PDA

View Full Version : What if Layla accually...

Peter_20
12-10-2005, 03:38 PM
...died in the whirlwind?

You know that pretty far into the game, your party gets sucked into that whirlwind, and Layla disappears.
The other characters then scream "Where's Layla?!" and she comes back a little later in the game.
However, what if she accually *died*?
I think that'd be really cool, and it'd add a lot to the dark atmosphere in the game.
First time I saw this thing, I really did think she had died, and it gave me the shivers.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-10-2005, 04:06 PM
As if this game didn't have enough beloved characters dying.

Primus Inter Pares
12-10-2005, 04:24 PM
What'll you do when you get lonely
And nobody's waiting by your side?
You've been running and hiding much too long.
You know it's just your foolish pride.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

I tried to give you consolation
When your old man had let you down.
Like a fool, I fell in love with you,
Turned my whole world upside down.

Let's make the best of the situation
Before I finally go insane.
Please don't say we'll never find a way
And tell me all my love's in vain.

ThroneofDravaris
12-10-2005, 04:31 PM
That version of Layla you gave me truly sucks arse PiP.

To answer the original topic: Does it matter?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Quit spamming or I will ban you.

Peter_20
12-10-2005, 04:32 PM
That version of Layla you gave me truly sucks arse PiP.

To answer the original topic: Does it matter?
What?
I just thought it'd be cool if she died just like that.
It actually felt pretty discouraging, and I thought that fit perfectly to the atmosphere of the game.

Quit spamming or I will ban you.Seriously, use the Quote function.
It's really annoying when somebody talks to someone right out in the air, just like that.

ThroneofDravaris
12-10-2005, 04:44 PM
You don't need to quote someone if it relates to the person directly above you. Although, how exactly was I spamming Kawaii? It was a legitimate question; I don’t see the point in these kinds of threads…

Christmas
12-10-2005, 04:52 PM
What?
I just thought it'd be cool if she died just like that.
It actually felt pretty discouraging, and I thought that fit perfectly to the atmosphere of the game.

The game give me the impression that every 4th(in a sense that excluding Firion, Maria and Guy) member of your team always die until you finally have Leon/Lionheart.

I am glad that Layla make the difference.

Primus Inter Pares
12-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Quit spamming or I will ban you.
You see, REALLY stupid questions require stupid answers, it was quite simply my way of saying "no" in an appropriate way. It wasn't spamming as it clearly was on topic to the extent that my contempt was shown.

EDIT: I got the proper version of Layla now :D

Peter_20
12-10-2005, 05:28 PM
You see, REALLY stupid questions require stupid answers, it was quite simply my way of saying "no" in an appropriate way. It wasn't spamming as it clearly was on topic to the extent that my contempt was shown.Hey, what's so wrong with this topic, all of a sudden?

Primus Inter Pares
12-10-2005, 05:36 PM
*shakes head*

You see, removing MORE characters from the game as Kishi said would really put a strain on the plot, it would have all fallen apart by the end of it, the fact that people *though* that she died adds to the plot, and so her return is unexpected (as other characters don't return). She is a good part of the plot after she returns, so I don't think it would have added anything, most likely made it worse.

The contrast with her coming back and certain characters not doing so also brings about a sense of injustice, which adds more to the dark feeling of the game while if she had died this wouldn't have come about.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-10-2005, 05:38 PM
There's nothing wrong with this topic. It might be deserving of sarcasm if we were overrun with hypothetical questions the way certain kinds of threads become ubiquitous, but we're not. So no one has a good reason to come in here talking crap and belittling this earnest fellow, especially if you can't come up with anything smoother than "who cares lol"

Quit spamming or I will ban you.Seriously, use the Quote function.
It's really annoying when somebody talks to someone right out in the air, just like that.Seriously, regard context.

Peter_20
12-10-2005, 05:39 PM
*shakes head*

You see, removing MORE characters from the game as Kishi said would really put a strain on the plot, it would have all fallen apart by the end of it, the fact that people *though* that she died adds to the plot, and so her return is unexpected (as other characters don't return). She is a good part of the plot after she returns, so I don't think it would have added anything, most likely made it worse.

The contrast with her coming back and certain characters not doing so also brings about a sense of injustice, which adds more to the dark feeling of the game while if she had died this wouldn't have come about.
Well, alright, but it's not like you HAVE to critizice my threads and answers in different really harsh, indirect ways.
I think you at least could leave out that *shakes head* part. :mad:

ThroneofDravaris
12-10-2005, 05:59 PM
There's nothing wrong with this topic. It might be deserving of sarcasm if we were overrun with hypothetical questions the way certain kinds of threads become ubiquitous, but we're not. So no one has a good reason to come in here talking crap and belittling this earnest fellow, especially if you can't come up with anything smoother than "who cares lol"Seriously, regard context.

I’ve seen threads closed on other forums that had more potential than this one. Seriously, where is it going to go from here? We’re talking about a character that gets replaced anyway. Either people will respond with ‘I don’t think it would have mattered’ or they will come up with some over-the-top theory about how her life would cause a Swedish backpacker trekking through North America to find himself suddenly afflicted with a severe case of diarrhea.

But then again, if the administration doesn’t care about this sort of thing then meh…

DJZen
12-10-2005, 07:15 PM
The game give me the impression that every 4th(in a sense that excluding Firion, Maria and Guy) member of your team always die until you finally have Leon/Lionheart.

I am glad that Layla make the difference.

Gordon doesn't die either.

abrojtm
12-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Then we'd have five characters in Soul of Rebirth. By Ricard's death, the deaths were getting pretty anticlimactic.

Crossblades
12-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Peter_18

Leyla doesn't die. She survived and is with Gordon and Princess in Castle Fynn

UWAOOOOU
12-10-2005, 10:14 PM
I think that would make absaloutely no difference. I certainly wouldnt have noticed if she didnt show up later in the game.

Christmas
12-11-2005, 03:15 AM
Gordon doesn't die either.

That remind me, I'm glad that he changed for the better.

vampirepiggyhunter7
12-11-2005, 03:17 AM
True dat

boys from the dwarf
12-11-2005, 08:20 AM
i agree but it would mean you got to play as her in SoR but then thered need some kind of party change.but the characters who died actually had a dramatic scene (especially ricard .) and leila just just dissapearing is a pretty boring death.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-11-2005, 08:49 AM
They wouldn't need a party change for the Soul of Rebirth. They'd just leave out Scott, who wasn't a playable character in the first place.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
12-11-2005, 09:41 AM
If Reila died? Would it matter? I mean, it's not like she has anything to contribute, she just sits there next to the throne... If she died it would piss me off... It would seem like another excuse to get another party member...