PDA

View Full Version : This is your notice.

Del Snizz
12-06-2005, 10:11 AM
I have stolen Christmas.

See if you can get it back. We'll make a game of it.

Before we begin, please note that, somewhat contrary to custom, we'll be using the giant clam rules. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with them, they are as follows: Anyone may join the giant clam. If any member of the giant clam says that he or she is the giant clam, then every member of the giant clam dies.

Also keep in mind that this is not a drinking game. <i>You</i> should maintain the highest standards of sobriety at all times. The fate of Christmas is at stake.

Third, in several strategic locations, I have placed clues that will help the astute observer discover the current wheareabouts of Christmas. Their identities may not be obvious now, but they will become clearer with the passage of time. Please remember though that I do not intend to give up my new possession so easily. For the moment, I should say that perhaps each of you already has a clue: consider the way <i>you</i> write the letter 'E'. The course of your responses here may constrain the nature of my future messages (but certainly not of my past messages).

Finally, one among <i>you</i> is not playing fair. Be careful.

More to follow.

Be seeing you.

Neco Arc
12-06-2005, 10:16 AM
It is in General Chat...

boris no no
12-06-2005, 10:16 AM
*is giant clam??* @__@

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-06-2005, 10:24 AM
U writes the letter E a note. On sticky pads. Sticky. Like a sticky situation. Like the time Stephanie drove the car into the house on Full House. Full House. Now, that's a hand in poker. As in Poker in the rear. As in the caboose. Which rhymes with goose. The Spruce Goose perhaps? Yes. A plane. Or perhaps plain. As in a blank wall. There are walls in the library on 56 E. Main St. Quite a few, if I recall correctly.

That's it! He's hidden it in the walls of the library. Follow me, people!

EDIT: But before I go, I MUST ask about your signature contest. I am ever so curious.

Captain Maxx Power
12-06-2005, 10:28 AM
U writes the letter E a note. On sticky pads. Sticky. Like a sticky situation. Like the time Stephanie drove the car into the house on Full House. Full House. Now, that's a hand in poker. As in Poker in the rear. As in the caboose. Which rhymes with goose. The Spruce Goose perhaps? Yes. A plane. Or perhaps plain. As in a blank wall. There are walls in the library on 56 E. Main St. Quite a few, if I recall correctly.

...Who's got Sticky Pads?

DK
12-06-2005, 11:37 AM
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/member.php?u=19

Masamune·1600
12-06-2005, 11:48 AM
This should be interesting. I'm already enthralled.

The Jamie Star Scenario
12-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Well well, I find this thread very distasteful.

Captain Maxx Power
12-06-2005, 12:43 PM

Holy cow I just figured it out. They stole Jesus! The fiends! I won him fair and square in a community raffle.

Resha
12-06-2005, 12:49 PM
How terrible. We need to find this Grinch-wannabe. :(

Neco Arc
12-06-2005, 12:58 PM
who? Del snizz or Jim carrey?

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
12-06-2005, 01:42 PM
WTF

Neco Arc
12-06-2005, 01:46 PM
I break EoFF's index everytime I post

Thanks for the uber-long name

just fixing it...

Del Snizz
12-07-2005, 06:38 AM
Your method seems to work better than one might think. I did in fact go to the library today, but I'm fairly sure I didn't put Christmas in the walls there. I may have found something of interest, though:

Ic w&aelig;s f&aelig;mne geong feaxhar cwene
ond &aelig;nlic rinc on ane tid
fleah mid fuglum ond on flode swom
deaf under y&thorn;e dead mid fiscum
ond on foldan stop h&aelig;fde for&eth; cwicu.

Also, the deadline for the signature contest was May 23, 1618. I'm terribly sorry if you had an entry prepared.

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/member.php?u=19
As he said to me four years ago this Sunday, "I made act stupid in the chat, but it just to get people to not feeling depress all the time." His compassionate grammar might make him a valuable source of information. Or it might be a red herring.

Thank you.

As much as I'd like to say more here, I'm already late for tea.

Be seeing you.

Shlup
12-07-2005, 06:42 AM
Who let him out of his pen?

Del Murder
12-07-2005, 06:43 AM
You're a mean one, Mr. Snizz.

I would like to join the giant clam.

Steffox
12-07-2005, 06:55 AM
consider the way <i>you</i> write the letter 'E'. The course of your responses here may constrain the nature of my future messages (but certainly not of my past messages).

Hokay... how about this... We're on EoFF, you guys. The way we write 'E' is "Eyes". What we do with this information I am unsure.
I'm new to this... maybe I'm oversimplifying?

OOH! Or it's L337 and he means "3"
That's why YOU is italicized... because he couldn't write J00 without giving it away, maybe?

Leeza
12-07-2005, 07:37 AM
I love you Del Snizz. :)

But really, what does Christmas really matter? :/

Old Manus
12-07-2005, 07:39 AM
It's in the toy store! (http://www.herbiesfireworks.com/multishot_files/stolenchristmas.jpg)

escobert
12-07-2005, 07:43 AM
It's in the toy store! (http://www.herbiesfireworks.com/multishot_files/stolenchristmas.jpg)
:ciddie: :ciddie: :ciddie:

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-07-2005, 08:18 AM
I was a young maiden, a gray-haired woman
and singular man, all at once.
I flew with the birds and swan on the sea
dove under the waves, dead with the fish
and walked on land. I had a living spirit.

Resha
12-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Now I'm hopelessly baffled. :confused: (Now, before anyone makes a quip about it...:mad2:)

Dignified Pauper
12-07-2005, 04:54 PM
? I want to be in the Giant Clam... I think?

Psychotic
12-07-2005, 04:59 PM
I am the giant clam.
I am the giant clam.
I am the giant clam.
I am the giant clam.
I am the giant clam.
I am the giant clam.
I am the giant clam.
I am

Anaisa
12-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Your what?

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Hokay... how about this... We're on EoFF, you guys. The way we write 'E' is "Eyes". What we do with this information I am unsure.
I'm new to this... maybe I'm oversimplifying?

OOH! Or it's L337 and he means "3"
That's why YOU is italicized... because he couldn't write J00 without giving it away, maybe?
But what if he means to replace the "e" in that little paragraph he gave to us with "eyes" or the letter that sounds like it, "i"

Lindy
12-07-2005, 05:16 PM
To be honest, Christmas isn't worth it.

Raistlin
12-07-2005, 05:18 PM
What the hell, man. What the hell.

I think I'll let the minions do all the work and take all the credit at the end. Sort of like how the admins do things.

CaZ!
12-07-2005, 05:19 PM
if you've stolen christmas then why do i still have tinsel in my cuboard huh answer that :tongue:

bipper
12-07-2005, 05:41 PM

I liked that old riddle, and contrary to what many scholars have thought, I say the answer is Death. Death is truley the one omni potent being that was at one time all of these things, and clearly cannot be anymore. :)

Also

As he said to me four years ago this Sunday, "I made act stupid in the chat, but it just to get people to not feeling depress all the time." His compassionate grammar might make him a valuable source of information. Or it might be a red herring.

Now, 10-11-01 four years ago this sunday is a palendrome.

Oh I noticed that you Signature ended on the day that triggered the Thirty years war. Or the Boheamean war. A war fueled by hate between Catholics and Protistents, in which the protistents were given rights to worship, but only under a single protestant sect.

I can see two things here: 1. Christmas is amoung all of us, or with eachother. As we say EoEo, eyes on eachother had a Cahtolic bashing thread not to long ago. In which we could see much Catholicism vs protistant warring going on. Also, mind our "E's.

2: Yes, Prehapse I was looking to far into things... is christmas just in EoEo.

Either way we all win, cause we all have Christmas, as we all have eachother. swoons.

Sides that, can I use a lifeline?

Regis: No, your a dumbass and a disgrace...

bipper: :greenie:

EDIT:

I also figure that your riddle was illuding towards somthing more abstract.. That is why I went for the EoEo or eachother guess.

Edit: Prehaps the palendrom signifies that both sides of the Catho/proto fence are about the same, and that is what matters? Prehapse that is what the "red" herring is as well.

Bipper

VampireCrono
12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Snizz we all know it's hidden in the ancient giraffe can of Hjaloris, which contains Zebras and calculators.

Shoden
12-07-2005, 06:27 PM
It's in Looney BoB's pants!!!

Hmmm, If he did go to the libary then he is a nerd, where would a nerd hide something stolen?

-N-
12-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Ic w&#230;s f&#230;mne geong feaxhar cwene
ond &#230;nlic rinc on ane tid
deaf under y&#254;e dead mid fiscum
ond on foldan stop h&#230;fde for&#240; cwicu.

and walked on land. I had a living spirit. (http://www2.kenyon.edu/AngloSaxonRiddles/klein1.htm)

You does not equal you, by the way.

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-08-2005, 01:11 AM
I already translated it, sheesh.

Chemical
12-08-2005, 06:34 AM
I'm not sure I follow your clam rules?

Please explain in lamens terms.

Otherwise I'm excited in this cryptic adventure.

I'll be like the little Hoo. Lulu

-N-
12-08-2005, 07:56 PM
I already translated it, sheesh.I know, but I also included a link to some interpretations.

Del Snizz
12-09-2005, 04:35 AM
if you've stolen christmas then why do i still have tinsel in my cuboard huh answer that
It's not a trick. Just ask the greatest of all the men of the east.

I liked that old riddle, and contrary to what many scholars have thought, I say the answer is Death. Death is truley the one omni potent being that was at one time all of these things, and clearly cannot be anymore.
Well, that's quite a metamorphosis. A bit too extreme, though, I think. I don't want to get too philosophical, but what you should be starting with is basically Ovid, except what came first wasn't golden. Maybe that's because money doesn't grow on trees; maybe it's because there's no such thing as magic beans. Anyway, we're not talking evolution here, but I'm sure Darwin could help.

Luckily, that should be the end of the Old English portion of my week. I hope I justified the right Angles, but I've been told I can be a bit obtuse.

Oh I noticed that you Signature ended on the day that triggered the Thirty years war. Or the Boheamean war. A war fueled by hate between Catholics and Protistents, in which the protistents were given rights to worship, but only under a single protestant sect.

What is it they say? "When God closes a door, he opens a window?" It seems some of his followers have a similar philosophy. But speaking of Prague schools, <i>you</i> might consider that referential ambiguity that's been mentioned. I like Ike. Do <i>you</i>?

But back to your point, I've had bad experiences with cannibals, and comparative Eucharistology is not the goal. If that's the case, it might just be a theme. Am I on a roll or what? (I know it doesn't work as well in writing.)

I'm not sure I follow your clam rules?

Please explain in lamens terms.
There's no need to follow them. They're purely optional. And I must say that I fail to see why we should bring the black arts into this.

That's all for now. I had intended to update this thing religiously, but this is ridiculous.

Be seeing you.

Raistlin
12-09-2005, 06:10 AM
Trying to follow what Del's saying reminds me of when PG was new and posting regularly in EoEO.

Rase
12-09-2005, 06:44 AM
Well, time for plan B:

Hanukkah.

Del Murder
12-09-2005, 07:01 AM
Wait, so am I dead?

Doomie
12-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Well, I've looked into the riddle, (And now, I wanna buy that Exeter book of Riddles). But anywho... There have been different translations of the riddle. While some do translate into something that contains both a man and a woman at the beginning, others have just women. While reading Neel's page, the one that hit me was a Siren, sooooo...

Siren. Siren is a summon from FFVIII. FFVIII sucks. Just like prostitutes. I GOT IT! Christmas is in Del Snizz's pants!

EDIT: Seriously, why is 'you' always in italics?

herbie08
12-09-2005, 02:44 PM
So, wait, if you're running down the road at 5 miles per hour, and a wheel falls of your canoe, how many flapjacks does it take to shingle a dog house? And wouldn't the birds eat the pancakes?

Doomie
12-09-2005, 03:30 PM
We’ll start from the beginning. This is my official Microsoft Word attempt into solving this riddle.

The first thing that comes close to a clue is the Giant clam thing. The Giant Clam, also known as The Bear’s Claw Clam, is found all over the world from; from Africa to Fiji. Although it’s not much, here’s another definition for Bear’s Claw:

1. Bear claw - almond-flavored yeast-raised pastry shaped in an irregular semicircle resembling a bear's claw; Bear paw - coffee roll, sweet roll - any of numerous yeast-raised sweet rolls with our without raisins or nuts or spices or a glaze

2. Bear claw - an incised design resembling a bear's claw used in Native American pottery; Pattern, design, figure - a decorative or artistic work; "the coach had a design on the doors"

3. Bear claw - claw of a bear; often used in jewelry; Claw - sharp curved horny process on the toe of a bird or some mammals or reptiles.

The next clue is about the letter E. While it is possible that when he gave us that ‘clue’, he was referring to replacing the letter E with something else, I think we should dig deeper; don’t forget Snizz is much smarter than that...or is he? I decided to go slightly deeper into the Greek Letter E: Epsilon, as well as looking slightly further into the history of the letter.

Epsilon:

Epsilon (upper case Ε, lower case ε) is the fifth letter of the Greek alphabet. In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 5. "E psilon" ("simple e") was coined to distinguish the letter from αι, which by the medieval period was pronounced the same way.

Epsilon is the lowest and least intelligent caste in Aldous Huxley's dystopic satire Brave New World.

The lower-case letter ε is used as the symbol for:

In mathematics, a small positive quantity, usually denoted ε; see limit.
By analogy with this, the late mathematician Paul Erdős also used the term "epsilons" to refer to children (Hoffman 1998, p. 4).
In set theory, the limit ordinal of the sequence.
In computing, the precision of a numeric data type.
In computer science, the empty string.
In mathematics, the Levi-Civita symbol.
In mathematics, set membership (often written ∈ instead of ε), especially in older texts.
In physics, the permittivity of a medium.
In automata theory, a transition that involves no shifting of an input symbol.
In astronomy, the fifth brightest (usually) star in a constellation. See Bayer designation.

For all we know, the E could be referring to children. Sure, Epsilon may not even be close to figuring out the clue, but it’s a start. Also, I may not be able to see anything that helps me, other may when I finally decided to post this. Also, if Snizz is a Brave New World fan, (Which btw I am not) he may be referring to something really stupid. (Most newbies)

The history of the letter E from Wikipedia:

E is derived from the Greek letter epsilon which is much the same in appearance (Ε, ε) and function. The Semitic h&#234; probably first represented a praying or calling human figure (hillul jubilation). In Semitic, the letter was pronounced /h/ (in foreign words also /e/), in Greek h&#234; became Εψιλον (Epsilon) with the value /e/. Etruscans and Romans followed this usage.

The Semitic h&#234; probably first represented a praying or calling human figure.

This might loosely fit in with the riddle he gave us. (I will look into it later)

Something more interesting follows:

Like other Latin vowels, e came in a long and a short variety. In modern English, the long variety is sounded as in see and the short as in pet. However, Latin and most European languages sound the long variety differently, as in English vein. In other languages which use the letter it takes on various other values, sometimes with accents to indicate which one (&#234; &#233; &#232; &#235; ē ĕ ě ẽ ė ẹ ę). Digraphs starting with E are common in many languages to indicate diphthongs or show a different value of E, such as EA or EE for /iː/ or /eɪ/ in English, EI for /eɪ/ in English or /aɪ/ in German, or EU for /juː/ in English or /ɔɪ/ in German.

E is very often silent in English (silent E), particularly at the ends of words where old noun inflections have been dropped, although even when silent at the end of a word it often causes vowels in the word to be pronounced as long (compare rat and rate).

E is often a miss-understood letter in the English language, silent in many cases, badly portrayed in upper cases and exchanged with Y by many unschooled and illiterate.

This is the most common letter in English and many related languages, which has some implications in cryptography. This also makes it a difficult and popular letter to use when writing lipograms.

I especially like that second to last paragraph, so if he indeed wanted for us to replace it with a letter (And has studied illiteracy =P), he may just be asking us to replace the letter ‘e’ with the letter ‘y’ or possibly ‘i’.

*stretches*

Ic w&#230;s f&#230;mne geong feaxhar cwene
ond &#230;nlic rinc on ane tid
deaf under y&#254;e dead mid fiscum
ond on foldan stop h&#230;fde for&#240; cwicu.

Translated to:

I read Neel’s page and reviewed some of the answers. Although some of the answers are really fitting (Water, Sun), I think the answer to this ancient riddle is something non-existent or omni-potent. Something like a spirit or death (Like bipper said) or maybe a God. I just have the feeling he is referring to a sort of deity. This is why I underlined that sentence above about praying. All these things may indeed be connected.

May 23rd, 1618

Too many times in history it has happened. A religious minority is promised rights, and then those rights are stolen by supposedly godly men. In desperation the minority rises up, peace is shattered, and bloodshed follows. The terrible Thirty Years' War, which wasted central Europe from 1618-1648, may have been unavoidable, but its immediate spark was just such an incident.

The Defenestration of Prague (detail at the window).

Greater Bohemia, consisting of Bohemia, Silesia, Moravia and Lusatia, had been torn between Protestant and Catholic, German and Slav for two centuries, ever since the martyrdom of the reformer Jan Hus. Although Protestants had a majority on paper, they differed so greatly among themselves as to be a minority. Power resided with the Roman Catholics. Under a Letter of Majesty issued by Emperor Rudolph II, freedom of conscience and worship were granted in Bohemia. This freedom was not total. All Protestants were required to form one denomination. However, they were permitted to build churches in cities which had none.

Rudolph died before an interpretation of the act could be made. Catholics seized various pretexts to forbid Protestants to build churches. Rudolph's successor, the weak and elderly Matthias, placed power in the hands of an ardent Catholic who sought to centralize the government. Matthias' heir-apparent was Jesuit-trained and uncomfortable allowing Protestants freedom to worship in their desired fashion. These trends made Protestants uneasy.

Matthias left Prague. In his absence the area was ruled by regents, many of whom had resisted the Letter of Majesty. They arrested Protestant delegates who came protesting what was being done to the churches they tried to build.

Under the Letter, Protestants had a right to elect "Protectors" to settle disputes which might arise among themselves and to negotiate with the Catholics. The Protectors gathered in Prague on May 5, 1618, but contented themselves with drawing up a letter to Matthias. They set another meeting for the 21st.

The response from Matthias came back with such rapidity the protectors suspected it had been prepared in Prague and accused the regents of duplicity. The meeting on the 21st was nasty; the regents presented a letter from Matthias dissolving the assembly of the protectors. The protectors met on the 22nd and there is little doubt they plotted what happened next.

"Defenestration" is from Latin "de" meaning "out of" and "fenestra," "window." On this day, May 23 1618, they flung two of the offending regents out a window, intending to kill them. This was the famous Defenestration of Prague which sparked the war. Fortunately, the men thrown out the window were not seriously hurt. Some say they landed in a soft manure pile. What a foul way to start a war!

P.S. Something on this later.

10-11-01

Like bipper mentioned before me, this is a palindrome. If, however, this is meant to be special date, I have yet to have found its significance.

Now towards the end of this thing, my mind is racing and I have no idea what is going on anymore. All I know is that Ovid was a very famous poet around the time of Jesus. He wrote most of his poems about love and such. In 8 A.D., he was banished for ‘a mistake and a poem’. What that has to do with anything....I have no clue.

His most famous piece of work was Metamorphoses. I don’t feel like looking into it, but when I do, I’ll be sure to post anything interesting.

What is it they say? "When God closes a door, he opens a window?" It seems some of his followers have a similar philosophy. But speaking of Prague schools, you might consider that referential ambiguity that's been mentioned. I like Ike. Do you?

This obviously refers to when they shot those two men out the window. As for Ike...I don’t know.

This is just a mixed jumble of ideas. Congrats to the person who can make sense of it.

Del Murder
12-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Three Dels in one thread! Now we need Delglad to show up.

eestlinc
12-09-2005, 05:44 PM
delglad got married though!

Yamaneko
12-09-2005, 08:11 PM
The jokes on you! There's no such thing as the giant clam rules. It's just some control method invisioned by the CIA during the 70's to make sure people wouldn't riot over gas shortages and believe ELP's <i>Love Beach</i> was a masterful album.

Del Snizz
12-10-2005, 05:20 AM
I have to go out of town this weekend, and I'll respond to (I won't promise to answer) your questions at a later time. Will I get another profound message this Sunday? Unlikely, but slightly less so than yesterday. For anyone who might have intentions of locating and breaking into one of my legal residences in order to rummage through my possessions in search of the vanished holiday, I can assure you that you won't find it (though you may just be welcomed in and joined in your efforts). I can also tell you that I won't be taking Christmas with me, unless of course, I should die, in which case you'll never find it.

For now, just try to digest what I've already given you a bit longer, and remember the old saying "nonurumadventum". Of course, the Romans didn't put spaces between their words. Who invented that? How did they write their E's? It's no easy task to just ask them (and it doesn't really matter anyway), so I'll ask <i>you</i> again. Paper might help. You might also want to check your numbers. Mine too, for that matter.

Steffox
12-10-2005, 08:45 AM
Another random guess from me. If you try and chisel the letter E into something you're better off just writing an arrow pointing left, like <-, only tighter. Does this mean he's pointing at something?
I'm so behind it's not even funny anymore O_O

eestlinc
12-10-2005, 10:19 PM
believe ELP's <i>Love Beach</i> was a masterful album.
hah, Yams wins.

I think Bruckner could elucidate this riddle.

UWAOOOOU
12-11-2005, 12:41 AM
*singing*
Christmas tiiiime is once a year,
Every creature holds it dear,
Every animal big or small,
Christmas means the world to us all-

Its once a year,
Its christmas time
when we hear about how christmas only comes.....once a yeeeear.:blahblah:

KentaRawr!
12-11-2005, 01:15 AM
This is so simple.

Christmas is only a day, and a day never comes twice. We only made it seem so by having years, months, weeks, etc. So, Jesus stole it when he was born, as he took Christmas with him after that day!

I am SO witty!

Doomie
12-11-2005, 01:30 AM
My guess is that the person who isn't playing fairly is Primus Inter Pares.

Slade
12-11-2005, 05:20 AM
It's in my garage. Want me to go get it? I was going out there anyhow....

Del Snizz
12-14-2005, 04:23 AM
Wait, so am I dead?
Could be. I sure hope not, though. The last thing we need right now is a zombie invasion.

Well, I've looked into the riddle, (And now, I wanna buy that Exeter book of Riddles). But anywho... There have been different translations of the riddle. While some do translate into something that contains both a man and a woman at the beginning, others have just women.
The word <i>rinc</i> can mean 'warrior' as well as simply 'man', so it's conceivable that there need not be a male person involved. Of course, it's conceivable that there might not be a person involved at all. Maybe the different parts of the riddle have to be taken differently. And maybe I've already indicated which part you should be thinking about.

Siren. Siren is a summon from FFVIII. FFVIII sucks. Just like prostitutes. I GOT IT! Christmas is in Del Snizz's pants!
How odd that two of you have given the same answer. It's not in my pants. It's not in <i>my</i> pants either. It is, however, in Squeegee's pants, but I suppose that's not much help, is it?

EDIT: Seriously, why is 'you' always in italics?
Seriously, it isn't.

So, wait, if you're running down the road at 5 miles per hour, and a wheel falls of your canoe, how many flapjacks does it take to shingle a dog house? And wouldn't the birds eat the pancakes?
How many? I would recall what you have to say to the parrot at the Mayan temple. And whether the birds would eat the pancakes depends on what state they're in. These birds had better watch out, too, because people can eat them on Fridays. Sort of like capybaras, whipped or not.

The next clue is about the letter E. While it is possible that when he gave us that ‘clue’, he was referring to replacing the letter E with something else, I think we should dig deeper; don’t forget Snizz is much smarter than that...or is he? I decided to go slightly deeper into the Greek Letter E: Epsilon, as well as looking slightly further into the history of the letter.
A good effort, but you shouldn't dig deeper until you've scratched the surface. Which surface? I've already said. The history of the letter you're looking for doesn't go back to the Greeks. It doesn't go back very far at all.

All I know is that Ovid was a very famous poet around the time of Jesus. He wrote most of his poems about love and such. ... His most famous piece of work was Metamorphoses. I don’t feel like looking into it, but when I do, I’ll be sure to post anything interesting.
You don't have to look very hard. You might brush up on your Latin anyway, though. Don't worry about what Ovid says; worry about what Ovid means. And then worry about what I say and what that means.

If you try and chisel the letter E into something you're better off just writing an arrow pointing left, like <-, only tighter.
Do <i>you</i> write with a chisel?

I think Bruckner could elucidate this riddle.
Surely Brutwo can as well. You're certainly closer to the starting point.

Christmas is only a day, and a day never comes twice. We only made it seem so by having years, months, weeks, etc. So, Jesus stole it when he was born, as he took Christmas with him after that day!
What you say has a certain amount of truth to it, but as far as I know, Christmas never belonged to Jesus. The one keeping it until I stole it was John Frum.

Be seeing you.

-N-
12-14-2005, 04:55 AM
10-11-01 doesn't hold much significance as a palindrome as it does a binary representation of other numbers. Some elucidations:

101101 can be split into 101 101 - the binary representation is 55.

The traditional way to read binary is in hex - 10 1101 -> 2D.

Or split it along the date lines: 10 11 01 -> 231.

231 is one of the eight area codes of the state of Michigan, in the US.
Del Snizz lives in the state of Michigan.
Here are a list of towns in the 231 (rather long, beware):
ACME
AFTON
ALANSON
ALBA
ALDEN
ARCADIA
BAILEY
BALDWIN
BAY HARBOR
BAY SHORE
BAY VIEW
BEAR LAKE
BEAVER ISLAND
BELLAIRE
BENZONIA
BEULAH
BIG RAPIDS
BITELY
BOIS BLANC ISLAND
BOON
BOYNE CITY
BOYNE FALLS
BRANCH
BRETHREN
BROHMAN
BRUNSWICK
BRUTUS (what did you think of when Snizz said "Brutwo"?)
BUCKLEY
BURR OAK
BURT LAKE
CADILLAC
CANADIAN LAKES
CARP LAKE
CEDAR
CENTRAL LAKE
CHARLEVOIX
CHASE
CHEBOYGAN
CHIPPEWA LAKE
CONWAY
COPEMISH
CORAL
CROSS VILLAGE
CROTON
CUSTER
EAST JORDAN
EASTLAKE
EASTPORT
ELBERTA
ELK RAPIDS
ELLSWORTH
ELMIRA
EMPIRE
EVART
FALMOUTH
FIFE LAKE
FILER CITY
FOUNTAIN
FRANKFORT
FREE SOIL
FREMONT
FRUITPORT
GERBER PRODUCTS INC
GLEN ARBOR
GOOD HART
GRANT
GRAWN
HARBOR POINT
HARBOR SPRINGS
HARRIETTA
HART
HERSEY
HESPERIA
HOLTON
HONOR
HOWARD CITY
HOXEYVILLE
IDLEWILD
INDIAN RIVER
INTERLOCHEN
IRONS
KALEVA
KALKASKA
KARLIN
KEWADIN
KINGSLEY
LAKE ANN
LAKE CITY
LAKE LEELANAU
LAKEWOOD CLUB
LE ROY
LELAND
LEROY
LEVERING
LUDINGTON
LUTHER
MACKINAC CITY
MACKINAW CITY
MANCELONA
MANISTEE
MANTON
MAPLE CITY
MARION
MAYFIELD
MC BAIN
MEARS
MECOSTA
MERRITT
MESICK
MESKEGON
MONTAGUE
MOORESTOWN
MORLEY
MULLETT LAKE
MUSKEGON
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS
NEW ERA
NEWAYGO
NORTH MANITOU
NORTH MUSKEGON
NORTHPORT
NORTHPORT POINT
NORTON SHORES
ODEN
OLD MISSION
OMENA
ONEKAMA
PARIS
PEACOCK
PELLSTON
PENTWATER
PESHAWBESTOWN
PETOSKEY
PIERSON
POINTE AUX PINS
RAPID CITY
RAVENNA
REED CITY
RODNEY
ROOSEVELT PK
ROTHBURY
SAINT JAMES
SCOTTVILLE
SEARS
SHELBY
SOUTH AIRPORT BRANCH
SOUTH BOARDMAN
SOUTH MANITOU
STANWOOD
STRONACH
SUTTONS BAY
THOMPSONVILLE
TOPINABEE
TRAVERSE CITY
TUSTIN
TWIN LAKE
WABANINGO
WALHALLA
WALKERVILLE
WALLOON LAKE
WELLSTON
WEQUETONSING
WHITE CLOUD
WHITEHALL
WILLIAMSBURG
WOLVERINE
WOODLAND
WOODLAND PARK

Raistlin
12-14-2005, 05:29 AM
CHRISTMAS IS IN PESHAWBESTOWN!!!!111

Best town name ever.

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-14-2005, 06:15 AM
Didn't he just say it's in Squeeg's pants?

Raistlin
12-14-2005, 06:27 AM
but I suppose that's not much help, is it?

Del Snizz
12-14-2005, 05:15 PM
10-11-01 doesn't hold much significance as a palindrome as it does a binary representation of other numbers. Some elucidations:

101101 can be split into 101 101 - the binary representation is 55.

The traditional way to read binary is in hex - 10 1101 -> 2D.

Or split it along the date lines: 10 11 01 -> 231.

231 is one of the eight area codes of the state of Michigan, in the US.
Del Snizz lives in the state of Michigan.
There are two things wrong with this, one of which I've implied and the other of which I've...uh...<i>ex</i>plied in various places.

Didn't he just say it's in Squeeg's pants?
I'm sure you've seen the articles in the scientific journals, but on or about the night of April 20, 2001, it was discovered that Squeegee's pants encompass the entire universe.

Primus Inter Pares
12-14-2005, 07:39 PM
My guess is that the person who isn't playing fairly is Primus Inter Pares.
Did I even post in this thread? O_o

Edit: no, I didn't really read it either, so I might be missing something.

KentaRawr!
12-14-2005, 07:52 PM
What you say has a certain amount of truth to it, but as far as I know, Christmas never belonged to Jesus. The one keeping it until I stole it was John Frum.

Be seeing you.

Ah, but Christmas is Jesus's Birthday. This sentence makes it sound like it belongs to him. But on the other hand, wouldn't his birthday be in April? And if it is in April, then perhaps April o'niel has it. And April O'niel is supposed to be a news reporter. And everyone knows about Channel 2 News.

So, in conclusion, Christmas is on Channel 2 news.

Edit:
Did I even post in this thread?
How can you play fair if you didn't post? :p

Del Snizz
12-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Ah, but Christmas is Jesus's Birthday. This sentence makes it sound like it belongs to him. But on the other hand, wouldn't his birthday be in April? And if it is in April, then perhaps April o'niel has it. And April O'niel is supposed to be a news reporter. And everyone knows about Channel 2 News.

The actual birth date of the historical Jesus is irrelevant to the case at hand. It could've been in April: it could even have been 2000 years to the second before the aforementioned discovery of Squeegee's universal pants. The fact of the matter, though, is that I've stolen Christmas and noöne has even come close to finding what I've done with it.

You might want to hold that thought on channels, though. Giraldus Cambrensis probably crossed at least one, and he might have seen a good answer to the riddle on the way. He certainly wrote about it later. Don't keep too much of your thought, of course. Following the pattern of this thread, you've confused your numbers. If <i>you</i> look into it, you'll find that one 'correct' number is important and one is not.

Turning from numbers to letters, once you figure out how <i>you</i> write E, you'll find that things will start flowing together around here. Flowing like a river? Yes, and you can find out which one by combining the parts of your work with their eventual sum. <i>You</i> may need to collaborate, of course, or else you might miss something important, since most people only have two useful steps on the way. You'll need a better number.

You'll also probably need to know where to look before you search: one name works well enough, but it needs an extra letter in these crazy times of ours (it's still the name of a holiday, though). Fortunately, you should know what that letter is. You should also know a few places where you can start looking.

Be seeing you.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Maybe you mean "E" as in the hexidecimal number?

Or is it we assemble a bunch of dates together then change them into letters or something...*thinks*

Del Snizz
12-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Maybe you mean "E" as in the hexidecimal number?

I'm really talking about the letter, so think literally.

Think graphically, too. Maybe some pictures will help (or maybe not).

Raistlin
12-18-2005, 05:53 PM
"E" turned sideways is a bridge?

Sheep hotel. xD

Del Murder
12-18-2005, 06:01 PM
We only have 7 days left to find Christmas! Come on people!

KentaRawr!
12-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Well, let's see... When we say "E" we smile. It could also mean "E" as in EoFF, in which case it would mean "Eyes". This COULD lead to what we see, but where could we go from there? Plus, there are too many things to see.

I will take a wild guess and say that you are ACTUALLY Cl_out.

-N-
12-19-2005, 04:08 AM
There was a lot of marijuana smoked on April 20, 2001.

I'd like to know what/who you is/are.

I'm too lazy to ask Rirse.

-N-
12-21-2005, 09:16 PM
bump

Del Snizz
12-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Forget talking to Rirse. You should really have a chat with KB. You might not learn much about '<i>you</i>', but it's worth doing nonetheless.

Be seeing...<i>you</i>?

Markus. D
12-22-2005, 01:02 AM
i win.

Del Snizz
12-22-2005, 01:17 AM
Only <i>I</i> may arbitrarily declare victory.

Be seeing you.

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-22-2005, 09:57 AM
I've decided this is stupid now and have coverted to Judeism.
Happy Hanukkah, everyone!

Del Snizz
12-23-2005, 01:05 AM
I've decided this is stupid now and have coverted to Judeism.
Happy Hanukkah, everyone!

Excellent. All the pieces are falling into place. I must contact my masters at the International Jewish Conspiracy.

I mean...be seeing you.

Del Snizz
12-26-2005, 03:01 AM
Well, it looks like noöne managed to find Christmas in time, and on this day, countless people celebrated a holiday that wasn't really there. Tragic.

Maybe I'll give you another chance next year. You should know, though, that I've moved my holiday to a new location, and the clues I've given you here will be worthless in finding Christmas now. If you're interested in the solutions to the puzzles in this thread, please contact KB...repeatedly, if possible.

With sincere apologies to those of you who are Orthodox or who otherwise celebrate Christmas on a different day than the twenty-fifth of December, I hereby end this challenge.

Oh, right: Don't double-post, kids. *closes, bans*