PDA

View Full Version : Any way to improve load times in Anthology/Chronicles?

Mythra
12-11-2005, 07:11 PM
I have both Anthology and Chronicles, and while they are extremely great games, the load times in both kills the experience for me. I was just wondering if there was any way to improve the load times between the transition from game to the party menu screen. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance :)

KoShiatar
12-11-2005, 09:52 PM
The only things I could think of are:

-Playing them on a PS2.

-Making an image with the CD data (ISO, BIN or other supported formats) and using an emulator starting the game from your hard drive. If you own a PSX or a PS2 and the original game, this is not illegal.

Mythra
12-11-2005, 10:48 PM
I do indeed play them on the ps2, but for example in FFVI, it takes about five seconds to go from the game menu to the party status menu. I know that may not seem like alot but when you are accessing your menu quite alot, it can get rather annoying. Thanks for the advice though

KoShiatar
12-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Unfortunately, that's a very well known fault of the PSX version for Final Fantasy VI. So far, I know of no one who was able to solve the problem. It just sucks.

rubah
12-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Download the roms.

DJZen
12-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Play it on SNES.

Jiro
12-13-2005, 12:58 AM
with the disc? you're kidding right?

rubah
12-13-2005, 01:08 AM
Well, you can play with teh disc if you like. I recommend not, as when you're dressed up as magitek armor trying to destroy a city, it gets hard to hold a small cd like that.

Shoeberto
12-13-2005, 01:15 AM
Pop the cover up and start spinning the disc really fast.

fire_of_avalon
12-13-2005, 01:17 AM
What rubah means is this:

RUBAH:
So I am suggesting
<rubah> that when you come to an FMV, you dress up and act it out
<rubah> and it would be better
<rubah> but since he said 'with the cd'
<rubah> that would imply that
<rubah> you would need to play with the cd
<rubah> like playing with barbie

Mythra
12-13-2005, 01:02 PM
I have the snes version but sadly it does not work. I tried playing it last weekend on my snes and it wouldnt work. I have since then decided just to play Anthology/Chronicles because to me the bonus stuff in those games far outweigh a few seconds of loaing times imho.

Slade
12-14-2005, 04:30 AM
If you have a computer with the internet then just download the Snes emulator and Rom. The speed is much better. I have the PSX version of VI but I usually play the one I downloaded because of the loading times.

Computer -----check
Internet-------check
Your all set! :)

crazymoronx
12-14-2005, 09:20 PM
You could do the SNES ROM route, unless you want those FMVs and special features, then you could do the ePSXe route.

The newer Petes GPU Plugin versions let you fast forward, which is the best thing since ePSXe actually came out.