PDA

View Full Version : Breath of Fire II

Halenite
12-11-2005, 03:48 AM
I love this game, but I can't find a decent ROM of it anywhere! All the ROMs I find, the game itself works. Only problem is, it says it saves, but when I restart it, I always have to make a new game!

any help as to where I can find a saving ROM?

Crossblades
12-11-2005, 04:48 AM
Buy the GBA version

Lionx
12-11-2005, 04:51 AM
All i know is, Katt is $@!#ing hawt o_o;

There IS a GBA one out, you can probably get the ROM off places easily O_o..google is your friend.

ShaunOfShadou
12-11-2005, 04:55 AM
I always use save states, much easier than doing it the traditional way, imo.

UWAOOOOU
12-11-2005, 11:49 AM
I have it on GBA and I really like it.

Venom
12-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Yes, I liked it For GBA as well, Does anyone know how to defeat the Buruberry the second time you fight it?

Dreddz
12-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Get the GBA version, but if your money is glued to you or something

google is your friend

The Mighty Sabotender
12-11-2005, 12:49 PM
It's how emulators work that is the problem. Save your game, then save state. Your saved game will be there.

KoShiatar
12-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Use save states. My BOF II ROM used to give me probems as well, such as freezing after battles.

Halenite
12-11-2005, 10:02 PM
meh, to all the people who say buy the GBA version, one problem, I no longer have a GBA. I sold it becuase I never used it.

I'll try the save then save state. Thanks!

xtreme112
12-12-2005, 04:46 AM
Do the save state or save game position, they should work well enough.
and yes this game is awesome. I got to a point that I had all the characters and most of the dragons, then I lost it and have to start again :(

Crossblades
12-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Yes, I liked it For GBA as well, Does anyone know how to defeat the Buruberry the second time you fight it?

Describe him

Sorry I haven't played this game in a while

貴方死
12-12-2005, 05:03 PM
http://bof2.blogspot.com/

The Mighty Sabotender
12-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Does anyone know how to defeat the Buruberry the second time you fight it?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/game/550865.html

NeoCracker
12-13-2005, 02:11 AM
If yoru using snex9x or something like that, you need to find the freeze file setting and set up a place to save your game on your comp

theundeadhero
12-13-2005, 10:37 AM
I get never get passed the musical door at the church like area :(

Markus. D
12-14-2005, 12:30 AM
BoF games are awesome looking till you play them.

Halenite
12-17-2005, 03:32 PM
If you don't like the game, please don't post here.

anyway, the save state does work, but now after I drop Bow off at Niro's. once I'm past the bridge, it always freezes after a single battle and I can't figure out why! I hate this!

haha! I win. I decided to switch to Snes9x. It seems to work better. And it doesn't have those cheats that pop up when the game loads (fortunately, I was too tempted to use them)

EDIT: Please use the edit/delete button instead of double posting. -Murder

Alixsar
12-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Breath of Fire is one of the worst RPG series ever made. I've played 1/2/3/4, and each game was Side Quest: The Game. There is no main quest in each one, it's just an endless series of side quests and occasionally some sort of main villian will appear and then leave and then there's more sidequests. III was almost tolerable, but only because you could starve fairies to death in your fairy village and because the way Ryu transformed was cool. But that's about it. Haven't played Dragon Quarter and have no desire too.

Halenite
12-20-2005, 05:15 PM
How can you possibly say there is no main story? Ok, in II it's rather split up, IV I haven't played enough to determine, but I and III are more story-oriented than some other games I've played.

Lord Chainsaw
12-21-2005, 03:53 AM
I rather liked the story of Breath of Fire II. It represents a conflict of traditional lifestyle values versus bigger and better ideas and doctrines that sound too good to be true (and usually are).

Breath of Fire II represents the ultimate scam and weighs in on the priority of values. It's a game that makes you decide whether it would be in your best interest to forsake your homely belief and adapt to a change simply for the sake of it sounding a bit better off than your current scenario, despite the fact that you will have to renounce everything that defined your old traits. It's about loyalty, and the compromises one must make. All religions cannot offer the greatest answers to every universal question, or else we'd only have one universal religion.

Regarding the villainous party, in Breath of Fire II it is very clear cut. We have a pretty good idea of what the big pyramid scheme is towards the end, and who's on the evil side. Extending the theme to reality will reveal the villain not to be this obvious, but for all purposes of the video game, they do a very good job of using the final boss as the very incarnation of all that is wrong with those zealot scams we see so much every day.

Indulgences? Scientology? Pretty good stuff.

Skarr
12-21-2005, 04:16 AM
It's a good game. Nice story, nice characters, nice plot. I enjoyed it rather heartly. ;P

Halenite
12-21-2005, 09:35 PM
I rather liked the story of Breath of Fire II. It represents a conflict of traditional lifestyle values versus bigger and better ideas and doctrines that sound too good to be true (and usually are).

Breath of Fire II represents the ultimate scam and weighs in on the priority of values. It's a game that makes you decide whether it would be in your best interest to forsake your homely belief and adapt to a change simply for the sake of it sounding a bit better off than your current scenario, despite the fact that you will have to renounce everything that defined your old traits. It's about loyalty, and the compromises one must make. All religions cannot offer the greatest answers to every universal question, or else we'd only have one universal religion.

Regarding the villainous party, in Breath of Fire II it is very clear cut. We have a pretty good idea of what the big pyramid scheme is towards the end, and who's on the evil side. Extending the theme to reality will reveal the villain not to be this obvious, but for all purposes of the video game, they do a very good job of using the final boss as the very incarnation of all that is wrong with those zealot scams we see so much every day.

Indulgences? Scientology? Pretty good stuff.

A little more in-depth than I would've taken it but, ok, that works.