PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill

Necronopticous
12-10-2005, 08:52 AM
I saw the teaser trailer today, and while it doesn't show very much I have to say it has me extremely excited. I have a feeling we may finally be on the verge of a <B>good</B> videogame-to-film adaptation.

Silent Hill looks extremely promising.

http://koyaaniskaffee.abcde.biz/diverses/shmovie_teaser.mpg

Germ Hamee
12-10-2005, 09:14 AM
I have been waiting for this movie for a very, very long time. I am extremely confident that it's going to end up fantastic. Aside from some charactor changes, it's looking surprisingly faithful. Even if the plot ends up not as faithful as I'd like, all they need to do is nail the atmosphere -- because that's what Silent Hill's really all about. And with the director of Brotherhood of the Wolf on board, along with the game's original soundtrack composer (Akira Yamaoka), I don't think this is going to disappoint.

And I feel even moreso after watching the trailer. My god, does that ever excite me.

Necronopticous
12-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Just the idea of having Pyramidhead in a live action movie excites me.

ShaunOfShadou
12-10-2005, 09:26 AM
I wouldn't get your hopes up too high yet, even with good music (Akira Yamaoka is a god) and directing, the movie might still plummet if the script and acting aren't up to par. I'd love to see a Silent Hill movie myself, but I think we ought to wait for some footage before we can pass judgement.

Armisael
12-10-2005, 10:33 AM
I have a feeling we may finally be on the verge of a <B>good</B> videogame-to-film adaptation.

I have this feeling too.. Though i might be wrong.. ^_^

Dreddz
12-10-2005, 11:11 AM
I dont see this one doing anything special at the moment.....

Giga Guess
12-10-2005, 03:19 PM
I must see this movie! And if it doesn't suffice, I'm gonna have to show them how it's SUPPOSED to work....:p

Aurey
12-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Okay, I admit it, I'm really excited about this. Although, at the same time I'm afraid it will be terrible. :/

But omg, Pyramid Head!

Slothy
12-10-2005, 05:03 PM
I recall reading something about Konami staying pretty heavily involved with this movie. Even doing things like the monster designs. Everything I've read about the movie sounds like they're at least staying faithful to the games style, and that teaser has me pretty pumped. The fact that they at least got that to be reminiscent of the games gives me hope that they're going to get it right.

Shoeberto
12-10-2005, 05:11 PM
That teaser has me excited. I'm hoping for the best.

Lindy
12-10-2005, 05:42 PM
I forsee Silent Hill story with Resident Evil acting.

"No...James...don't open THAT door!"

kikimm
12-10-2005, 06:06 PM

Well it'll be fun to watch either way, I suppose.

I've also been looking forward to this for a long time. Since the next SH isn't coming out for awhile, this will do while I'm waiting.

Germ Hamee
12-10-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm actually not too worried about the acting. I know for a fact Radha Mitchell and Sean Bean are great actors. The only actress I'm worried about is the little girl, but fortunately, she shouldn't be appearing too often.

http://www.musicfromthemovies.com/article.asp?ID=589
^ That also confuses and worries me. That better be some false information. I could have sworn they announced awhile back Akira Yamaoka would be doing the film. >.>

Dreddz
12-10-2005, 07:28 PM
VG-Movies always fall apart from story In My Opinion. I think most have weak storys, there only use to is structure the movie and leads the movie into over blown sequences. RE Apocalipse, I felt suffered most from this.
A game like Silent Hill might sound easy to make, but it surely isnt....

Lindy
12-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Sean Bean? Good actor.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I hope he keeps with his general role in films, around for a short while then leaves/dies. Preferably dies.

Seifer
12-12-2005, 05:17 PM
I thought I was watching a preview for Silent Hill 5. Great stuff.

Shaun
12-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Seen the trailer. Looks like it could actually be good.

Itsunari 2000
12-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Fingers crossed they don't throw in a pack of horny teenagers and a deranged axe-murder to pick them off one by one.

Zell's Fists of Fury
12-12-2005, 08:02 PM
I HAVE WET MYSELF IN EXCITEMENT

Craig
12-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Well now that was 16 seconds of pure pleasure.

Yamaneko
12-12-2005, 09:14 PM

The voice-overs in the original Silent Hill were pretty bad too.

"RADIO!?..."

This looks pretty good.

Croyles
12-13-2005, 08:58 PM
I have been waiting for this movie for a very, very long time. I am extremely confident that it's going to end up fantastic. Aside from some charactor changes, it's looking surprisingly faithful. Even if the plot ends up not as faithful as I'd like, all they need to do is nail the atmosphere -- because that's what Silent Hill's really all about. And with the director of Brotherhood of the Wolf on board, along with the game's original soundtrack composer (Akira Yamaoka), I don't think this is going to disappoint.

And I feel even moreso after watching the trailer. My god, does that ever excite me.

I mostly agree with you, but who knows, the film could quite easily be very very bad. Like the second resident evil, not so much the first. Ugh, how i hate that film