PDA

View Full Version : POL error codes >.> they're no fun... Wanna help me out with one?

Singingkitty
12-09-2005, 01:37 AM
Ok, so I'm having a bit of trouble with POL error codes. For those of you who don't know what POL is, it's PlayOnline Viewer for FFXI. I keep getting the error code POL-2059... It disconnects me every time it comes up, so I keep having to log out and log back in literally about every minute. It really sucks... Sooooo... Anyone know what's up? I'm very much open to suggestions to fix this problem. Also, it doesn't just disconnect me from POL. If I'm in the game FFXI, it'll disconnect me from that too. It's a terrible feeling to watch the connection percentage slowly go down >.>... I won't be able to play the game again until I get this all figured out. So anyone who wants to help me is more than welcome. If you want to email me, my email is Dragonlady_hw@hotmail.com. I have my mail set to exclusive, so your emails will go to my junkmail automatically. Please set the subject of your email to "POL Error Code Help" and I will be sure to open it. I check my junkmail daily, so I won't miss it.
Thanks a bunch! ^_^

~Kitty:moomba:

Endless
12-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Are you playing over a wireless network?

Singingkitty
12-09-2005, 10:56 PM
No... the computer I'm playing on isn't on wireless. The one I'm playing with is connected directly to the modem. And it's not like I have dial up or anything, I'm playing on DSL connection T_T I don't know what's wrong

WildRaubtier
12-10-2005, 12:01 AM
Try closing any program that could eat bandwidth. Things like MSN, AIM, IRC, bittorrent and P2P programs.

Miriel
12-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

Croyles
12-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Check the official POL website and a do search with your error code. You should get a list of possible causes and solutions to your problem.
The main POL site is here:
www.playonline.com (http://www.playonline.com)

Singingkitty
12-13-2005, 10:50 PM
I got it figured out! It had something to do with networking... >.> f-ing network.... ANYWAY, we installed a program called Networking Magic (or something like that anyway). It seemed to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your help guys! ^_^