PDA

View Full Version : ultimecia

knight of the round
12-07-2005, 08:50 PM
i have finished the game again who thinks the boss is too easy even my first time was easy

Ultima Shadow
12-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Every singel boss in FFVIII is too easy! The entire game is too easy!

Aurora_sword
12-07-2005, 11:05 PM
yes, if you understand the junction system that is, apparently many people dont...

and of course, knowing the location of insland closest to hell is a huge advantage

Shin Gouken
12-07-2005, 11:22 PM
yes, if you understand the junction system that is, apparently many people dont...

and of course, knowing the location of insland closest to hell is a huge advantage

who? ...........pikeys? who couldnt understand it, they explain it simple enough and it practically does it for you anyway.

yes bosses are far too easy

Rhi
12-08-2005, 08:29 PM
its all done based on your levels of COURSE its easy you can complete the game on level 1, no worries

Yuffie514
12-09-2005, 01:28 AM
agreed, she [and Griever] are too simple. she's such a pushover that i once gave her a chance to kill me...

X-Dragon
12-09-2005, 01:52 AM
yep way 2 easy

Mo-Nercy
12-09-2005, 02:38 AM
The hardest part about Ultimecia is that she selects three random characters from your party. But I'm sure we all knew how to get around that. Griever and third form Ulti can cause some problems but it's really nothing that can't be Curaga-ed/Recover-ed out of. Also you can't die in the fight at all, because there's no way to revive the character that died. But then again, it's very hard to die in this battle and even if you lose a character, you'll usually pull up fine.

I think I know what her problem is. I've found that final bosses in many RPGs tend to annoy you by bombarding you with status effects. Necron and Safer Sephiroth both did this and both proved to be more challenging than Ulti. Damage could never really be a major concern but that's pretty much how Ultimecia attempts to beat you with moves like Shockwave Pulsar and Hell's Judgement.

Doesn't mean the battle wasn't fun though. It was a nice way to end the game.

Ultima Shadow
12-09-2005, 06:42 AM
Doesn't mean the battle wasn't fun though. It was a nice way to end the game.Agreed. I though it was, in fact, the most entertaining final boss battle out of all the FFs.

boys from the dwarf
12-09-2005, 07:17 AM
if your good at junctioning and also are good at refining and modding items the game is very easy but some people arent very good at it.

Mo-Nercy
12-09-2005, 09:30 AM
if your good at junctioning and also are good at refining and modding items the game is very easy but some people arent very good at it.
I don't think it's that people aren't good at it. It's just that they're too lazy to do it. And I can fully understand if someone can't be arsed sitting there for 20 mins drawing a hundred of everything from one particular enemy or boss. Or if someone can't be arsed playing Triple Triad for 5 hours just so they can refine some awesome magic.

On the other hand, Ultimecia doesn't really need heavy junctions, at least not as much as Omega Weapon. You do, however, need to make a decent attempt to improve the stats of your characters because spamming GFs doesn't cut it here.

sephiroth the dark angel
12-10-2005, 02:53 PM

why i'm level 35 with my squall and i can't even beat 1 monster it's annoing i can't seem to find any other place to train up on.

Aeon
12-10-2005, 08:00 PM
why i'm level 35 with my squall and i can't even beat 1 monster it's annoing i can't seem to find any other place to train up on.

Island Closest to Hell :)

Future Esthar
12-12-2005, 03:34 PM
why i'm level 35 with my squall and i can't even beat 1 monster it's annoing i can't seem to find any other place to train up on

Go fight Odin.
With him the battles are easy and you gain lots of AP and Exp.

Mo-Nercy
12-12-2005, 05:03 PM
NOO!!!!!

Don't train. Monsters in FF8 will only proceed to get harder and harder as you level. The problem with you is that you're not making full use of the junction system. I did this myself on my first couple of plays. Don't think 20-30 something magic on each junction is going to work. You need to draw until all your magic is stocked to 100.

Go the Island Closest to Hell or Heaven. Turn on Enc-None and bash X while you walk around. You'll find a tonne of random draw points stocked with awesome magic that'll uber your characters within a few hours.

An ideal game of FF8 will end with your party on about Level 30. That's what I think. I have played games where I finish in the 20s. To put it simply, monsters in FF8 will level up with you. If you're level one and it takes two hits to kill a Bite Bug with no junctions, it'll take you two hits to kill a Bite Bug with a level 100 character with no junctions. Junctions will be what defines your strength in this game. Picture a level 20 Squall with 100 Ultimas on Strength. His Str stat would be 255 (the max). A level 100 Squall with 100 Ultimas on Strength would still be 255. What's the difference? A monster/boss you fight when Squall is level 20 will be around level 20 itself. A monster/boss you fight when Squall is level 100 will be around level 100. Make the right choice. Play FF8 like it should be played.

TheSpoonyBard
12-12-2005, 05:26 PM
its easy you can complete the game on level 1, no worries

Easy, you say? I'd like to see you complete a Lv 1 game considering Squall starts at Lv 7 and Quistis at Lv 8.

Basically follow what Mo-Nercy said in the above post and all should go well. To level up your GFs without levelling up your characters just junction them to Seifer or Edea and let them level them up for you. To gain AP without the risk of levelling up fight Cactuars in the Kashkabald Desert or Cactus Island (the small island next to the desert). Each Cactuar offers 1-3 EXP and 20 AP.

sephiroth the dark angel
01-24-2006, 05:05 PM
and that is a good way to get ap right?well it's best one i know

and no-mercy if i didn't level up i wouldn't get bpast the lion he's just too strong of course i know how to beat him now that im level 80 and for any 1 that dosent know how to beat a hard monster(not boss) use degenerator whith quitsis it sould work speacaly on islands hell/heaven

Moon Rabbits
01-24-2006, 05:18 PM
I beat FF8 on my first way through at Level 48. I've beat it a few more times at lower levels now I'm going to attempt to beat it at level 100 to see if it beefs up Ultimecia a little more. Does anyone know how much harder it will make her?

Also, if you're looking for more of a challenge go through the game without junctioning...so far it's been relatively easy for me but I've only gotten as far as the SeeD ball so I dunno if it'll get much harder...also I'm still only level 8 (during the battles at Dollet I couldnt escape I accidently leveled up Squall once).

EDIT: I mean not junctioning to stats...My challenge right now (my first one too) is to get through the game with no stat junctions, only junctioning GFs in order to give me access to commands (draw, magic, GF, etc.) also I'm not equipping any of the +20% abilities...because it's kinda like stat junctioning.

sephiroth the dark angel
01-24-2006, 05:55 PM
tell me is that level up with the monsters thing happen on all ff's or just on 8

sephiroth the dark angel
01-24-2006, 05:55 PM
tell me is that level up with the monsters thing happen on all ff's or just on 8

Moon Rabbits
01-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Just 8, it's the only one it'd work well with because of the Junction system.

Alexander
01-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Every singel boss in FFVIII is too easy! The entire game is too easy!

Keglineq
01-25-2006, 02:11 PM
am i the only one who finished with high levels? i completed the game multiple times with the majority of my characters in the 70s level wise lol. i thought it was kinda hard..

Moon Rabbits
01-25-2006, 04:08 PM
My first time through : level 48
2nd : 42
3rd : 36

I have a game just before the lunatic pandora part at level 100. I'm gonna finish that game soon...I have another game at level 8 but im only in Timber.