PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, Secrets?

Swifthom
12-11-2005, 11:50 PM
On Disc 2 of my first playthough, stupidly missed Leviathon and feeling rightly annoyed about it :mad:
I've just got the Garden under my full control, not yet returned to Balamb though. I don't know much about the games plot beyond where I am, besides the fact the final villain is a woman called Ultimacea and I know there's an argument about whether she's Rinoa or not (please, dont elaborate on this, I really dont want to know, I'll work it out for myself later)...

Anyway, I have heard that some GF's you can get later on in the game affect other ones? Not entirely sure about this but I have heard from someobe that if you get Odin then you miss a movie later on, or was it if you don't get him you miss it? Or was it that if you got Odin you couldn't get Pheonix?
Without giving away plot details, is there anything I need to be aware of that will give me more opportunities or reduce them as I go through the game?

Is this true or is someone feeding me tripe?

Qurange
12-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Just explore everything you can, and don't worry that getting something might deny you opportunities later. Usually, it's exactly the opposite.

rubah
12-12-2005, 12:28 AM
If you wait to get odin in disc 4, you miss out on a GF that you probably wouldn't see more than once anyways.

SoulTaker*
12-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Play the card game, it is key to beating the game.

Zeromus_X
12-12-2005, 12:37 AM
On Disc 2 of my first playthough, stupidly missed Leviathon and feeling rightly annoyed about it :mad:

dont worry, youll be able to draw all of the drawable GFs from the bosses in the final dungeon. (youll have to unlock "draw" first. but youll find out later...)

yes, if you wait till disc 4, you wont get to see odin. (but if you do before that, you get something a little better...starts with a "g" . dont want to spoil it for you...)

you get phoenix from phoenix pinion, you can get that in winhill. (i think you can get there with B-Garden, im not entirely sure...) you get it from throwing the baby chocobo up in the air a few times:D :p (along with some other stuff.)

rubah
12-12-2005, 12:45 AM
You can get odin in disc 4. That's the only way to have him in disc 4.

Zeromus_X
12-12-2005, 12:49 AM
You can get odin in disc 4. That's the only way to have him in disc 4.
oh.

i always thought he got killed by seifer no matter if you got him or not...meh.

SoulTaker*
12-12-2005, 12:52 AM
You cant get Odin on disk 4 can you???

Christmas
12-12-2005, 01:32 AM
You cant get Odin on disk 4 can you???

You can. But Gilgamesh won't appear to replace him.

Randgris
12-12-2005, 05:22 AM
I've just got the Garden under my full control, not yet returned to Balamb though. I don't know much about the games plot beyond where I am, besides the fact the final villain is a woman called Ultimacea and I know there's an argument about whether she's Rinoa or not (please, dont elaborate on this, I really dont want to know, I'll work it out for myself later)...

Anyway, I have heard that some GF's you can get later on in the game affect other ones? Not entirely sure about this but I have heard from someobe that if you get Odin then you miss a movie later on, or was it if you don't get him you miss it? Or was it that if you got Odin you couldn't get Pheonix?
Without giving away plot details, is there anything I need to be aware of that will give me more opportunities or reduce them as I go through the game?

Is this true or is someone feeding me tripe?

Don't wory about Leviathan. He's in Ultimecia's Castle in Disc4. As for Odin, don't get him in Disc 3 (or better yet 2 :D ) and you'll miss getting Gilgamesh (won't tell you how though) and you can get Phoenix by refining:

Mega Phoenix x3 = Phoenix Pinion

via Siren's Tool Ref menu ability.

You can also get one:
*Shumi Village 'stones' sidequest
*Zell's Love Quest
*from the pigtailed girl (who has a crush on Zell BTW) if Zell is in your party talk to her to receive one.
*from Grease Monkey in FH if you help him (this I'm not sure)

Swifthom
12-12-2005, 09:40 AM
So get him now, but I wont hve him in Disc 4 but i might get something better?
And pheonix won't cut me out on anything?

Just checking that's right before I plough on through the game...

Randgris
12-13-2005, 01:10 AM
So get him now, but I wont hve him in Disc 4 but i might get something better?
Yup

And pheonix won't cut me out on anything?Well Phoenix is almost, if not entirely, useless in the game, Ifrit's Hellfire is more damaging than Rebirth Flame (although the Rebirth Flame casts Life on KO'd party members).

Aurora_sword
12-13-2005, 02:09 PM
My friend said that if you have a phoenix pinion is your inventory, if you go game over in a battle, there will be a 1 in 3 chance that phoenix will be auto summoned can casts rebirth flame therefore bringing everyone back to life. Well, I never tested it, but is it true?

Some more secrets

Theres a god in obel lake, you can talk to him, and throw rocks, if it bounces many many times, you can throw a rock at a monkey in a forest near dollet....
Then there's a piece of...thing lying around in balamb beach (you go around pressing X (or O, depends))
Then theres...the UFO, with cows, and pyramids...
Then the chocobo paradise, get a chocobo from chocobo forest in trabia and find your way tot he dense forest between trabia and esthar and there's a sanctuary in the middle (looks like a bump). Then....The GF Doomtrain, you get 6 malboro tentacles, 6 steel pipes, and 6....umm, what was the last one? and then you get a solomon ring from tears point and doomtrain will come.
There's a bird nest on a mountain near timber
blah, there are plenty of secrets

Randgris
12-13-2005, 11:46 PM
My friend said that if you have a phoenix pinion is your inventory, if you go game over in a battle, there will be a 1 in 3 chance that phoenix will be auto summoned can casts rebirth flame therefore bringing everyone back to life. Well, I never tested it, but is it true?
Not 100% sure. No one in my party died all at the same time or at least no one stayed dead for long.

Theres a god in obel lake, you can talk to him, and throw rocks, if it bounces many many times, you can throw a rock at a monkey in a forest near dollet....
Then there's a piece of...thing lying around in balamb beach (you go around pressing X (or O, depends))
It's not a god, it's more like a ghost. Anyway it's the Obel Lake Mystery Sidequest.

Then theres...the UFO, with cows, and pyramids...
Pupu Card Sidequest.

Then the chocobo paradise, get a chocobo from chocobo forest in trabia and find your way tot he dense forest between trabia and esthar and there's a sanctuary in the middle (looks like a bump).
You can get the Chicobo Card if you complete this.

The GF Doomtrain, you get 6 malboro tentacles, 6 steel pipes, and 6....umm, what was the last one? and then you get a solomon ring from tears point and doomtrain will come.
Last item, Remedy+

There's a bird nest on a mountain near timber
blah
Again part of the Obel Lake Mystery Sidequest

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2005, 11:56 PM
About Phoenix's Rebirth Flame. Once you have used a Phoenix Pinion in battle Phoenix can appear at any point thereafter if all your characters are KO'd.

Randgris
12-14-2005, 12:03 AM
About Phoenix's Rebirth Flame. Once you have used a Phoenix Pinion in battle Phoenix can appear at any point thereafter if all your characters are KO'd.
Oh...

OK...

TheSpoonyBard
12-14-2005, 12:05 AM
And by 'thereafter' I don't mean for the duration of that battle, I mean for the rest of the game.