PDA

View Full Version : FFII Goblin Prince

Cubster
12-08-2005, 04:30 AM
I'm trying to find the Goblin Prince in Castle Kas'ion and add it to my Bestiary but to no avail. I'm playing the PSone version (FF Origins).

Would there be any floor(s) in which he wanders around mainly or any of the dead-end rooms with frequent encounters?

boys from the dwarf
12-08-2005, 04:46 PM
ive never fought a goblin prince there or in the whole game and due to the lack of replies to this thread i doubt they even exist.

Cubster
12-08-2005, 05:03 PM
I can't say. I read about it in Walkthroughs/FAQs and in the BradyGames Strategy Guide and they all say he is in Castle Kas'ion only. I'm guessing he's probably really rare that most players have not fought him and just gave up and continued with the game.

According to his stats, he is slightly more powerful than the other Goblins but still a weak monster. Since he is weak, then he may be hanging around the entrance of the castle or not far into it. But if anyone knows the most likely place to find him or if there was a place they ran into him by chance, I'd really love to know!:)

DarkLadyNyara
12-08-2005, 05:41 PM
they show up on the bottom floor of Kashuan keep. Where the Sunfire is. Thats where I always find him, but it can take some searching.

Cubster
12-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Thanks a lot! After a few fights (and tons before everyone in the castle and even on the first floor) he appeared finally and took him out. I wish people would update their Walkthroughs/FAQ's when it comes to things like this and for strategy guides to be more specific when it comes to finding rare monsters.

I'll write a small note in my Strategy Guide for future reference.

I just finished the game tonight (few hours before the New Year) and found the only other rare monster that has caused me problems to find: Succubus! In case anyone needs to know, I fought her twice on B1 and B3 floors of the Jade Passage.

I've finished the game with 100% everything and just happy it's all over with. In the end, FFII was okay but the building up system was too slow (especially the spells!) and I'm happy it was scrapped in the rest of the series. But all in all, it wasn't a bad game.

Memoria
01-11-2006, 01:29 AM
In reality... I don't work on the bestiaries, I have yet to compelete FF2J...

DJZen
01-17-2006, 12:18 AM
There's really only one rare encounter worth finding anyway...

Doomie
01-17-2006, 01:39 AM
I fought him in Origins...more than once. I think it's because you gave to be secretely equipped. Remove all your armour and weapons and try again.