PDA

View Full Version : Will they ever stop with ff 7???

ultimate-dragon
12-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Do you think they will stop with making stuff for ff 7 instead of thinking about the other ff titles:confused:

drew cloud myself

Do not double post. Use the edit/delete button if you wish to add to your post and no one has yet posted after you. ~ Leeza

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
12-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Damn if you drew that yourself (without tracing) you are a pro :eek:
And maybe in a few years.Maybe im wrong.And just so y'all get confused im talkin about ff7

SummonerYuna
12-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Well I like them making things about ff7. Cuz the story is just gr8! l.o.l Plus you draw real good!!:D

Vyk
12-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Their time spent on FF7 Saga isn't hampering anything. They're still making other games. And the things they're making for FF7 right now have been in the works for years. Its not like Dirge of Cerberus should surprise you when it's released. And from the sound of it, that's the end. There's a game on PSP, some cellphone stuff, and DoC. Its everything they had planned from the start of the whole saga thing. And aside from that, I'm captivated by the world of FF7 myself, so I'm happy to re-immerse myself from time to time. Especially with something "new".

Destai
12-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Theyre already working on XIII.

Blank
12-09-2005, 11:00 PM
why bother stop? it's been too good so far. stopping is just stupid.

Ishin Ookami
12-09-2005, 11:53 PM
I wish they would stop. I know alot of people are happy reliving what was their first RPG, but the comic industry tried to do the samething a while back, release a bunch of old school franchises such as Robotech, Voltron, Thundercats, and most of them were just rehashing what had gone on before. The nostalgia thing worked for a year or two, then the adults realized they were paying good money for nothing but rehashes, and the nostalgia thing went belly up. Only the franchises that actually had some thought to them like the GI Joe comics, TMNT cartoon, and Transformers franchise managed to endure afterwards.

Eventually the same thing will happen with Final Fantasy VIImost will get enough, hunger for something new, but square will have backed themselves into a corner by relying on a old franchise. They need continuous outpouring of quality content in order to remain competitive, and the recent console wars have not gone well for them seeing as how they've lost many of their most talented teams and directors. If Square doesnt get some fresh blood, fresh ideas, and fresh franchises out of the gates soon, they are going to become deadweight in their little partnership with Enix (some say they already have) and eventually be kicked to the curb.

I dont want to seem "Anti-Square", I love their old titles too pieces, its just that they sorta lost touch with reality for a while and now they have to rebuild. FFX-2 was utterly pointless save for the T&A, Front Mission 4 I fear killed off one of my favorite franchises, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was a repetitive mess with too little content, Square lost its top gun in Sakaguchi, Amano, and Uematsu is no longer an exclusive composer to square. Seiken Densatsu and the SaGa franchises have both seen better much better days, and Chrono Break merely a fleeting memory, The team behind Xenogears jumped ship, its just a dark time for them as a company. If they think FFVII is going to help them relive their glory days, they got another thing coming as its only going to help them stay in the black for a while longer, and I really hope they got some slick moves for the years ahead because I would like to see them regain some of their former prestige.

Vyk
12-10-2005, 12:08 AM
What the heck are you talking about? The Saga is planned out. When it's done, it's done. No corner to be backed into.

Destai
12-10-2005, 12:15 AM
I wish they would stop. I know alot of people are happy reliving what was their first RPG, but the comic industry tried to do the samething a while back, release a bunch of old school franchises such as Robotech, Voltron, Thundercats, and most of them were just rehashing what had gone on before. The nostalgia thing worked for a year or two, then the adults realized they were paying good money for nothing but rehashes, and the nostalgia thing went belly up. Only the franchises that actually had some thought to them like the GI Joe comics, TMNT cartoon, and Transformers franchise managed to endure afterwards.

Eventually the same thing will happen with Final Fantasy VIImost will get enough, hunger for something new, but square will have backed themselves into a corner by relying on a old franchise. They need continuous outpouring of quality content in order to remain competitive, and the recent console wars have not gone well for them seeing as how they've lost many of their most talented teams and directors. If Square doesnt get some fresh blood, fresh ideas, and fresh franchises out of the gates soon, they are going to become deadweight in their little partnership with Enix (some say they already have) and eventually be kicked to the curb.

I dont want to seem "Anti-Square", I love their old titles too pieces, its just that they sorta lost touch with reality for a while and now they have to rebuild. FFX-2 was utterly pointless save for the T&A, Front Mission 4 I fear killed off one of my favorite franchises, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was a repetitive mess with too little content, Square lost its top gun in Sakaguchi, Amano, and Uematsu is no longer an exclusive composer to square. Seiken Densatsu and the SaGa franchises have both seen better much better days, and Chrono Break merely a fleeting memory, The team behind Xenogears jumped ship, its just a dark time for them as a company. If they think FFVII is going to help them relive their glory days, they got another thing coming as its only going to help them stay in the black for a while longer, and I really hope they got some slick moves for the years ahead because I would like to see them regain some of their former prestige.Theyre already churning out lots of fresh ideas all of which are proving very profitable. The FFXII demo and Dragon Quest have all been claimed extremely good gameplay. Theyre just adding part of there profit to the sequels fans have beem calling for ever since the game was released. Theyre probably at the end of the compilation of FFVII anyway as the compilations director has already mentioned hes giving some thought on how to end it. Its not like theyre solely relying on theyre old games for profits or something like you seem to be trying to suggest. Also theyre putting alot more quality and entertainment into theyre sequels. Dont respond to that last line with your arguments which I've already read. Wether or not you liked the movie majority fans enjoyed it and I know plenty of teenage boys who havent any interest in FF and found AC entertaining.

And you seriously wouldnt believe whats become of the Xeno team.

Vyk
12-10-2005, 12:54 AM
This sorta reminds me of an article in an issue of EGM. I forget what was being discussed. But the whole living off a franchise issue is age-old. I remember them saying something about Ubisoft doesn't put much thought into each Spliter Cell game anymore, as they pretty much have the formula down. They know what the fans of the franchise want and sorta go with the flow. And milking that series gives them the revenue they need to be able to break off into more risky and acclaimed ventures like Beyond Good and Evil. So I'll never balk at a franchise milking. Its not like what happens with the typical movie-game EA makes where it's just patch-work gaming. Square (and in this example Ubisoft) are trying to give the fans of the franchise what they want. The fans get what they want and gladly fund the company. Its win/win except for people that want everything to be perfect. SqareEnix I heard made their first true original (since the merger) game recently, I just read in Play magazine, called Code Age Commanders. Its risky and expensive work to throw money into something completely original. That kind of venture requires money gained from franchises. Games are seriously expensive these days. So you're not gonna get anything like that without a little milking somewhere else to counter-balance the funds. And as long as the milking is also being enjoyed, there's no real reason to complain

Ishin Ookami
12-10-2005, 02:47 AM
You have a point, but I remember a time when square was really fighting tooth and nail with Enix for RPG dominance, and they came out with Front Mission (which was a VERY original concept at the time) seiken Densatsu III with its multi party, multi quest, and lengthy quest with dozens of branching scenario's depending on who you picked to be in your party. The original SaGa Games for Game boy were miles ahead of their Final Fantasy counterparts in terms of storytelling at the time. All the 8-bit and 16-bit final fantasy titles all had dynamic and wonderfully original gameplay systems for their time. Back then originality and creativity were what moved square from a company on the verge of bankruptcy to being neck-a-neck with Enix for RPG dominance. When FFVII (with its simplified controls and easier quest then the average RPG) gave them the international success that always eluded most RPG makers, and threw them to RPG dominance they got a bit soft, and began to lose sight of what made them so successful. I do hope that square still has people on staff that have those creative juices left to them, because I want to see that sort of creativity from them again. If Square just ends up like the makers of Dynasty Warriors, AKA a company supported by a single franchise, I will consider it a great loss to the gaming industry.

Vyk
12-10-2005, 03:09 AM
You can blame the gaming industry itself. Its growing too fast for itself to keep up. Everything's too expensive to keep pushing the envelope. And unfortunately a lot of things that made Square the dominant force they are were never even released outside of Japan. They got bigger and bigger and we saw Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger. Seiken Densestus 3 wasn't even released, despite how popular it is (unless I'm horribly mistaken). Along with some of their other gems of the time, some of which have only recently been translated for our enjoyment u_u (Treasure of Rudras, Treasure Hunter G, Bahamut Lagoon, etc). I don't really know what point I'm trying to make now... I just sorta realized America and other countries get mostly franchise games. Have for a long time. Unfortunately I guess that's basically all Japan's getting now too. So I do see your point. But its not because they can't be innovative. I'm guessing its more because they're afraid to risk finances on innovation. Its sort of cyclical. Capcom milked the heck out of Street Fighter and then we got RE, and they realized they could milk that, and did so, then we got Power Stone and stuff, they milked the others some more and we got Onimusha, something else they added to the milking machines, and then we got Viewtiful Joe. And back to milking x_x; Franchises are just a sure hit. I bet Square's lost a lot more money on the long production of FFXII than the FF7 Saga :/ They're trying to innovate there, when not everyone's as interested in FF as they used to be. FF7 nostalgia gaurantees a vast amount of sales for the Saga of FF7. A lot of people don't plan on even trying XII simply because it innovated and went to real-time combat.

Memoria
12-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Square = company. Company want money.

FFVII = lots of fans. Lots of fans = Lots of money.

Hence, umm, as long as the fans love it... and it sells.. they won't give it a break. 20 years from later, when we're playing FFVII - Aerith's True Escape from Hojo's Lab with her dying mommy, people'd still be buying it!

Fatal Impurity
12-16-2005, 05:02 PM
i agree to a certain extent but i do wish that they would just leave ff7 alone to die and age gracefully...instead of dressin mutton as lamb...