PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

ZeZipster
12-10-2005, 06:44 PM
So, who has it? What do you think of it? Did you pay 800 dollars and give up your soul to get it only to find out it crashes a lot? Or does it work perfectly fine?

Dreddz
12-10-2005, 07:21 PM
I find it painful to know some people have spent 800 $ on this to get home and find it crashes very quickly. I wouldnt buy an Xbox 360 if i was at bullet point.......

xtreme112
12-12-2005, 04:54 AM
i feel sorry for whoever buys an xbox 360, tthey've wasted a lot of money that would've been better spent on supporting the PS.

Tidus Andronicus
12-13-2005, 06:54 AM
I would think we saw this coming but... this is rediculious...
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360-japan-launch-guide/japanese-shops-now-slashing-xbox-360-prices-142368.php
its not selling so great... so 4 days after launch... and its already just $150 in japan... XDXDXD

edit... wth why does l.o.l always come up with that weird "cried out loud thing" now? see-> LOL

Mirage
12-13-2005, 08:08 AM
i feel sorry for whoever buys an xbox 360, tthey've wasted a lot of money that would've been better spent on supporting the PS.
You make me laugh. I'd rather support MS than Sony nowadays. Just too bad the 360 has no games I'm interested in.

Shlup
12-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Someone offered my not-quite-brother-in-law $300 cash for his spot in line. xD

I played his 360 over Thanksgiving. It was pretty cool. There's no games out that I'm interested in though.

Craig
12-13-2005, 01:05 PM
So, everytime my Dad sees this ad for some War game on the 360 (I think it's Call of Duty 2) on TV, he's like "I'd love to play that."

And then I'm like, "Well buy yourself an Xbox 360 then."

And he's like "..No."

True story.

Personally, I don't care for the 360 at all, but my friend does so when Halo comes out I'll just go to his house and spend a few hours unimpressed.

Markus. D
12-13-2005, 01:42 PM
ugh... i keep thinking Shlupster is double posting.

... anyways... X-box 360 sucks cause it wont have DMC4 on it.

Dreddz
12-13-2005, 05:01 PM
I'd rather support MS than Sony nowadays
Most say this, but are going to end up getting a PS3 anyways, I mean, how will we get our FF Love if you end up owning a Rev or 360 ( unless FF goes multi platform )
Although I dislike Sony for scamming customers, Im sure most have had the DRE problem, its sony putting in Dodgy lasers which weaken down after use of the Playstation. And they happily take money from you if you phone saying this is happening. They even got a court case against them.
But the Playstation has always got the better line up of games, and thats what really matters to be honest ...

here for a limited time
12-13-2005, 09:03 PM
nintendo has a ff...........it all started on the nes and snes

Dreddz
12-13-2005, 10:13 PM
the newer installments I mean ....

XxSephirothxX
12-14-2005, 12:01 AM
I haven't gotten one yet; I will in a couple months. But I did spend the night in line with a friend and we've had a lot of fun playing Perfect Dark Zero. I love the Xbox interface and its seamless connectivity to Xbox Live. The Account Recovery process was a bit bumpy, and there are some decisions that seem a bit stupid, such as the inability to copy music from MP3 players. Perhaps this is some sort of copyright restraint; I don't really know. I have a few other gripes with the system, such as the expense of the Marketplace, and the fact that 7 GB of the 20 on the HDD are "reserved" for something. But I'll still buy one because Xbox Live was awesome on the original and is now unparalelled on the 360.

Markus. D
12-14-2005, 12:13 AM
very true.

Rase
12-14-2005, 01:46 AM
If I had the money, I'd definitely buy one. I've drifted more toward First Person Shooter's in general than RPG's in general, and the 360 already has some nice ones on it, in addition to coming ones. Games like Call of Duty 2, Quake IV, and Perfect Dark Zero look like mighty fine reasons for a purchase. I've played one at a demo stand in Target, and Call of Duty 2 played very nicely on it, so I'm sure the others would as well. I'll probably get one within 2 years, once the price goes down and all the kinks are ironed out.

Alixsar
12-14-2005, 05:36 AM
I played one at Gamestop the other day. All the demos looked like the regular Xbox, only slightly better. The controller felt like it was going to break in my hands, and while everyone seems to think that it's great for FPSes for some reason, I didn't like the way it felt. So yeah, screw that. I'm saving up for the PS3 and possibly the Revolution. Probably the Revolution. Nintendo <3

DK
12-14-2005, 05:40 AM
I'm going to wait for the price to drop a bit but i'm definitely going to get one because the Mistwalker games sound awesome.

Samuraid
12-14-2005, 07:24 AM
If I were buying one, I would definitely wait until any hardware problems were completely resolved.

According to a number of online sources, the failure rate of 360s is <= 5% which is wholly unacceptable.

Yew-Yevon
12-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Xbox1=pirate machine

Xbox360=crashing pirate machine
--------------------------------------------------
PS1=game player,cd player

PS2=PS1game player, Ps2 game player, cd player, dvd player

PS3=all of the above PS content and Blue-Ray player
-----------------------------------------------------------

You weigh the balance

Moshenokoji
12-18-2005, 12:04 AM
I hered that.

I'll get a 360 under like one condition. And that is if Square decides to do all it's games on that instead of PS3. Other than that, the only thing that remotely makes me want one is the Mistwalker games.

Rengori
12-18-2005, 12:08 AM
nintendo has a ff...........it all started on the nes and snes
And they've all been released on Sony consoles except FFIII, which I never really cared for anyway.

Yrkoon
12-18-2005, 02:16 AM
xbox 360 thats just a mid powered pc in a small box seriously.

BatChao
12-18-2005, 02:38 AM
xbox 360 thats just a mid powered pc in a small box seriously.

The Xbox 360 is actually very near a current high end PC. I'm not talking the super top-of-the line kind, but still one that is very good. Of course, it helps that the 360 doesn't have to do everything a PC does, but still... it can run games very smoothly at very high resolutions. CoD2 looks great on the 360... just as good as on a PC with all the settings turned up.

That being said, I think the 360 is a pretty good machine... Xbox Live is VERY will implemented, and hopefully Sony and Nintendo will follow suit. Of course, you have to pay for Xbox Live... anyway, there really aren't any must-haves yet for the console, so I won't be getting one yet... I usually wait until a console has five must have exclusives before purchasing one. I think the first must-have coming out for the 360 is DOA4... yea... that game looks rockin'.

Fithos
12-19-2005, 12:10 AM
Are you aware that the operating system on the core system is not compatible with the rest of the system, i was told this by a best buy emplyee.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
12-19-2005, 02:19 AM
I would like to have one but i want a PS3 more.
I have no idea why lol but yeah. A PS3 for next christmas = :heart:

RSL
12-19-2005, 04:52 AM
I won't be getting one. I don't have unlimited funds, and Nintendo and Sony have more games that I want to play.

ljkkjlcm9
12-19-2005, 08:03 AM
my college roomate is one of those crazy people who waited like 8 hours in line to get one. But the thing is, I'm bringing my gamecube back to school and I guarantee it'll get a lot more use than his 360.

I may be an FF fan, but I never got a Sony system, so, I haven't beaten any FF after IX, but you know what, I have FF1-8 on my laptop, so whatever...

THE JACKEL

Cz
12-19-2005, 03:57 PM
The main thing that's keeping me from buying a 360 (besides the reliability issues) is that it does very little that I can't be done on a decent PC. Sony and Nintendo have plenty of exclusive titles that make their consoles appealing, but the majority of decent X-Box games were ported over to other consoles. So it'll be\a Revolution and a new PC for me next generation.

Yrkoon
12-19-2005, 10:47 PM
if a pc isnt top end then its medium range besides its a pc in a box thats why people get problems with overheating an /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif like crashes :P

Atum
12-21-2005, 11:21 PM
I don't see why you all are one sided.I have a 360 but I'll also get a PS3
Why only get one?Why not get both of them?

Rase
12-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Money is the first thing that springs to mind.

JaytodaP
12-22-2005, 03:54 AM
I don't see why you all are one sided.I have a 360 but I'll also get a PS3
Why only get one?Why not get both of them?

My family went poor:cry:

bondj02
12-23-2005, 11:48 PM
I have no money either, but i'm still getting all three. I'm not single sided, i mean, i had PS1 + 2, GB (all), Snes, N64, GC, and PCs, but no Xbox, but i'm still getting the 360. I beleive they all have equal qualities and none are better than others. I hate idiots who think they know what they are talking about "Like, yeah, PS" is sooo much better than Xbox"

Why?

Because they are clueless. I didn't get an xbox because my funds ran out. (I am only 14 :/) but now i have more money, even though i won't be able to afford them at release i will buy them all for different reasons. If they were all the same, why bother?

Xbox 360- Price, (FFXI)
PS3- Specs! (mainstream FF)
Revolution- Ideas, retro gaming (+zelda but that doesn't count)

All are even in respects and i will get them all in order of release. The moment somebody comes up with an argument that can';t be fought i will understand their point. But till then, PEACE

Ecthelion

Reine
12-28-2005, 04:14 AM
It just seems like a rushed console to me, I wasnt a fan of X-Box, and I doubt i'll be a fan of this either

Moshenokoji
12-29-2005, 01:22 AM
The 360 seem does seem rushed. I played my friends for a while, i thought Perfect Dark was pretty cool. The wireless controller is nice if you have the battery pack, cause you can play it while it charges with the USB cable. And on Need For Speed you can plug in like a USB Mp3 player and it'll play songs off that instead of what the game already provides which is cool. Just don't be the kid that sets the power unit on top of the console, it'll melt your disc. And don't move it while it's playing, my other friends sister did that and it ruined Perfect Dark.

AdVincent
02-04-2006, 06:36 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I don't wanna start a new one...

I think you guys are being way too harsh on the 360. The only reason there are so many crashes/bugs in a small fraction of them is because the customers couldn't handle them right. People that are stuck in the cold holding the box, then come home and immediately turn it on before letting it blow off steam? High chance of messing up. People that put the AC adapter in a way that air is unable to come out? High chance of messing up. Only 3% of the crashes are due to actual manufactured errors, and the other 5% is due to human lack of common sense.

The console itself is a fine one. Xbox Live surpasses any feature of a console that I've seen(downloading demos/trailers of upcoming movies/games overpowers Nintendo's plan to download old games in everyway..). The graphics are good. A select few of them aren't good because they are only ports. Was Xbox/Ps2 graphics excellent right off the bat? No, it took time for them to release better looking games because they had to get used to the new hardware and such.

The launch line up didn't have a "killer ap" if you will, but it had a lot of good games. PS2's Launch had maybe 1 killer app and the rest of the games were mediocre/decent. Call of the Duty 2, Condemned, Project Gotham, Dead or Alive are a couple games that are already great hits.

I'm no Xbox fanboy, as I loved my PS2 and Xbox equally in the last war since PS2 filled my RPG, Platformer and Action needs while Xbox filled my RPG(also), Shooter, & Sports needs, I have the 360 and I plan on getting PS3 as well. I just don't think 360 deserves to be bashed like this.

But I will say this, the launch was rushed. They should've waited for more games to be made and let the current games be tweaked on. The Controller is flawless by the way.

Death Penalty
02-04-2006, 08:09 AM
The prob wit the 360 is while the launch may have good apps it has very few games with names that people remember. They bought Rare wich should have gotten the 360 some decent titles but Kameo sucks and is repetitive. If you look at it this way the titles arent all that diverse if they got some ports of games I care about like Zelda or a decent platformer then I would buy it. The prob isnt the system its the games.

Erdrick Holmes
02-04-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm gonna wait till Halo 3 comes out on the 360 before I get one. By then all of the crashes, overheats, and disc destruction will be dealt with and the price will drop. I doubt I'll get a PS3 since it only has one game I look forward to and the price of the 3 will probably bust my balls.