PDA

View Full Version : FMV Crashing (PC)

Ketosin
12-06-2005, 06:17 PM
This is more of a fan site rather then support, but meh... Some of you might have had the same problem :D

I'm running the PC version off FF8, Windows XP Home, 2.7ghz Celeron, 512mb RAM, and plenty of HDD space.

(EDIT) Oh ya, 256mb RADEON 9200 video card, forgot to mention it =P

Whenever I try and start a new game and the FMV video (the really really cool one with the music and stuff that I really really wanna see :eep: ) pops up, my game crashes to desktop after about 5 seconds...

I skipped ahead to a later saved game and those videos worked perfectly, but those saves are all Disc 3/4 and I wanna start out at the beginning :mad:

I'm pretty sure its a Disc problem, but there are no scratches and I did a CD sector scan and no errors were found ><

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Btw, I've tried unistalling and reinstalling mutiple times with Full Install(+Optimal) and Normal Install

(EDIT) Or if anyone could give me a game save that takes place as soon after the intro video as possible, that would be great too =D (EDIT)

anakkampung85
12-07-2005, 03:52 AM
This problem happened at my game too... I bought another FFVIII game... and it worked perfectly because your disc has damaged FMV data only.. So, I suppose you buy game CD again or borrow CD from your friends.

Ketosin
12-07-2005, 04:04 AM
Hard to come by FF8, but I'll look around :eep:

Xaven
12-07-2005, 04:05 AM
The PC version of FFVIII is riddled with nasty problems. I don't think I can help too much with your PC, but I can suggest getting a Ps1 and the FFVIII game for it. It's virtually bug free compared to its PC counterpart.