PDA

View Full Version : Challenge

Cruise Control
12-10-2005, 07:58 PM
All the FF9 hub-bub has got me thinking, and I am now going to start a No Summon/S.Grid/Customization Challenge, any tips (I would like to not be linked to gamefaqs for once). If I do this succesfully, I will run a no sphere-grid, no save challenge *shiver*

rubah
12-10-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm doing a no sphere grid challenge, I'm not quite as ambitious as you.

Then again, I've not played on it for a couple of weeks; hurrah school!

Cruise Control
12-10-2005, 08:13 PM
If you utilize Kimhari, no SG wasn't all that hard. AEON SHIELDS! But yeah, it's the onyl challenge I haven't done, and I'm imagining the horror of fighting evrae right now.

Sain Cai
12-10-2005, 09:16 PM
All the FF9 hub-bub has got me thinking, and I am now going to start a No Summon/S.Grid/Customization Challenge, any tips (I would like to not be linked to gamefaqs for once). If I do this succesfully, I will run a no sphere-grid, no save challenge *shiver*

No save either? Do you plan on playing non-stop? :eek:

Personally I dunno if it is all that healthy for your PS2 to keep it running while you don't play.

Cruise Control
12-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Actually, I was going to do it over christmas break considering my ability to go 3 days with-out sleeping. If it heats up I'll put some ice on it XD

raskerino
12-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Suggestions:
First off initial equipment is easier then no cusomization and sounds just as good so I'd recommend that (if you do make sure to pick up first strike, it's godly).
Getting hasting items is worthwhile. Cactuars in the thunder plains are good for this. When you have Rikku and you consider it safe stealing is very helpful.
Picking up a dark matter early will give you options for the 9999 mixes by Rikku, making Evrae easy. Once you get to the remiem temple Rikku's mixes become easy the tough part is getting there so the tough bosses are:
1. The one before getting Rikku is very difficult, you need a ton of potions and when it starts dropping depth charges you should only attack when you get two turns in a row and have an overdrive.
2. Evrae, but if you spend time getting a 9999 mix it's sinchy.
3. I found the forced fights after Evrae difficult in the NSGIE challenge I started and got stopped because I didn't have enough time, I'll get back to it sometime.
4. Seymour in his second form is made much easier by hasting items and overdrived aeons, he's the last boss before Remiem, meaning once you beat him you'll be able to deal enough damage to kill any boss. But again hasting items are great. And once again because NSGIE allows for firststrike I think it's more fun, because you don't have to get lucky in twenty battles in a row, and you don't have to pray against back attacks.

Sain Cai
12-10-2005, 11:42 PM
wouldn't initial equipment mean you use the starting equipment?

raskerino
12-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Yes, but you can customize it. This makes it simpler to get first strike which is uber.

You can also use brotherhood, because you don't actually change equipment to use it. It's more like never change equipment but it doesn't make much difference. You can't customize the brotherhood, and while it has better attack it doesn't make a huge difference because other characters will be able to do more. Rikku can easily toss 600, Lulu can do more if you're willing to use someone slow as can Auron. Tidus is a good attacker and has high useful speed but the brotherhood is not necassarily more valuable then having a spot to be able to customize.

Halenite
12-11-2005, 03:43 AM
Hey you still have CWs though. That might help, not much though considering you won't have sphere grid advances

TheSpoonyBard
12-11-2005, 03:47 AM
Lulu's One MP Cost + Magic Booster would prove very useful, as would Evade & Counter on Tidus, Wakka and Kimahri. You wouldn't be able to upgrade Auron's weapon though as Capture weapons don't count as initial equipment.

Sain Cai
12-11-2005, 05:50 AM
Here ya go: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/197344.html :p

Just kidding, I think I may start another game and give it a whirl myself. Would loading the al bhed dictionary in the beginning be concidered cheating?

boys from the dwarf
12-11-2005, 08:37 AM
youll need loads of luck and remember to know if enimies have rare items to steal.i dont what your gonna do to beat the game like this but how is this even possible becuase later on in the game enimies can do 1000+ damage to all characters?

Cruise Control
12-11-2005, 11:51 AM
l just accidental ly overwrote my perfect save file. Anyway, I can't summon, or customize remember. Which makes me wonder about BFA & Yunalesca.

Sain Cai
12-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Well you can always do this for those 2, and most upper level bosses:

Use Rikku's mix to create trio of 9999, and pound away

raskerino
12-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Yeah, as Sain Cal said trio beasts and after remiem you have basically 15 free casts.

Also you can equip because it's NC not IE, catching weapons (if it's still possible to beat these enemies) and get some sweet items that way.

Christmas
12-11-2005, 02:58 PM
References. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=50414)

rikkupainegoofydonald
12-12-2005, 12:18 PM
l just accidental ly overwrote my perfect save file. Anyway, I can't summon, or customize remember. Which makes me wonder about BFA & Yunalesca.

OH MY SWEET GOD! Why did you accidentally overwrite perfect save file? It's the mistake, :eek:, I must save every file in my memory card without accident, you must NOT EVER overwrite perfect save file.

Ichimonji
12-12-2005, 02:29 PM
I tried the NSNSGNC Challenge, but I did use the Gamefaqs guide while doing so, and it was still pretty tough. I got stuck at Crawler/Negator for a while even using the guide. I got as far as fighting Sin at the end of the game, and officially acclaimed that it is impossible to beat it. I couldn't do it for the life of me.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-13-2005, 04:00 PM
u can get 99 potions at the start of the game for free. when on the al bhed ship. talk to the guy to get 3 potions. then jump in the water and swim onto the next screen. then go back up onto the ship and talk to him again to get another 3 potions. repeat until u get 99

boys from the dwarf
12-13-2005, 05:45 PM
although it is apperently impossible to do if the info ive sent to necronopticus works(its to do with using yojimbo to beat seymour omnis.) he may get even further. if not good luck on getting to before the aparrently impossible bit(fingers crossed for necronopticus and BBomber.)

KuRt
12-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Ok, I´ve done NANCNSG challenge, some hints I might say are: The most important thing is to load a perfect albhed dictionary to get 99 underdog´s secrets from Rin (for trio of 9999). Also run like hell, Rikku is great because use/steal, use trio of 9999 followed by attack reels, Lulu's fury and blitz ace in bossfights, buy lots of phoenix downs. Also you should keep and eye on the turn meter (the one tjat indicates whose turn is next)

Oh btw, first strike is a great thing in this challenge.. Helps you running away

Cruise Control
12-13-2005, 09:57 PM
OH MY SWEET GOD! Why did you accidentally overwrite perfect save file? It's the mistake, , I must save every file in my memory card without accident, you must NOT EVER overwrite perfect save file.
Well, it was an accident. I had done E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. The only thing I hadn't done was teach Tidus the overdrive mode sufferer. Rikku even knew every mix ;_;

EDIT:

u can get 99 potions at the start of the game for free. when on the al bhed ship. talk to the guy to get 3 potions. then jump in the water and swim onto the next screen. then go back up onto the ship and talk to him again to get another 3 potions. repeat until u get 99Well duh, I thought this common knowledge. I'm about to enter Mushroom Rock area, still no game overs. I beat the Chocobo Eater without pushing off a cliff, the bastard wouldn't fall.