PDA

View Full Version : A few overall newb questions

EricNuKe
12-07-2005, 05:27 PM
I hate being a newb, but everyone starts out one. Anyway, the questions I have are 1. Is the guard at the gate the main missions for me or can I just about get missions from all over? 2. I see people synthesizing and have an idea how to do it, but how do I know what materials to use and so I sell things I make to shops? 3. What is the deal about fishing? 4. I'm curently at level 10 warrior (thanks Lionx for the info on the Red Mage idea I had going) What is my best way to make money? I can farm flint stones and sell them (4stones for 100gil), but that can't be the only way. 5. I played SWG and we had guilds with tags and such, how would I find me a group of people to play with for hunting and exploering? I'm on Slyph and was needing to find someone t take me under their wing so I can get a better grasp on things. Also, any other info you guys may have would be great... THX

Germ Hamee
12-07-2005, 06:25 PM
1. Is the guard at the gate the main missions for me or can I just about get missions from all over?
Yes, the gates are the only place to get missions from. Whatever other tasks you may run across are quests, done for gil and items, which will not gain you any rank.

2. I see people synthesizing and have an idea how to do it, but how do I know what materials to use and so I sell things I make to shops?
Find a local guild you are interested in, talk to whatever NPC looks the least busy (it's probably the leader) and join. The NPCs in that guild will tell you what you're capable of making at your level, and what materials you will need. Keep in mind that synth is a very long, slow, expensive trade. For awhile you'll probably just lose money, but I guarantee it'll be well worth it down the road if you have the patience and money.

3. What is the deal about fishing?
I don't know.

4. I'm curently at level 10 warrior (thanks Lionx for the info on the Red Mage idea I had going) What is my best way to make money? I can farm flint stones and sell them (4stones for 100gil), but that can't be the only way.
This all depends on what region you're in. Flint stones will never make you a living. Beastmen usually drop items that sell fairly well. You can also mine or harvest for rare items. If you don't need them, stacks of crystals always sell for a chunk, and they sell quickly.

5. I played SWG and we had guilds with tags and such, how would I find me a group of people to play with for hunting and exploering?
Those would be Linkshells. I think some Linkshells look for new members on websites, but I don't know where to look. You'll more than likely find a group when you start partying at Valkurm Dunes. Many new doors will open up for you as soon as you start playing with other players.

I hope something here was helpful. ^^