PDA

View Full Version : Ape Escape

Destai
12-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Anyone remember this game? I LOVED it. It seemed like it was such a big deal when it came out because you actually "had" to have an analog controller to play it. I own Ape Escape 2 which isnt as good but I have no idea where I can buy the original now. Anyway, anyone else played the game?

bipper
12-10-2005, 06:44 PM
I have a demo of the first :) It was huge fun indeed, though I never played it, only watched others go at it. For PSone era, very innovative indeed.

Dreddz
12-10-2005, 07:17 PM
The third is soon coming, I own(ed) the first. I cant believe I spent £45 ( it was over priced back then ) on that game. Not bad, but I felt it could of been better. I guess back then I judged games on there Box art and Looks......

Madame Adequate
12-10-2005, 07:30 PM
God yeah, Ape Escape was something special. The analogue thing caused interest and hubris, but the game itself was actually a very quality piece of gaming, and loads of fun.

Also, it must be mentioned that while the main game was one-player there were a couple of great minigames which could be played 2-P. Which was an interesting idea, and a nifty one.

Craig
12-10-2005, 11:59 PM
I own the original Ape Escape, it's a great game. Although I played it a couple of months ago, and the kid's accent is TERRIBLE.

kikimm
12-11-2005, 06:50 AM
Yeah, the storyline and voice actign and stuff absolutely suck, but god that game is fun. I've played it through so many times. The happiness that comes from hitting a monkey you've been chasing around forever is quite an experience. ;)

Mittopotahis
12-12-2005, 06:03 AM
I absolutly loved that game. It really appealed to me cause I loved Monkeys and, as you said, it was (one of) the first games which needed the analogue controllers.

I really liked it.

Markus. D
12-14-2005, 12:36 AM
I never got to play it :(