PDA

View Full Version : FF2 - Do you really care for the temporary characters?

Peter_20
12-12-2005, 09:52 PM
I usually don't put too much energy in any "fourth character", especially not Minh and Josef, since they leave pretty quickly.
I usually just throw on them any remaining equipment and let them handle the whole thing as well as they can.
I tend to get Josef a Cure and Fire spell though, but that's about it.

The only character I could say I *really* care for would probably be Gordon.
Yes, he sucks badly in the beginning, and that's exactly why I train him a lot, cuz he's supposed to join me in the Warship, the hardest damn part during the first five hours of the game. :mad:
I boost his HP forever and bring him great equipment.
I even tend to visit Mysidia, just to get him the Flame Spear, and even then I'm having problems in the Warship. :rolleyes2

rubah
12-12-2005, 11:04 PM
I liked them. Except richard. He was sorta weird.

Layla was awesome<3 and gordon was fun.

DJZen
12-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Layla, Minh and Josef are all easy to make into awesome fighters. Gordon and Richard take more work, but I always bother to do it. Then again, I only make my 4th characters fighters with no magic.

boys from the dwarf
12-13-2005, 07:19 AM
come on. richard is the first ever dragoon and his death is pretty awesome. in this game though nearly everybody dies so the characters that die are worth remembering.i care for the extra characters and i like their back story and deaths and just the stuff about them.

Fireblade13
12-13-2005, 08:53 PM
I like most of the 4th exept maybe Gordon. Minh is my favorite even though I don't use his magic because I need Frionel to level up

Peter_20
12-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Minh was great.
He was this game's equivalent to Tellah, IMHO.
He really knew his white magic. :love:
"Change" was pretty useful every now and then. ;)

Memoria
12-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Mindu, Leila, and Gordon were all taken care of in my party. Well, Mindu actually took care of the party... I'm sorry, I played Origins, so I know them by that name. But now as I'm working on the Jade Passage, I spend a whole hell of a lot of time trying to build up Leon.

I got Leila a backup Thunder spell. Wait, she had that... never mind. That's the only spell I let her use, and it got powerful...

Slam Dancin' Moogle
04-06-2006, 09:54 PM
COME ON! Josef was the coolest character ever. It's just sad how he died...

I do level up Minh, since you do have him for quite awhile.

Ricard was my 2nd favorite character, just because he was a dragoon, and I love dragoons, but Monks come first.

DarkLadyNyara
04-06-2006, 11:07 PM
It's just sad how he died...

I thought it was pretty funny...

marc
04-07-2006, 02:23 PM
I liked them all except for Josef.
He was just plain gay.
Even thought he had a daughter.

Crossblades
04-08-2006, 11:26 PM
They were all cool, especially Minwu and Richard

Slam Dancin' Moogle
04-09-2006, 05:38 AM
Damnit. I say Josef should have died fighting, not being run over by a boulder. but then again, that would have been expected.

Er, well, currently, I have Gordon, and I have to say he's not bad, just stick him with a Mythril Sword and some spells and he's pretty good.

Peter_20
04-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Er, well, currently, I have Gordon, and I have to say he's not bad, just stick him with a Mythril Sword and some spells and he's pretty good.I always handed him a Flame Spear. :D

Zeromus_X
04-29-2006, 08:15 PM
I dunno, Lyla's pretty electrifying. *booed off stage*

But anyway, Lyla and Richard are the only ones I really cared for. I guess Joseph was cool too. :cat:

Reine
05-03-2006, 06:35 AM
I bother in DoS only, because of SoR....I actually only discovered that they carried over stats afer id gotten Ricard, so I levelled Ricard up tons..and SoR still was damn hard!

Sjorn
05-06-2006, 07:48 PM
I just train Layla really... she seems to be in your party the most.

blacknoir_619
06-05-2006, 01:30 PM
yeah laylas cool i gave her a bow and put her on the back row and she can deal some serious damage without being touched becoz now shes got an ice bow which ive been training her with, she does more damage that the rest of my team but her magic def. isnt great:p

Auragaea
06-07-2006, 02:44 AM
Leila is really the only guest character that you get to keep for a long time. Hence, she's the only one I bother really leveling up. Gordon is also someone I like to concentrate on because as Peter_20 said, you have to use him at a hard part in the game.

Slam Dancin' Moogle
06-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah, if you haven't leveled them up well and you're playing SoR, I feel sorry for you. Does anyone have Scott's Stats? Are they picked at random?

Masamune·1600
06-17-2006, 05:09 AM
Does anyone have Scott's Stats? Are they picked at random?

Scott's stats are predetermined, probably to compensate for anyone who neglected to level up the other SoR characters. Scott starts with 700 HP and 100 MP.

As to the initial question, none of the characters (including the permanent ones) received enough development for me to "care" about them to any great extent. In terms of training, it varies from game to game.

Sefie1999AD
06-17-2006, 11:48 AM
I cared for all of the temporary characters and did my best to level them up well. Richard was especially a tank with his spear and good defence. Fortunately I leveled him up since Souls of Rebirth was extremely hard, and fortunately you can save anywhere there. I died every 2nd battle or so until I got Richard to join my party, and it was still very tough after that.

TurkSlayer
06-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Wierd, everyone keeps talking about how crappy Gordon was, but I didn't have that much trouble training him into a good character.

Anyway, Minh and Layla are my favorite characters, so yeah I care about them. I didn't like Josef, and Ricard was okay. I liked Gordon a little though.

gigames08
06-23-2006, 09:39 AM
I hate Gordon. You feel so sorry for him, and then he sucks. Spear?! Why does he come with a damn spear!? NO SPELLS?! He looks like a bard, for god's sake. He should at least know Cure, shouldn't he?

Velocity Eleven
07-01-2006, 11:50 AM
I never bothered with any of them, until i got Lionheart back