one hand I got a big relief to see him back (kind of the same feeling I got from seeing Riona and Squall ride off into the distance after watching like 30 min cause I knew there would be something there) On the other hand the whole ending leaves me empty witch is the problem X-2 was meant to remedy in the first hand. So I’m asking what everyone makes of this brief scene at the end of the game, and Is the more to the end in the Jap and International versions, always feel like were getting jipped a little by Square.

the final mission adds onto it a little (international +last mission)

Y-Rikku-P
12-20-2005, 06:29 AM
1. Because Wakka is an irritating part of the game who should be ignored at all costs.

2. No you are supposed to up your completed level.

3. He’s another one. A sexual deviant if I am not mistaken.

4. I find that with most of the characters that they tried to move on after Yevon became New Yevon.

5. Neither

6. Yes but nothing explained about that anywhere for us.

7. Something that should be stood on.

8. A subject which can’t be explained I took it as. Can you explain being dead on Earth? Kinda like that.

9. I assumed they went to the dream Zanarkand.

10. No they are ignorant. Look at FFX where this huge creature is destroying the world but they all sit back and wait for someone to sacrifice their own life…