PDA

View Full Version : The case of the missing folder.

nik0tine
12-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Okay, so here's the deal. I took my computer into the shop a while back, and they backed up all of my files into a backup folder. In this backup folder was my old "My Documents" folder, and in this my documents folder sat a great many things such as pictures, bad poetry, and reusable essays written for school. Right now I want to use some of these files, but the "My Documents" folder has dissapeared! :eek:

Now, the backup folder and everything in it is still there. Everything except the My Documents folder that is. So now I ask you all this: What the fuck?

Endless
12-05-2005, 08:01 AM
"My Documents" is a link to a specific folder, which unless you had changed it and if you have an English version, was/is: "c:\documents and settings\your username here\My Documents\"

crono_logical
12-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Are you saying My Documents inside the backup folder is gone, or My Documents is missing elsewhere? Check you have hidden files visible, just in case. You're being vague saying everything is there, emphasising everything, but then go on to say not everything :p

nik0tine
12-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Yes, the my documents folder within the backup folder is gone. I can access my regular my documents folder just fine. Also, I have already tried making the hidden files visable. That didn't work.

Endless
12-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Check in your backup folder if there is a "documents and settings\your username here\My Documents\".

crono_logical
12-05-2005, 08:47 PM
F3, and search the contents of all your HDs to find a file you knew for certain to be in that folder (make sure it's also searching hidden and system files). If that turns up nothing, then you deleted it :monster:

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
12-07-2005, 07:33 PM
You have either deleted it or tried to cut and paste it but didnt paste it. They are really the only explanations i can think of.