PDA

View Full Version : omega weapon

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 12:06 AM
im about to challenge him for the first time and all i want to know is, will 'Shell' reduce the damage from his megido flame?

im not looking for a strategy guide, i just dont want to have to worry about defending or summoning a GF before he uses it. im going to have a super super speed stat so shouldnt have a problem healing after every attack. plus im armed with megalixers i refined from bahamut

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2005, 12:10 AM
Megiddo Flame always deals 9,998 damage, so Shell would be useless.

You could use Shell against Meteor, Gravija (maybe) and Ultima though.

Captain Maxx Power
12-13-2005, 12:10 AM
No it won't. Nothing can block Megido Flare apart from a GF. Terra Break can of course be famously blocked using defend. Also make sure you have auto-haste and the ATB set to it's lowest to maximise on your time.

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Megiddo Flame always deals 9,998 damage, so Shell would be useless.

You could use Shell against Meteor, Gravija (maybe) and Ultima though.

sorry its his terra attack i meant. i know it deals enough damage to kill of your party but i dont want to worry about defending it with the defend command or summons incase i miss. id rather reduce the damage and heal if i can

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2005, 12:17 AM
For Terra Break use Protect, Defend or Invincible (Hero/Holy War type items or Invincible Moon).

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 12:19 AM
For Terra Break use Protect, Defend or Invincible (Hero/Holy War type items or Invincible Moon).

phew, im glad i asked :eek: i automatically presumed it was a magic spell and needed shell to reduce the damage. so i should be fine if i equip auto-protect thats good

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2005, 12:24 AM
No harm in asking. I forgot to mention that Terra Break ignores your Vit stat.

Randgris
12-13-2005, 12:34 AM
No harm in asking. I forgot to mention that Terra Break ignores your Vit stat.
OMG!!! :eek:

Really? It ignores Vit?

Waaaaaaaaa!!! :crying:

So, so trying to raise my Vit to 255 is pointless? :cry:

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2005, 12:36 AM
Pointless for Terra Break, yes, but it is still useful in other battles.

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 12:37 AM
okies i have another question. if i have auto potion equiped but only have elixers in my inventory, will they use elixers on themselves?

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Never tried it, but I assume it would only use potions. X-Potions are easy enough to come by.

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Never tried it, but I assume it would only use potions. X-Potions are easy enough to come by.

hmmmm they would do, but then does omega use any status attacks? with auto potion and only x-potions, i would never have to stop to heal

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2005, 12:47 AM
The only status Omega can inflict is Death via Lv5 Death, so Elixirs would be useless. Junction 100 Deaths to your ST-Def before you fight him.

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 12:49 AM
The only status Omega can inflict is Death via Lv5 Death, so Elixirs would be useless. Junction 100 Deaths to your ST-Def before you fight him.

yeah got that one covered :D i got wiped out by a level 5 death after fighting all those cactaurs yesterday and had to do it again. in fact the same thing has happened to me on ffv and a similar thing on ffvii. ghey instant death attacks :mad:

Randgris
12-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Have you tried the cheapest trick to kill Omega Weapon?

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2005, 12:54 AM
Selphie's The End? Yes, it works.

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 12:55 AM
Have you tried the cheapest trick to kill Omega Weapon?

i havnt attemted him yet, i just wanted to make sure i didnt make any silly mistakes. im not touching invincible items :(

Randgris
12-13-2005, 01:04 AM
i havnt attemted him yet, i just wanted to make sure i didnt make any silly mistakes. im not touching invincible items :(
Well without the invicibility items it would be dificult, if not damn impossible to beat him. Well you can beat him with Selphie's The End though.

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 01:17 AM
Well without the invicibility items it would be dificult, if not damn impossible to beat him. Well you can beat him with Selphie's The End though.

dont worry, i'll get him ;)

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Good luck, hope something I've said helps you out. I'm off to bed.

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 01:23 AM

night dude, you probabley helped loads

Randgris
12-13-2005, 01:37 AM
It's night? Well you ARE across the globe from me. :rolleyes2

England... It's albeit far ain't it? From here that is.

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 02:00 AM
i defeated the worlds strongest monster, omega weapon in ultimecias castle. i am the finest fighter in the world :)

bow down to me tbh :P that was a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif load of fun to do. Lionheart reigns supreme, and thank god almighty for megalixers.

:D

Randgris
12-13-2005, 02:11 AM
i defeated the worlds strongest monster, omega weapon in ultimecias castle. i am the finest fighter in the world :)

bow down to me tbh :P that was a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif load of fun to do. Lionheart reigns supreme, and thank god almighty for megalixers.

:D
Sorry to burst your bubble but most of us who already played FFVIII, beated Omega Weapon several times already... :sweatdrop

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 03:02 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble but most of us who already played FFVIII, beated Omega Weapon several times already... :sweatdrop

lol yeah but i missed him first time round and those are the moments i live for :)

but i want to do it without limit breaks next coz they hugely simplified that battle

Randgris
12-13-2005, 03:14 AM
but i want to do it without limit breaks next coz they hugely simplified that battle
OMG!! :eek:

Are you serious? I mean he'd be dificult, if not, too damn impossible to defeat without uisng Limit Breaks.

Try chopping off his 1,161,000 HP, takes ages to complete. :sweatdrop

Also add the fact that he has 255 Str and Mag. :sweatdrop

Good Luck to your no Limit Break against Omega strategy.. I'd call it suicide, its like slashing your throat with a safety pin. :eep:

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 03:22 AM
OMG!! :eek:

Are you serious? I mean he'd be dificult, if not, too damn impossible to defeat without uisng Limit Breaks.

Try chopping off his 1,161,000 HP, takes ages to complete. :sweatdrop

Also add the fact that he has 255 Str and Mag. :sweatdrop

Good Luck to your no Limit Break against Omega strategy.. I'd call it suicide, its like slashing your throat with a safety pin. :eep:

but so long as you heal regulary he cant kill you so just hack away. Meteor was doing good damage on him, so i just need to junction ultima to magic, add mag+60% and cast triple on my party. hed take 9 meteor spells a turn, so just junction triple to speed and auto-haste on, should then hopefully get about 15 meteor spells a turn. would still take a while but it wouldnt be impossible. ive got a feel for the battle now so i should be able to pull it off. would be similar to taking emerald or ruby without materia, long battle but no more difficult :)

Randgris
12-13-2005, 03:37 AM
but so long as you heal regulary he cant kill you so just hack away. Meteor was doing good damage on him, so i just need to junction ultima to magic, add mag+60% and cast triple on my party. hed take 9 meteor spells a turn, so just junction triple to speed and auto-haste on, should then hopefully get about 15 meteor spells a turn. would still take a while but it wouldnt be impossible. ive got a feel for the battle now so i should be able to pull it off. would be similar to taking emerald or ruby without materia, long battle but no more difficult :)
But gotta watch out for his fearsome Terra Break though... :sweatdrop

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 03:39 AM
But gotta watch out for his fearsome Terra Break though... :sweatdrop

thank god for protect spells :) hey i might just take of the GF command too. an all magic approach thatd be interesting :P

Mo-Nercy
12-13-2005, 11:15 AM
You could probably chip his health away and use more or less the same strategy if you want to do no limit breaks. No invincibility is a pretty good challenge if you ask me. That means no Holy Wars, Heroes or Invincible Moon.

Though it's definitely possible to win without limit breaks, without faithful Armageddon Fist, I'd probably die of old age before Omega bites the bullet.

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 12:21 PM
You could probably chip his health away and use more or less the same strategy if you want to do no limit breaks. No invincibility is a pretty good challenge if you ask me. That means no Holy Wars, Heroes or Invincible Moon.

Though it's definitely possible to win without limit breaks, without faithful Armageddon Fist, I'd probably die of old age before Omega bites the bullet.

i already did him without invincibility :rolleyes2 like id be that cheap. on my first try too :tongue: emerald took over an hour without materia, and he had 1,000,000HP so omega would be much the same i imagine

Ultima Shadow
12-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Great to see another person beat him without cheap items and "The Cheat" for a change. :)

Also, no limmit breaks will only be time consuming, not hard. If you want a REALLY hard Omega Weapon challange, then try him without and junctioning except "command junctioning". The commands like "Items", "Magic", "GFs" etc is the only kind of junctioning that you're allowed to use... AND with the least powerful weapons AND without mega-elexirs or hero items... and of course no "The End".

Note: The no-junctioning except "command junctioning" thingy means that you'll have to be level 99, not 100. However... if your characters already are at level 100, I guess you could make that small exception and only junction death's to your stats-def, or else it would be impossible. :cool:

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Great to see another person beat him without cheap items and "The Cheat" for a change. :)

Also, no limmit breaks will only be time consuming, not hard. If you want a REALLY hard Omega Weapon challange, then try him without and junctioning except "command junctioning". The commands like "Items", "Magic", "GFs" etc is the only kind of junctioning that you're allowed to use... AND with the least powerful weapons AND without mega-elexirs or hero items... and of course no "The End".

Note: The no-junctioning except "command junctioning" thingy means that you'll have to be level 99, not 100. However... if your characters already are at level 100, I guess you could make that small exception and only junction death's to your stats-def, or else it would be impossible. :cool:

have you done him like that?? i cant think of how i could possibley damage him without increasing my stats through either %+ or junctioning magic. is he vunerable to demi maybe?? triples and demi could work but other than that i honestly dont know. also without 9999HP it seems i wouldnt survive his first megido flame. maybe if i had used STR-up or HP-up etc when leveling up but im afraid i relied on junctioning too much

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Devour the following enemies (Lv30+) many, many times

HP +10: Ruby Dragon
Str +1: T-Rexaur
Vit +1: Adamantoise
Mag +1: Behemoth
Spr +1: Malboro
Spd +1: Pupu (one time only)

or use the refining trick to get lots of stat up items.

Try this one:
GF-Abil Med Ref
Giant's Ring x10 = 1 Gaea's Ring
Power Wrist x10 = 1 Hyper Wrist
Vit-J Scrolls x10 = 1 Orihalcon
Orihalcon x10 = 1 Adamantine
Hypno Crown x10 = 1 Royal Crown
Force Armlet x10 = 1 Magic Armlet
1 Dark Matter = 1 Luck-J Scroll

Forbid Med Ref:
1 Gaea's Ring = 1 HP Up
Hyper Wrist x10 = 1 Str Up
Adamantine x5 = 1 Vit Up
Royal Crown x10 = 1 Mag Up
Magic Armlet x10 = 1 Spr Up
1 Hundred Needles = 1 Spd Up
1 Luck-J Scroll = 1 Luck Up

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 03:15 PM

or use the refining trick to get lots of stat up items.

your having a giraffe aint ya!!!! all the work so i can take each stat up by ONE!!!!!! i'll pass, i could play through the game and level up properly in the time it would take to do that

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Squall can only gain a maximum of 93 points extra if he were to use Bonus abilities from Lv7-100, so you're going to have to use one of those strategies if you want to maximise his stats without junctioning. It'll be harder for other characters as they start at higher levels.

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Squall can only gain a maximum of 93 points extra if he were to use Bonus abilities from Lv7-100, so you're going to have to use one of those strategies if you want to maximise his stats without junctioning. It'll be harder for other characters as they start at higher levels.

hmmmm the game was designed for use of junctioning so a max stat through leveling would make the junction system pointless.

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2005, 03:25 PM
The game was also designed to have players run through the storyline, not spend weeks on end Devouring enemies.

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 03:28 PM
The game was also designed to have players run through the storyline, not spend weeks on end Devouring enemies.

true but i dont play the game more than once for the storyline. there are parts which can be fun to watch over and over but i usually play a second time for the actual gameplay. like challenging omega by giving myself handicaps etc. speaking of which-im halfway through a battle with omega now without limit breaks and when im done, im seriously considering trying to beat him with a single character

TheSpoonyBard
12-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Jolly good. Have fun, and let me know how it goes. Use Quistis :D

Christmas
12-13-2005, 03:34 PM
true but i dont play the game more than once for the storyline. there are parts which can be fun to watch over and over but i usually play a second time for the actual gameplay. like challenging omega by giving myself handicaps etc. speaking of which-im halfway through a battle with omega now without limit breaks and when im done, im seriously considering trying to beat him with a single character

Did I post you the link to Ultima Shadow's threads about his challenges, I already did, right?

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 03:44 PM
It wasnt at all time consuming actually. Everything junctioned to magic combined with triple and Meteor allowed for 18 Meteors a turn (with triple on speed of course) which resulted in about approx 80,000HP between his attacks. Had to sit through alot of Meteor spells but seriously wasnt any harder without limit breaks.

only downfall was im a hell of a lot of meteor spells down now

Ultima Shadow
12-13-2005, 07:34 PM
have you done him like that?? i cant think of how i could possibley damage him without increasing my stats through either %+ or junctioning magic. is he vunerable to demi maybe?? triples and demi could work but other than that i honestly dont know. also without 9999HP it seems i wouldnt survive his first megido flame. maybe if i had used STR-up or HP-up etc when leveling up but im afraid i relied on junctioning too muchYes, I have. And no, no stats boosting abilities while leveling up should have been used either.

or use the refining trick to get lots of stat up items.Geez... You're not supposed to do that for the Omega challange, though. It's just pointless to spend hours raising your stats like that when you just can use junctioning. The very point with the "no stats-effecting junctioning" is that you'll have a great stats dissadvantage.

And, yes... it IS possible. There's 2 ways to survive Medigo Flame, 2 ways to survive Terra Break.

Also, as for solo Omega, I've already done that too. ;) The only thing you really need to worry about is to time the GF summoning correctly before Omega uses Light Pillar.

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Yes, I have. And no, no stats boosting abilities while leveling up should have been used either.
Geez... You're not supposed to do that for the Omega challange, though. It's just pointless to spend hours raising your stats like that when you just can use junctioning. The very point with the "no stats-effecting junctioning" is that you'll have a great stats dissadvantage.

And, yes... it IS possible. There's 2 ways to survive Medigo Flame, 2 ways to survive Terra Break.

Also, as for solo Omega, I've already done that too. ;) The only thing you really need to worry about is to time the GF summoning correctly before Omega uses Light Pillar.

i was just discussing that with my brother. i was trying to decide if it was even worth trying if i couldnt get past his light pillar. But i wasnt sure summoning a GF would take the damage. I'll put some thought into a no junction challenge, if theres a way, im sure i'll find it

Ultima Shadow
12-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Yeah, it's possible to block the dammage with GFs. And the slower the summoning countdown, the better. You'll also have to beat Omega before all your GFs are used up. Th HP of the GF doesn't matter when blocking Light Pillar. It will always take all the dammage and leave your character unharmed, even if your GF only have 1 HP left when it's hit by Light Pillar.

Also... if you want, I can tell you exactly how the no junctioning thingie is done.

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah, it's possible to block the dammage with GFs. And the slower the summoning countdown, the better. You'll also have to beat Omega before all your GFs are used up. Th HP of the GF doesn't matter when blocking Light Pillar. It will always take all the dammage and leave your character unharmed, even if your GF only have 1 HP left when it's hit by Light Pillar.

Also... if you want, I can tell you exactly how the no junctioning thingie is done.

yeah definitley dude. i just gave it a shot and lasted three turns. i wasnt fast enough. he cast level 5 death, i cast triple on my party then he used meteor and followed straight up with megido flame. wiped out

Ultima Shadow
12-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Oh, and you'll actually need Rinoa's Limmit Break "Invincible Moon".

Anyways... to defend against Medigo flame, try to get Invincible Moon or, if you don't get any Invincible Moons, block with GF's.

Use the "Defend" command for Terra Break whenever you're not under the effect of Invincible Moon.

In the begining of the battle, cast "Tripple" on a character and then immediately Hastex3 with that character. This will give you a small speed advantage over Omega that you normally won't have. Start the battle Rinoa at low health so that she'll be able to use her Limmit Breaks from the very start.

In order to dammage Omega effectively, you should only give Rinoa Meteor and protective spells and use Angel Wing with her. This will, however, prevent you from casting "Invincible Moon" until Rinoa dies and is revived. You should obiviously use Meltdown on Omega as well.