PDA

View Full Version : Im thinking of getting this game

UWAOOOOU
12-11-2005, 05:36 PM
But it looks boring. So why do you think this game rocks and why should I get it?

raskerino
12-11-2005, 08:23 PM
I thought FFT was a pretty good game.

The story is usually considered very strong, I found it pretty good but nothing special. I can say though it is ver linear you go from one place to the next on a line between cities. The characters never grabbed me because there wasn't much development, nor personalities, if you do like a straight out hero type though it could be enjoyable. The villians weren't great either (Wiegraf was very good) but they did have more point then your allies. Motives were somewhat better done but the characters of this game are not it's strong point that comes from gameplay and story. Graphically this is weak now but pleasant looking, I like the chocobos. The gameplay was the thing that kept me playing through it, it's slow and class based, but I really enjoyed moving your force through a field. It doesn't take much strategy most of the time but it's an interesting enjoyable concept that's worth trying. I liked the gameplay most when the field was uneven and there were areas hugely above others that could be used effectively. Overall the game is enjoyable but for me too weak on characters.

This is a view from someone not to into this game, which hopefully will give some contrast to people who normally post in this forum that like this game.

dragon_slayer789
12-23-2005, 04:44 PM
i liked this game ever since i was a little kid and i like just got a new copy cuz my bro broke my old one in half....... well anyway i think tha what raskinero said is right but it is still fun cuz of the game play but i also like the character gafgarion i thought he was well done, but i would have liked to get him bc he had awesome very good attacks

over all the game is cheap to buy and i think it is worth it

BG-57
12-24-2005, 12:56 AM
There was a recent thread about why we liked the game. These reasons can also translate in reasons to get the game so here we go:

1) I like the FF's with flexible job systems: V and X-2. Tactics has the ultimate extension of that. Especially nice is the mixing and matching of primary and secondary skills sets.

2) Breedable monsters.

3) You can get most enemies to switch to your side.

4) A complex, almost labyrinthine plot.

5) Wide range of specialized characters with neat abilities.

6) A large number of subquests and propositions keep you immersed and challenged.

7) Music is nice.

Paninipower123
12-24-2005, 02:09 AM
Great game. Very complicated and detailed story line. If you want to experience how the battles work you can try this out: http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/84042

NOTE: This is not from FFT and is just a taste of how the battles are.

Remon
12-24-2005, 03:04 PM
This game is SPECIAL,AWSOME,FANTASTIC,EXCITING everything.It's the best ff i've ever played except FFX+FFX2 of course

dragon_slayer789
12-24-2005, 04:44 PM
i didnt like ffx2 because there was to much girl power