PDA

View Full Version : What is this song!?

nik0tine
12-10-2005, 06:01 AM
I have this song stuck in my head, and now I want to hear it. However, I have no idea what it's called. It's a classical piece so I can't give you the lyrics. I have, however, attempted to write out part of the melody. It isn't 100% accurate but it will give you an idea as to what it is. So, if you know what this is called, I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd tell me. Thanks.

I thought it was Gloria in excelsis deo, but I listened to that and now I'm not totally sure if that is the song I am looking for.

udsuna
12-10-2005, 06:25 AM
Now it's stuck in my head, too. I know the song.... but I don't remember the name.

Noj_R
12-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Uhhh...Minuet in G?

Endless
12-10-2005, 11:10 AM
It's Bach's GWV 191, "Gloria in Excelsis Deo".

fantasyjunkie
12-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Endless is right,we sang it countless times in choir.

bipper
12-10-2005, 02:16 PM
GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOO-OOOOOO- RIA in excelsis deo!

Google the lyrics, sing along at home kids:

Gloria in excelsis deo,
et in terra pax hominibus bonae voluntatis
Laudamus te.
Benedicimus te.
Adoramus te.
Glorificamus te.
Gratias agimus tibi propter magnam gloriam tuam.
Domine Deus, Rex caelestis, Deus Pater omnipotens.
Domine fili unigenite, Jesu Christe.
Domine Deus, Agnus Dei, Filius patris.
Qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis.
Qui tollis peccata mundi suscipe deprecationem nostram.
Qui sedes ad dexteram patris miserere nobis.
Quoniam tu solus sanctus.
Tu solus Dominus.
Tu solus Altissimus, Jesu Christe.
Cum Sancto Spiritu in gloria Dei Patris. Amen.

Bipper

eestlinc
12-10-2005, 09:27 PM
I think you've elided two songs. the first part is from a classical era piano sonata, although I'm not sure by whom. Probably Clementi. The second half is the Gloria melisma from Bach, more well known as the Christmas carol "Angels we have heard on high".

UWAOOOOU
12-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Y'knowthe best way to get a song un-stuck from your headis to get a different song stuck in your head. Okay I'm done sharing.

Noj_R
12-11-2005, 06:08 AM
Lol, I remember now. The midi does sound a little like minuet in G though....

fantasyjunkie
12-11-2005, 07:55 AM
I think you've elided two songs. the first part is from a classical era piano sonata, although I'm not sure by whom. Probably Clementi. The second half is the Gloria melisma from Bach, more well known as the Christmas carol "Angels we have heard on high".
What name would I search for to find the first version so I could download it?(legally of course, :P)

nik0tine
12-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Thank you guys. Thanks to you I have discovered what song(s) this is. The beginning is Bachs Minuet in G, and the latter half did indeed turn out to be Bachs Gloria in Excelsis Deo. Thanks guys. My ears can rest easy now. :p