PDA

View Full Version : Playing too much

fantasyjunkie
12-07-2005, 07:28 AM
About 4 years ago Iwas really heavy into playing this MMO called Ultima Online. I had this character who was a grandmaster fisherman. I had him fish everyday and would sell my treasure on a vender. Well one day at work(real life work) there was this guy who said he liked to fish and I asked him if he was a grandmaster fisherman, and he was like"Whaaat?" I just said never mind and shut my mouth LOL!
Has anyone else had a moment where a game has affected their real life and made them say or do something strange?

Necronopticous
12-07-2005, 07:39 AM
My ex-girlfriend and I used to play Final Fantasy XI together whenever we were not actually together. One day we were waiting for our classes to start and someone said something funny, she instinctively blurted out "Laugh out lou...!" She then covered her mouth in embarassment and her face turned bright red. This was when we first realized we might have been playing Final Fantasy XI a little too much.

Yuffie514
12-07-2005, 02:01 PM
until recently, i've been like a drama queen in a certain MMORPG...

Lindy
12-07-2005, 02:06 PM
No, I have the ability to distinguish between reality and fantasy, thanks.

Yew-Yevon
12-07-2005, 02:12 PM
.............nothing realy happend to me...im not scisofrenic.

fantasyjunkie
12-07-2005, 03:20 PM
About 4 years ago Iwas really heavy into playing this MMO called Ultima Online. I had this character who was a grandmaster fisherman. I had him fish everyday and would sell my treasure on a vender. Well one day at work(real life work) there was this guy who said he liked to fish and I asked him if he was a grandmaster fisherman, and he was like"Whaaat?" I just said never mind and shut my mouth I cried aloud with mirth and merriment!
Has anyone else had a moment where a game has affected their real life and made them say or do something strange?
"cried out loud with mirth and merrimnet?" I never put that in my post. I tried to edit it but the edit box doesn't have those 6 words in it, just my original post. What's going on? :confused:

KentaRawr!
12-07-2005, 03:55 PM
"cried out loud with mirth and merrimnet?" I never put that in my post. I tried to edit it but the edit box doesn't have those 6 words in it, just my original post. What's going on? :confused:

Well, the mods wanted to be able to say that lol really really fast, so they made it so that when you type lol, you say "lol".

Anaisa
12-07-2005, 05:47 PM
I've never said something computer game related by accident during an unrelated conversation. But my mother was arguing with me and I was talking to my brother about something final fantasy related. And then I said something back to her that really bugged her and she theatened to come in and give me a beating. And I mocked her and said "oooh I better junction a gf" and she said "what the bloody hell is that supposed to mean?!"

Deaths_Hand
12-07-2005, 11:11 PM
i never got that bad sometimes i may make references to my friends as a joke but i know what im saying

KentaRawr!
12-08-2005, 12:21 AM
I never said an abreviation in real life, but my sister has. o_o She was really into PSO. o.o

kikimm
12-08-2005, 12:46 AM
I don't think I've ever done anything like that. By accident. I've said things like that on purpose, though. Of course.

Markus. D
12-08-2005, 04:52 AM
not so much no.

I advertise Maple Story whenever someone brings up MMO games though.