PDA

View Full Version : *Spoiler warning* There's something in FFVII that doesn't make any sense to me...

Electrictypewriter
12-08-2005, 05:52 PM
In the end of the game, it shows RedXII running, with two little kids of the same species.
My question is, where did they come from? I thought RedXIII was the last of his species? :confused:

Lost Number
12-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Either there is another of his speceis somewhere or they can reproduce asexually. This is unlikely as he has "parents" but maybe it is a social habit.

Electrictypewriter
12-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Hmm. They never mentioned anything about there being another of his species in the game.
I guess it's possible that that reproduce asexually. But it doesn't seem likely. I mean, he calls his parents 'mother' and 'father.' (I think...^_^; )
But maybe he just calls them that because the people around him call their parents that? But then, how would he know which one is 'father' and which one is 'mother?' Wouldn't they look the same? (Or at least VERY similar...) I don't know. Squaresoft never explains it. xD

I was thinking maybe somehow someone created another one by cloning RedXIII? (Or something like it.) But then, Hojo is dead, and I don't think there are any other people who would even try to do something like that RedXIII... Unless the little RedXIIIs (his kids) were created through science, and they're clones of RedXIII? But is it possible to clone animals? And if anyone could clone RedXII, then wouldn't Hojo be able to do it? If so, then why didn't he?

I wonder why they don't explain it in the newer games and movies and stuff... Maybe they didn't really think about it when they put the scene in, so there really is no explanation for it. But that's unlikely, since the rest of the game was so well thought out.

Lost Number
12-08-2005, 07:35 PM
We do not know if the Planet has developed cloning techniques yet. Since it is 500 years later and the pups look very young it is fair to surmise either Red XIII found a partner or used cloning recently. It must be developed after the events of FFVII DoC by a scientist other than Hojo. Not nessecarily a mad one, cloning Red XIII would be a good thing.

Electrictypewriter
12-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Okay, that makes sense. :)
Thanks. :)

Lost Number
12-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Hey, glad to clear that up.

Masamune·1600
12-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Immediately before Bugenhagen dies, he suggests that Red may not be the last member of his species.

Bugenhagen: It's a wide world and you must go out and see it... You may even find your life's mate. You never know.

The obvious implication of the ending, then, is that Red did find his "life's mate."

Electrictypewriter
12-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey, you're right! I had forgotten about that. xD
So maybe there was another RedXIII thing (I STILL don't know what he is!:confused:) somewhere.

Lost Number
12-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Red XIII is Red XIII. What more do you need to know?

Electrictypewriter
12-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Then what was his mate? (if there was one.) xD She definately wasn't a 'RedXIII.'

Lost Number
12-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Thats not what I meant. I meant as in You are...Electrictypewriter, I'm a drunken Irish git, sort of thing.

Electrictypewriter
12-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Yeah, RedXIII is a name, just like electrictypewriter is a name.
We are both humans (I think!)... What is RedXIII?

Masamune·1600
12-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Then what was his mate? (if there was one.) xD She definately wasn't a 'RedXIII.'

As implied by Bugenhagen, Red's mate would have been of the same fantasy species. After all, Seto has the same feline and canine characteristics as Red, as do Red's "cubs."

Electrictypewriter
12-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I know, but I was trying to find out what their species was called.
Now that I think about, I realise that there species might not have a name. :)

Lost Number
12-08-2005, 08:27 PM
We are both humans (I think!)

Probably.

Electrictypewriter
12-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Probably.

You never know. :)

Electrictypewriter
12-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Well I'm going to go now. My little sister is depressed, and wants to go on the computer.

Thanks for chatting with me. :) Goodbye for now. :)

Slicksword45
12-08-2005, 08:58 PM
new "dosen't make sense" thing

if Aeris was killed by separoth why can't they just use a pheniox down on her.....

Vyk
12-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Pheonix Down doesn't bring people back to life (despite being named after a creature that came back to life). It "wakes up" knocked out party members. Its basically smelling salts :/

Shin Gouken
12-09-2005, 07:07 PM
new "dosen't make sense" thing

if Aeris was killed by separoth why can't they just use a pheniox down on her.....

i thought everyone would know that *blinks* shes dead!!!

like in ffv, when galuf dies, they STUPIDLY try reviving him with a pheonix down, and then raise and arise. HAHA they are so stupid!! no offence to you *blinks again*

Nightowlgamer
12-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Who all saw Final Fantasy advent children? it was awesome.....but didn't show Nanaki's little ones.......any comments?

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
12-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Red 13 is like 500 in the cutscene.

J.C.M.F.
12-10-2005, 12:12 AM
the cutscene they showed at the end of FFVII took place much later than Advent Children. I can't remember the number, but it was definitely more than just 2 years later. They also showed the same clip at the beginning of advent children, but that was more a glimpse of what Midgar was to become, or something, but it still took place over a hundred years later.

Masamune·1600
12-10-2005, 04:09 AM
The ending to FFVII takes place 500 years after the events of the game. That same scene is reproduced in Advent Children; however, that brief opening almost immediately gives way to events that took place "498 years earlier."

Dolentrean
12-10-2005, 04:15 AM
In AC you do see Reds pups, its the first scean of the movie and then it says 498 years earlier...

Electrictypewriter
12-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Who all saw Final Fantasy advent children? it was awesome.....but didn't show Nanaki's little ones.......any comments?

Yeah, I saw it. :) I was really awsome.
I liked all the parts with Reno in them. xD

Of course it doesn't show RedXIIIs kids. I mean, it takes place 2 years after the game. That scene that you see of RedXIII running with his kids takes place 500 years after the game.

Anniexo
12-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey, you're right! I had forgotten about that. xD
So maybe there was another RedXIII thing (I STILL don't know what he is!:confused:) somewhere.

he's a beast it say so in the booklet that comes with the game

Omnislash07
12-24-2005, 10:54 PM
i got an idea about the whole "how Red XIII had kids" question

someone in the game (i think Bugenhagen) said that Holy would do what it thought was right for the planet. they said that even the humans might disappear if the planet thought they were bad for it. So on that idea maybe the planet thought it needed more creatures like Red XIII so it created more.