PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing: Wild World [Impressions thread]

Sephex
12-07-2005, 03:29 AM
***check out my threads for edits now and then/edits will be in bold***

I picked this up today, and I am quite supsrised with it. For those of you who have read reviews of the game--yes--it is more of the same thing. However, there are minor changes that make the game feel like a fresh experience.

*The top screen displays the sky. At night, you can see constellations...that YOU get to make. I felt pretty good looking at my Triforce in the sky just now.

*Up to four people live in one house. This may sound like a drawback, but I think it is interesting that you will have to work teogether for a look you want for your house...or you can screw your roomates over with your own annoying print (ed, I'm looking at YOU)!

*Obviously, the game goes online through Nintendo Wi-Fi. I haven't been able to try this yet, but I do know that up to three people can visit your town. Be careful who you let in, because visitors can chop down your trees and screw around with your constellations. However, you have to exchange freind codes to invite people to your town, so it's not like any jerk can come in and burn it down (ed, I'm looking at YOU)!

*More crap in general. More furniture, new characters to meet, etc. Just more stuff. However, you can't play NES games like you could in the GC one (not a big deal to me, I didn't really do it that often anyway). And, of course, you can't visit Animal Island by linking to your GBA either.

*No more acres. The town is one giant area. The way the perspective in the game is set up is neat. It looks like you are on a little planet.

*I am not 100% sure about this, but I think there are no more weeds to pick. Once again, I could be wrong about this. However, a new tool you can buy is a watering can. If you want the flowers you planted to live, you must water them. Not sure about this, but I think once a day will pass, and it's not like you have to sit there for a couple of minutes either. [[[I was wrong. Some guy who "time traveled" over at Gamefaqs says he has tons of weeds now.]]]

*Animals say more things. Plus, you can't choose to go help them out. What you do is random. Mostly, I get advice or tips, but one new thing that I was offered was a resident challenged me to catch a certain type of bug before she did.

*There is a coffee house. I am not 100% sure on this, but I believe that you can randomly run into villagers there. You can also drink coffee yourself. There is no real point to this as far as I can see for now, but it's a pretty cool addition.

Personal stuff: I already paid off one debt to Tom Nook (hint: buy a fishing rod...if it is in the store the first day you play, like it was for me...and fish in the ocean...sell the fish for some mad bellz). I plan on decorating my room for a bit, and buying up the rest of the tools as fast as I can.

Overall, I think this is a worthy sequel. The online play should help it reach a longevity that the GC version could only dream to obtain. Collecting fish, bugs, fossils, and art should be cool once again. Go buy it if you liked the GC version. If you want to see my friend code, look in the Wi-Fi thread (as of now, it's not listed in the first post...look for my last post in there).

Xaven
12-07-2005, 03:36 AM
It's out already? Awesome. Now only if I could come up with some cash... I loved the GC one and hope that this one lives up to its Title like you're implying.

Deaths_Hand
12-07-2005, 04:09 AM
ive always heard the game was great but ive never tried any of them

Shlup
12-07-2005, 04:16 AM
Eeee! I've been waiting for it to come out! Not that I have a DS, but BJ's brother should have it this weekend and then I can steal his DS and spend the weekend in the closet playing while he and his sister cry 'cause I wont share.

escobert
12-07-2005, 04:41 AM
Yeah a guy across the street has one. I might need to hang out with him somemore :D xD

Deaths_Hand
12-09-2005, 05:05 PM
hopefully there will be a rom for it, im not a big fan of the dual screen, thus why i dont have one

escobert
12-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Oh you know you love it :p

Roto13
12-09-2005, 08:01 PM
My lameass (real) town will be lucky to get it at all :mad:

Tidus Andronicus
12-09-2005, 08:23 PM
I find it annoying that I created a thread about this over a week ago... only to have it closed when I posted some more information in it... after this new one pops up... -_- I guess the mods here dont have the ability to merge threads... or at the very least check dates... I'm looking at you Behold the Void...

Either way, Animal Crossing WW is so far, an absolutly great game!
But the only problem I have found so far, is that online mode is a bit of trouble to get going... especially if you dont have a friend that plays the game... or doesn't have it yet...
I want to get those non-native fruits, and have someone shop at my shop to get the biggest nook store... or even that sling shot that never appears at my store...

Anyway, I found this site:
http://www.animalcrossinglive.com/
I suggest anyone that can't find people to play with, try that! It basically makes Animal Crossing work just like Mario Kart's online mode! Never know who exactly you'll get, but at least its a start, and maybe you can form some friends.
I tested it out myself, works perfectly, and quickly... (its normally instant) Didn't run into anyone I didn't like either... lol

Dixie
12-09-2005, 10:36 PM
SEPHEX YOU SUCK STOP BRAGGING DAMN IT!!!!!!1111 :p

Anyways....from what Sephex has told me, it's a good game, lots of stuff happens...but there's NO DUMP.

When I get this for Christmas, I swear, I will keep my town without weeds or trash!

edczxcvbnm
12-09-2005, 11:11 PM
When I get this for Christmas, I swear, I will keep my town without weeds or trash!

I have seen your Gamecube crossing town...I call bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifs!

Dixie
12-10-2005, 12:02 AM
I have seen your Gamecube crossing town...I call bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifs!Oh, YOU SHOULD SEE MY ROOM! It's good and I HAVE CLEANED UP MY AC TOWN!!!!!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnyways......^_^

Tidus Andronicus
12-10-2005, 04:21 AM
anyways....from what Sephex has told me, it's a good game, lots of stuff happens...but there's NO DUMP.Well, there may not be a dump... but there is an equivilant! The recycling bin, inside the town hall, works exactly like the dump did... ^_~ usually has more items in it too.

Roto13
12-10-2005, 04:25 AM
It's out already? Awesome.

It was supposed to come out in August or something. "already" is probably the wrong word.

fantasyjunkie
12-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Oh brother, I was addicted to the Gamecube version and now this is gonna take up my time too. :D