PDA

View Full Version : Illustration

Shimeng
12-12-2005, 09:09 AM
^^ Hiya - thought I'd post one of my illustrations here and see if you guys wanned to give me any constructive critism (don't know how to spell that ^^')

Okay - so the illustration is for my story, "Live Tomorrow".
It's about a year old and kinda sloppy 'couz I'm lazy :P but I like the feel in it and I really wanna know what you think.

The guy in the middle is my rocksinger, Kta - about to go on stage. He has a terrible stagefright.

Croyles
12-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Very good. I'm not an artist so I dont think I can give constructive criticism, but I like it very much. Lovely shading and the expression on the man (is he a transvestite?) is also very good.

Slightly off topic note: What IS that girl doing???
EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like she's putting some sort of bandage on his leg.

Shimeng
12-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Bwuhahahaha! I noticed it now that you mentioned it - her head is placed somewhere where you might misinturputate what she's doing ^^'
hehe - her name's Latasha. She's a fashon designer and Ktas dressmaker (is that the correct term?). She is simply adjusting his clothes ^^'

And no, he's no transvestite ^^'
Japanese rockstars (esepcially if you're talking about visual kei bands ^^') are verry feminin all over.
Proof:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/Shimeng/fotton/kozisamaya.jpg http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/Shimeng/fotton/kiwamu.jpg

Mirage
12-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah exactly, transvestites. :p
Anyway, that's a nice piece of work, how much time did you spend on it?

Shimeng
12-12-2005, 03:55 PM
*pokes Mirage* NO! NO not transvestites! I'd go as far as admitt Mana, and some of the guys in Onmyouza to be transvestites but... Noooo! ^__^ hehe.
It's just a verry delicate style (delicate, yummy stile ^^' heh).

Anyways. Thank you verry much for your nice words!I didn't spend so much time on it as I probably should've - it could've been a lot better in many ways. But I didn't have the heart to tear it a part once I found it again.
It kinda symbolise my feeling of the peroid when I drew it. ^^
Hmmm... let say I spent about one and a half hour on it, if I remember correctly ^^

Kamiko
12-12-2005, 09:55 PM
It's quite good but you concentrated wayyy more on him than anyone else. :D

Shimeng
12-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Yeah ^^' I know... on purpose. He feels like everything fades away around him just before he's about to go on stage ^^' heh
donnu if I managed to capture that, or just make a sloppy drawing...

Kamiko
12-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Well, the concentration of the light was evident but their faces were kind of weird. Oh well, I still like it.