PDA

View Full Version : Wild Arms

Venom
12-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Has Anyone Played the First Wild Arms? In my opinion its the coolest idea for a video game Ever, whats yer opinion on this Genius Work of Art game?

Dreddz
12-11-2005, 09:39 PM
I didnt get into wils arms much, I bourght it off ebay for £10, i tried to like it, but after a week, still was boring me........we are talking about the original ?

UWAOOOOU
12-11-2005, 09:58 PM
I only played 3. I wanted to like it.I really did. I just didnt.

Halenite
12-11-2005, 10:03 PM
What system was it for?

RSL
12-11-2005, 10:10 PM
I own it. I never got around to beating it as I didn't find it that interesting. I later would buy Wild Arms 3 as it was only ten bucks. Man was that boring.

Tigmafuzz
12-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Better than 3, not as good as 2, but that's only because the sound is kinda scratchy and thew graphics suck. But overall a good game. I should know, I finished it last week. Why did they make Rugu-Ragla harder than Tuvai? That's just dumb. Oh, and Zed had cool battle music, too.

Venom
12-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Dude Ragu Ragla is a side quest, He is the king of beasts, Zeik Tuvai is just a worm thingy with no talent.

Reine
12-15-2005, 09:39 PM
Ive got it, and it doesnt really interest me much..

However, theres a remake on the way..."Alter Code F"

Kawaii Ryûkishi
12-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Alter Code: F came out a solid month ago.

Furthermore, I had the titular line in Wild ARMs..

Reine
12-15-2005, 11:35 PM
Well, it still hasnt come out in PAL (If it even does)

Vyk
12-16-2005, 05:00 AM
I think it was a good idea. Westerns never garner much attention from me. But I've still been fascinated by it. This game made me like a western style. But I never beat it. I can't even remember why I stopped. I think I couldn't get into the enemy's main base from the forcefield or something. The beginning was awesome though. I love split up story lines.

Lord Chainsaw
12-16-2005, 06:31 AM
I wouldn't consider the game anything special. It could have been something special since the western storyline is so different from the normal RPG setting, but they didn't run with it. An action RPG would suit the wild west theme of the game far better than a turn based one. Furthermore, due to the intensity of some of the puzzles in the game, the random battles are very annoying. I often found myself skating around places because I didn't want to fight.

One last thing that bothered me was how quickly the boss fights ended. With the classic cap of 65535 for HP, and Jack's Magnum Flash hitting for 8000+, not even the boss fights were fun.

I did like Zeikfried though. I thought he was a pretty neat character.

Fire_Emblem776
12-16-2005, 08:43 AM
love the ost :)

Craig
12-16-2005, 02:18 PM
Hmmm, the first one was okay. Didn't play too much of the second one and the third one put me to sleep.

Venom
12-16-2005, 02:21 PM
I wouldn't consider the game anything special. It could have been something special since the western storyline is so different from the normal RPG setting, but they didn't run with it. An action RPG would suit the wild west theme of the game far better than a turn based one. Furthermore, due to the intensity of some of the puzzles in the game, the random battles are very annoying. I often found myself skating around places because I didn't want to fight.

One last thing that bothered me was how quickly the boss fights ended. With the classic cap of 65535 for HP, and Jack's Magnum Flash hitting for 8000+, not even the boss fights were fun.

I did like Zeikfried though. I thought he was a pretty neat character.

How did you do 8000 with Magnum Fang?:confused:

~SapphireStar~
12-16-2005, 02:57 PM
I had the very first WA game and bought it in Ireland (whislt on hoilday for £8) and I never completed it, it was so hard! I miss it so much cause I got rid of it awhile back. I played WA2 for awhile, sadly lost that and I got half way through WA3 before giving up cause I got lost in the desert and was wasting ages trying to get back to a town!

Lord Chainsaw
12-17-2005, 05:29 PM
You aren't going to manage 8000 with Magnum Fang off the bat. You're going to need to have Cecilia buff up your attack power first with her ATP increase spell, and then feed Jack all the power apples you find.