PDA

View Full Version : can some1 help

sephiroth the dark angel
12-10-2005, 03:01 PM
im really sorry about asking these questions but i can't seem to get levels up and im on disc 3 im only lvl 35 with squall and i will be fighting ultimecia soon i also dont know where to get the stone for the scuplture in the shumy village. can some1 help please?

Christmas
12-10-2005, 03:31 PM
To level up. go to the Island Closest To Hell/Heaven. But I suggest you junction your characters properly if you haven't.

"The island closest to heaven" is located just a bit east of the chocobo sanctuary and is shaped roughly like a box.

"The island closest to hell" is west of Deling City and is shaped like a bent cross.

- Blue Stone
Just to the left of the Laguna statue
- Wind Stone
On a boulder just to the left of the hotel
- Life Stone
Tree roots to the right of the Elder's house
- Shadow Stone
At the surface where the ultima draw point is; check every area with
shadow.
- Water Stone
Check the stone the frog is sitting on, then check for it at the
artisan's house (it's used for washing)

After this, the statue is completed. Go to the elder to get a...
PHEONIX PINION!!!!

After the statue is completed and you got your prize, talk to the
Elder's Attendant in the workshop. After this, go to the elder to ask
for more assistance. After this, go talk to the moomba outside.

Follow the moomba and then return to the elder. He'll say that he needs another helper for the completion of the statue. Go back and speak with the elder's attendant. After this, go talk to the artisan. Go back to the elder, and you'll be asked to find a way to convince the artisan.

Go to FH and speak with the grease monkey (lives in a repair shop).
He'll give you a moomba doll. Return to Shumi Tribe Village and talk to the Elder, then the Artisan. He will now help. Talk to the Elder again to get a Status Guard item.

Aeon
12-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Island closeist to Hell is better for EXP but alot more deadly

xarabas
12-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Island closest to hell will help you a lot to level up faster.

Mo-Nercy
12-14-2005, 01:36 PM
im really sorry about asking these questions but i can't seem to get levels up and im on disc 3 im only lvl 35 with squall and i will be fighting ultimecia soon i also dont know where to get the stone for the scuplture in the shumy village. can some1 help please?
Didn't I tell you this before?!

Leveling is BAD in FF8. I know that sounds strange but it's true! Monsters and bosses level up AS YOU DO in this game so the ONLY OTHER WAY OF GETTING STRONGER is to JUNCTION BETTER.

YARGH! http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1436511&postcount=15

benking27
12-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Mo-Nercy is correct. However much you level up your characters, the monsters are right behind you. But whatever. It might be different from the other games but that doesn't mean leveling up will work in this game. JUNCTION BETTER!!!! It's the only way. Except maybe upgrading weapons.

Qurange
12-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Levelling up isn't entirely bad--to a point, it helps you draw more powerful magic and gain more powerful items in battle more easily.

However, if you get good at refining items and magic (playing a lot of Triple Triad helps), you really won't need to do that at all. I kind of like the idea of a low-level game from that standpoint, because you have to refine to get the more powerful magic, and it's interesting from a roleplaying perspective.

As for levelling, if you still have the Garden, the Training Center isn't even an awful place to go; it's safe, it's convenient, and it's nifty. But the Islands and the DSRC are probably your best bet.

Jessweeee♪
12-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Here's what I do (don't do it if you collect cards): after you have the ragnarok teach diablos enc-none. If you haven't already, teach your GFs all of the refining abilities you can (especially card refinery, which requires Card). Refine Odins card into dead spirits and refine those into deaths. refine one of the brother's card (can't remember which) into dinobones and turn those into quakes.

Junction Encounter None and go to the Island Closest to Heaven/Hell. There are tons of drawpoints that fill up quickly (if you go to another island then by time you are done the other should be filled). Really good ones like flare, meteor, and even Ultima!!! Once you have 100 ultimas for at least three party members (it may require some patience, also you can refine ultima stones given to you by defeating ultima weapon) junction them all to elemental defense and you'll be immune to all elements!!!

Other good tips for junctioning: Aura is excellent for Strength. when fighting marlboros, defend yourself against berserk and confuse or you definately die. and...that's it.

Randgris
12-16-2005, 01:05 AM
Other good tips for junctioning: Aura is excellent for Strength.You Junctioned Aura to Str? :confused:

That's weird...

I always thought the best Juntion for Str are Ultima, Triple, and Meteor

SoulTaker*
12-16-2005, 04:47 AM
The BEST place to "Level" up at is by Trabia Garden, Snow lions when beaten give you over 800 battle points, thats basically 1 level every1 1/2 fights, and their amazingly easy, you'll be at level 100 in no time.

Neco Arc
12-16-2005, 04:55 AM
Levelling up isn't entirely bad--to a point, it helps you draw more powerful magic and gain more powerful items in battle more easily.

that what tonberry's LV-Up ability does

and

Mo is correct... Levelling up in the game is not necessary. Although I'm not sure if Omega Weapon levels up alongside with you though...

Qurange
12-16-2005, 06:22 AM
I didn't say that it was necessary, just that it wasn't this awful thing that ruins your game.

sephiroth the dark angel
01-24-2006, 04:51 PM
i just finished the game and i had to admitit was easy after the wierd lion guy all i had to do was use aura on squall and angel wing on renoa and leveling up dosen't ruin your game it just makes battles harder in 1 way and easyer on another of course ff players know what i mean