PDA

View Full Version : Lord Of The Rings: The Third age

here for a limited time
12-10-2005, 06:46 PM
my favorite rpg:)

Miriel
12-10-2005, 07:09 PM
I thought it was an action-adventure game?

Psychotic
12-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Final Fantasy X painted to look like Middle-Earth, with 10,000 less cut scenes.

Dreddz
12-10-2005, 07:14 PM
I thought it was an action-adventure game?

No, there was 2 action adventure games, one for the first 2 movies, and the other for the third. I dunno what third age is based upon though.
I guess its an alright RPG, didnt do too bad in terms of Reviews such and such. But how they actually got the LOTR trilogys into an RPG based game is far beyond me......

here for a limited time
12-10-2005, 08:10 PM
its a new story line using the triligy from the movies, but the twist is you start out with new chracters, not aragorn or frodo, brand new chracters:)

Dreddz
12-10-2005, 08:22 PM
hmmm, well, I myself am a bit sick of LOTR's, so I dont think Ill purchise this.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
12-10-2005, 08:46 PM
It's not like the others.... It's MUCH better... good CTB battle system... hate the dwarf though....

Dreddz
12-10-2005, 08:48 PM
It probably is good, or very good, but, even though the movies are good, Peter jackson has made LOTR very old and boring.......

here for a limited time
12-10-2005, 11:55 PM
why dont u buy it, only 20 bucks

Dreddz
12-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Because theres probaby several dozen games that I'd rather have instead of it.......

Yew-Yevon
12-11-2005, 12:19 AM
the 2nd age was the time when Sauron was defeated,the third Age takes place in all three movies and the hobbit...you travle through middle earth during the time when when the fellowship set out- to the end the the thrid movie.

sub zero
12-11-2005, 02:59 AM
the 2nd age was the time when Sauron was defeated,the third Age takes place in all three movies and the hobbit...you travle through middle earth during the time when when the fellowship set out- to the end the the thrid movie.

wrong the eldar days where when morgoth was defeated.the first second and third age are the war of the ring. The first age ended with the destruction of numneor. The second age ended with the last allaince. The third age ended with the destruction of the ring and sauron.
you play as people who are mentioned/met in the book and follow there story from outside rivendale though the mines of moria the battle at helms deep, osgilath then the sige of mina tirith and the final battle againt sauron. whilst beating up wormtonge the wich king and the ring wraths, along the way. beating sauron is pice of piss i put it on hard and still beat him haveing played thought on easiy.

ps you can get secret char if you compleat entire game on hard and start new.

Big D
12-11-2005, 03:33 AM
the 2nd age was the time when Sauron was defeated,the third Age takes place in all three movies and the hobbit...you travle through middle earth during the time when when the fellowship set out- to the end the the thrid movie.wrong the eldar days where when morgoth was defeated.the first second and third age are the war of the ring. The first age ended with the destruction of numneor. The second age ended with the last allaince. The third age ended with the destruction of the ring and sauron.Morgoth was expelled at the end of the First Age; Sauron suffered his first defeat when Numenor was destroyed, and then when Isildur slew him shortly afterward, at the very end of the Second Age. Just thought I'd clear that up.
you play as people who are mentioned/met in the book and follow there story from outside rivendale though the mines of moria the battle at helms deep, osgilath then the sige of mina tirith and the final battle againt sauron. whilst beating up wormtonge the wich king and the ring wraths, along the way. beating sauron is pice of piss i put it on hard and still beat him haveing played thought on easiy.None of the characters are actually mentioned in the books (so far as I recall), since the game had to be based totally on things that are mentioned/portrayed in the movies, for copyright reasons.
ps you can get secret char if you compleat entire game on hard and start new.I heard about that... apparently Haldir joins the team, until his death at Helm's Deep. I played the game on Hard, but never went through it again - I traded it in for MGS3.

The Third Age is a nice game - beautiful design, great scenic and character detail, solid combat system. It's only real flaw is its 'limitedness'. Little character interaction, nearly no NPCs, only a limited amount of exploring to be done. Also, I think there are some odd holes in the backstory of Berethor and Morwen - I've been trying to find a full account of what happened, but haven't succeeded yet. Also, it's never quite explained how the party reaches Barad-Dur to confront Sauron, and how they then escape without being crushed by the enormous falling tower. A little bit more of an ending would have been nice.

Still, I might buy this game again, if I find it at a really low price.

sub zero
12-11-2005, 03:38 AM
Morgoth was expelled at the end of the First Age; Sauron suffered his first defeat when Numenor was destroyed, and then when Isildur slew him shortly afterward, at the very end of the Second Age. Just thought I'd clear that up.None of the characters are actually mentioned in the books (so far as I recall), since the game had to be based totally on things that are mentioned/portrayed in the movies, for copyright reasons.I heard about that... apparently Haldir joins the team, until his death at Helm's Deep. I played the game on Hard, but never went through it again - I traded it in for MGS3.

The Third Age is a nice game - beautiful design, great scenic and character detail, solid combat system. It's only real flaw is its 'limitedness'. Little character interaction, nearly no NPCs, only a limited amount of exploring to be done. Also, I think there are some odd holes in the backstory of Berethor and Morwen - I've been trying to find a full account of what happened, but haven't succeeded yet. Also, it's never quite explained how the party reaches Barad-Dur to confront Sauron, and how they then escape without being crushed by the enormous falling tower. A little bit more of an ending would have been nice.

Still, I might buy this game again, if I find it at a really low price.

er dude have you ever read the book in grate detaile or the war of the ring. in the lord of the rings it says morgoth was around in the eldar days and was expeled in that wich brought in the the first age. second the numorians defeated sauron in middle earth and captured him and took him back to numonor with wich he croruptted the numoreans and the gods/eldar destroyed numenor with 12 ships of the faithfull escaping.

Big D
12-11-2005, 04:44 AM
Ah. I thought that the First Age was the Elder Days, i.e. the time of the Valar, ended by the Breaking of the World. It's been a few years since I read The Silmarillion.

sub zero
12-11-2005, 05:23 AM
dont worry about i mean i get things mixed up all the time like the item cheat in pokemon blue and red.

Yew-Yevon
12-11-2005, 05:42 AM
in the movie, Gandalf reads a record from "the year 3434 of the second age, here follows the acountment of Esildure, high King of Gondor, and the finding of the ring of power."

the 2nd age ended with Saurons fist defeat.

Big D
12-11-2005, 08:34 AM
Since the ruin of Numenor - particularly Sauron's role in it - is barely mentioned in the movies, I'd guess that'd be one of the things they changed. Making the Second Age end with Sauron's defeat at Orodruin would be more logical, under those circumstances.

here for a limited time
12-11-2005, 03:12 PM
ps you can get secret char if you compleat entire game on hard and start new.

serioulsy??? give me the details

sub zero
12-14-2005, 09:01 AM
the secret char is suposst to be haldir and you have to play ALL THE WAY THOUGH THE GAME ON HARD DIFFICULTY SETTINGS then start again. a good trick is to start the game on hard by setting in options befor hand saving then doing the osgiliath section of the EVIL MODE and save the stuff to the new save. it will give you a sword with 2000k damage at the start of the game 2nd best sword ever.

Azure
12-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Me and my friend played this game in co-op mode before and after we went to work on the weekends (a part time job.. wow, thats some time ago :p )

But anyway.. this is the most annoying game EVER. I both hate and like it, but the sheer irratation it caused us. I mean, sometimes the enemy (usually goblins) would have continuous turns and we never got a SINGLE one. So they'd attack, attack, attack, basically until all our characters were dead.

The graphics in some places were amazing, and in others pretty shoddy. Many areas were very repetative, and so were the enemies. The actual battle style was quite fun, and all the moves were pretty and sparkly. The music was very nicely done, and tied in well with where it was used.

I loved most of the characters. Idriel (spelling?) was my favourite and I wanted her and Berathor (that his name?) to get together. :( Stupid Morwen...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-15-2005, 07:10 PM
The only comments I've heard about this game more or less amount to this (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/11/05).

The Man
12-15-2005, 07:22 PM
I haven't played it. But, smurfin lol at the Penny Arcade comic.

~SapphireStar~
12-16-2005, 03:01 PM
It is one of my all time fav games! Seriously it is. I love it cause you feel part of the movie and its the only LOTRS game that is turn based. However not many people like it cause it does have Final Fantasy Xs battle system, allowing you to include all characters in battle, but only 4 at a time.

The voice acting is ok, however sometimes its annoying. What I like about this game is you interact with the heroes and villains from the movies. Also Sir Ian Mckellan (Gandalf) helps you through out the journey with clips from the movie and it is Sir Ian himself, not a voice double!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
12-18-2005, 11:35 PM
<3 game