PDA

View Full Version : Spiggen Awesome free MMO

Markus. D
12-12-2005, 11:23 PM
www.silkroadonline.net

I like this mmorpg, because not only do they have a unique skill build tree so you can be very unique battle wise.

the equips are uber sexy and you will love it because the enviroment is set in the orient.

the community is alright aswell.

and also, if your say a vendor comeing travelling from a distant town, thiefs may spring up from nowhere and attempt to assassinate you, or, they might tail you to town, then kill everyone.

muahahaha.

if anyone wants to play with, give Takasent a whisper on Xian server.

I roleplay a blind dragoon.

Captain Maxx Power
12-13-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm sceptical of any game that asks you to "Sing in", but I'll download and give it a try none-the-less.

Markus. D
12-13-2005, 06:38 AM
you are kind of limited at the start, but once you get to lvl 20, people can attack you, and you can attack them.
and you will have to use combo chains aswell for extra damage while fighting monsters :)

Tidus Andronicus
12-13-2005, 07:00 AM
wow... that looks very nice. o_o... and I've been playing quite a few mmo games over the last 2 years... @_@

Looks like Kal Online... cept it seems much much more nice looking/colorful...

So how long does it take to lvl up? as long as its not like some games I've played...(killing thousands of monsters to gain just 1 dang lvl... -_-)

And you say this is free, right? as in free to play forever... (with extra features you can buy? XD)

Markus. D
12-13-2005, 10:47 AM
its free foreeeeverrrrrr.

im lvl 12 or 11 so far... brought a neat Vincent-esc cape.

the lvling i have found.... lets say its quicker then maple story :P

depends where you train ovcourse... all of the enemies look deeply created (A floating tombstone and a possessed straw doll are 2 of them 0_o)

they are creating other races that were involved in the Silk Road pilgrimage aswell, like the europeans and etc....

Necronopticous
12-13-2005, 10:56 AM
The Engrish on this website is amazing, I'm excited to try it out.

Markus. D
12-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Ive decided to join the art of thievery when I am lvl 20, and spend my time springing attacks on travelling merchants with others, muahahaha!!!!!

Epiphany
12-13-2005, 12:09 PM
This is one game I've been looking at, and when I beef up my comp a bit more(so I don't lag like crazy) I'll be playing it. 'Til that time comes I'm playing Ferentus. (www.ferentus.com)

Markus. D
12-13-2005, 12:56 PM
yeah, you need a pretty good comp to run it.

the graphics in most aspects are better then GWs.

KuRt
12-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Oh Em Gee it looks awesome. how large is the game map? is it like you can walk from end to end in like 15 min or 5 hours?

Anyways, I´m getting it.

Markus. D
12-13-2005, 01:57 PM
you could try walk from every edge to of the world... im sure something here or there will kill you.

edit: *becomes SRO addict*

edit edit: if you wanna play on the same server as me and Natt (Thailand friend of mine), make a character for Xian server, then add Takasent.

Epiphany
12-13-2005, 02:32 PM
I could run it as is, but with a considerable amount of lag. I should be getting my GFX card for Christmas, so after that I'll most likely play it.

KuRt
12-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Ooookkay, now this is really starting to piss me off. I downloaded the game for 2 hrs and when I try to run the installation program I just get an error: "Message string error" so what the hell does that mean?

Dreddz
12-13-2005, 04:55 PM
I was hoping you were talking about a game of the Anime Spriggan :(
I dislike MMORPG's in general ....

Tidus Andronicus
12-13-2005, 06:01 PM
edit edit: if you wanna play on the same server as me and Natt (Thailand friend of mine), make a character for Xian server, then add Takasent.

What luck, i actually did join on the Xian server... although I dont know how much I will play XD...

my first impressions, are great graphics... although even on my awesome PC... (which appears to be becoming not awesome XD) radeon 9800... with the settings on High, I seem to be experiancing a lower frame rate... but meh, frame rate isn't all that important. XD

Captain Maxx Power
12-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Let me just give you a run down of what happened for my first hour of gameplay:

20.01 : Tried to log on, servers apparently "Overburnened". Game drops

20.02 : Get logged on, create a new character. Am bamboozled by Enrish descriptions of the characters. Apparently one bloke got kicked out of his family for having disgraceful tattoos. Quite.

20.03 : End up in town, attempt to work through extremely bad grammer. Lose patience, ignore starting text, leg it into town

20.05 : No idea what I'm doing, go to kill some things that look like the wickerman with boards nailed to their foreheads

20.11 : Get some reading material while I rack up the experience points. I level and am underwhelmed by the massive array of two (count 'em, two) stats to distribute my points between. Man this is complicated.

20.12 : Look at skill tree, get confused. Try to max out the weapon skills.

20.16 : Enough farting about, time to get me some proper equipment!

20.17 : Erm...where's the equipment store?

20.20 : Find some general bloke who tells me to go running around town

20.40 : Dear God in heaven that took a long time! Why are these towns so bloody big. Actually, this game looks suspiciously like Biosfear and Martial Heroes...

20.45 : Proceed to kill some more wickermen at the whims of general. Get some reward apparently. I know have some +3 copper armour thingies. Arm deilies.

20.54 : Well you don't kill rats, but you do kill weasels. Old weasels to be precise. It's...unsurprisingly dull.

21.15 : Finish up, head to town, get another quest asking me to kill about a half score of water ghosts in the north. Lose will to live. Turn the bloody thing off.

Conclusion: Yet another bog-standard Korean MMOG with little more to offer than pointless level grinding. At least in GW you get advanced PvP. Now where's my aspirin.

Markus. D
12-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Let me just give you a run down of what happened for my first hour of gameplay:

20.01 : Tried to log on, servers apparently "Overburnened". Game drops

three servers open, one abot to be open, with me giving in a word for it, no wonder they are :p.

20.02 : Get logged on, create a new character. Am bamboozled by Enrish descriptions of the characters. Apparently one bloke got kicked out of his family for having disgraceful tattoos. Quite.

Korean to Eng translation, no worse then my spelling.

20.03 : End up in town, attempt to work through extremely bad grammer. Lose patience, ignore starting text, leg it into town

erm?

20.05 : No idea what I'm doing, go to kill some things that look like the wickerman with boards nailed to their foreheads

Level grind, quest, bleh... and there charms, not boards... make your own story by role playing with others.

20.11 : Get some reading material while I rack up the experience points. I level and am underwhelmed by the massive array of two (count 'em, two) stats to distribute my points between. Man this is complicated.

1 is based on magic offence defence etc... other is str, its the skills that are in depth.

20.12 : Look at skill tree, get confused. Try to max out the weapon skills.

you are wasteing points :P

20.16 : Enough farting about, time to get me some proper equipment!

yes sir! :D

20.17 : Erm...where's the equipment store?

Mrs Jang sells clotheing.

20.20 : Find some general bloke who tells me to go running around town

thats nice....

20.40 : Dear God in heaven that took a long time! Why are these towns so bloody big. Actually, this game looks suspiciously like Biosfear and Martial Heroes...

*shrugs*

20.45 : Proceed to kill some more wickermen at the whims of general. Get some reward apparently. I know have some +3 copper armour thingies. Arm deilies.

great :) once you are level 5 go and train elsewhere.

20.54 : Well you don't kill rats, but you do kill weasels. Old weasels to be precise. It's...unsurprisingly dull.

go kill something else, they dont give much exp anyway.

21.15 : Finish up, head to town, get another quest asking me to kill about a half score of water ghosts in the north. Lose will to live. Turn the bloody thing off.

yay :) with that attitude... yeeesh....

Conclusion: Yet another bog-standard Korean MMOG with little more to offer than pointless level grinding. At least in GW you get advanced PvP. Now where's my aspirin.

but you never got to test out the PvP, you cant judge till you have experienced it for yourself.

edit: Look at the thumbnail, im the one behind the frost-bit person, holding the red spear.

Epiphany
12-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Wow that DOES look like Martial Heroes. And I uninstalled Martial Heroes after about 15 minutes of playing.

Markus. D
12-14-2005, 01:50 PM
0_o....