PDA

View Full Version : Which Five (FFIV)

abrojtm
12-13-2005, 05:00 AM
So when you play the FFIV Advance ending the first time through, which four characters will you use in your party, and for future validity (after the game is released), which four characters did you use the first time you beat the game?

Takara
12-13-2005, 05:03 AM
On my first playthrough, I plan to use the original 5; Cecil, Rosa, Kain, Rydia, and Edge.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
12-13-2005, 05:27 AM
Having Palom and Porom sounds neat...

Dignified Pauper
12-13-2005, 06:44 AM
I want to use FuSoYa simply because he can be a mop... but since he's already on the moon... I guess I'll have to choose from crappy characters like Yang, Tellah, Porom, Palom, and Cecil. What a stupid party, I know. I may change one of the twins out for some spoony bard.

StormyV
12-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Edge, Spoony Bard, Yang, Kain and Cecil. That sounds like a right sausage fest doesn't it?

RIP - Magic.

I played a few times through where I hacked Edward in for Cecil. I made him ambidexterious and made harps 1 handed. He's not bad with some of the higher level daggers (which go unused if he isn't around).

By the end I went nuts and gave him an unlimited number of those Deathwind Surikens in each hand. Haha.

Sasquatch
12-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Why the hell would you use Edward? He sucks, and the bastard hides every time he's low on HP.

Why the twins? You already have a better White Wizard (Rosa) and a better Black Wizard (Rydia) that can also call Summons, and the Twin attack won't be worth using both of them, especially when you have Holy and Flare/Meteo.

The first time through, I'll probably use the originals. After that, I probably won't change it much, unless I can get Golbez.

Crossblades
12-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Cecil
Kain
Rydia
Palom
Yang

StormyV
12-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Why the hell would you use Edward? He sucks, and the bastard hides every time he's low on HP.

Why the twins? You already have a better White Wizard (Rosa) and a better Black Wizard (Rydia) that can also call Summons, and the Twin attack won't be worth using both of them, especially when you have Holy and Flare/Meteo.

The first time through, I'll probably use the originals. After that, I probably won't change it much, unless I can get Golbez.

Edward SUCKS?! Seriously, in the past 14 years I never once noticed! *sarcasm mode off*

You know, life isn't always about choosing the easiest path; especially if you've taken said easy path 15 times already.

Call me stupid, call me a defeatest, call me a spoony bard....

abrojtm
12-13-2005, 09:37 PM

Porom is actually pretty much a better White Wizard. Palom learns his spells earlier than Rydia, but he cannot summon. Boast can be rather useful though.

KoShiatar
12-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Kain
Kain
Kain
Kain
And Rydia.

Woops, think I cannot have that? =P

Tempest
12-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Kain
Kain
Kain
Kain
And Rydia.

Woops, think I cannot have that? =P
Too bad though, huh. I'd choose the same thing but, Cecil has to be there so it'd be:
Kain
Kain
Kain
Kain
and Cecil.

Sasquatch
12-14-2005, 01:48 AM
I'd have to go with Rydia, Rydia, Rosa, Rydia, and Rydia. Though, I might have to replace a Rydia (maybe Cecil, Golbez, Kain...FuSoYa?), because that way I could have a Rydia in the middle and on top and bottom. And Rosa's only there to heal.

I just like when she's in the middle and steps up to summon, and she's like the tip of the spear, the top of the triangle, that the characters make. I'm just weird like that, I guess.

How is Porom a better White Wizard than Rosa? And which spells does Palom learn earlier than Rydia? I've never used them in their higher levels, so I wouldn't know. I've also never used Boast too much, but I highly doubt that could be more useful than Summon.

Dignified Pauper
12-14-2005, 01:53 AM
How fantastic will it be if Golbez becomes a playable character.

Captain Maxx Power
12-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Solo Edward. Seriously, I'm going to do the Final Dungeon AND all the optional dungeons with no one but Edward at the helm. Spoons at the ready, it's time to get some Bard!

Coming 2006

Dignified Pauper
12-15-2005, 01:54 AM
you'll end up deader than dead. Edward's HP is simply horrendous.

TurkSlayer
12-15-2005, 03:11 AM
Edward, Cecil, Rydia, Porom and Kain or Yang, I haven't decided.

I'm serous about Edward. I've dreamt of using that spoony bard since the moment I lost him to the sea..:cry:

abrojtm
12-15-2005, 03:55 AM
How is Porom a better White Wizard than Rosa? And which spells does Palom learn earlier than Rydia? I've never used them in their higher levels, so I wouldn't know. I've also never used Boast too much, but I highly doubt that could be more useful than Summon.

Well the stats are much better:

Palom:
Level 70 stats:
Str: 33 Agil: 30 Vit: 40 Wis: 75 Will: 23

Porom:
Level 70 stats:
Str: 23 Agil: 33 Vit: 28 Wis: 22 Will: 75

Rydia:
Level 70 stats:
Str: 36 Agil: 33 Vit: 34 Wis: 63 Will: 54

Rosa:
Level 70 stats:
Str: 48 Agil: 32 Vit: 42 Wis: 22 Will: 71

And Palom learns his spells much earlier than Rydia... Porom-not so much.
Palom:
(Initial): Fire, Ice, Bolt, Poison, Sleep
LV11: Piggy, Ice 2
LV12: Fire 2
LV13: Bolt 2
LV14: Stop
LV19: Bio
LV22: Toad
LV23: Quake
LV26: Drain
LV29: Dejon
LV32: Ice 3
LV33: Fire 3
LV34: Bolt 3
LV36: Break
LV40: Osmose
LV46: Death
LV48: Tornado
LV50: Meteo
LV52: Flare

Porom:
(Initial): Cure, Libra, Sight, Slow, Hold
LV11: Life
LV12: Protect
LV13: Cure 2
LV15: Silence
LV18: Berserk
LV19: Exit
LV20: Esuna
LV23: Blink
LV25: Confuse
LV29: Shell
LV31: Mini, Dispel
LV33: Cure 3
LV38: Haste
LV40: Float
LV44: Reflect
LV48: Cure 4
LV52: Holy
LV56: Life 2

Rydia:
(Initial [after growing up]):Bolt 2, Fire 2, Ice 2, Bio, Dejon, Fire, Bolt, Ice, Piggy, Poison, Sleep, Stop, Toad
LV32: Osmose
LV36: Drain
LV39: Ice 3
LV42: Fire 3
LV45: Bolt 3
LV47: Quake
LV49: Break
LV51: Tornado
LV52: Death
LV55: Flare
LV60: Meteo

Rosa:
(Initial): Cure, Libra, Sight, Slow, Hold
LV11: Life
LV12: Protect
LV13: Cure 2
LV15: Silence
LV18: Esuna
LV20: Berserk
[Tower of Zot]: Exit
LV23: Blink
LV24: Confuse
LV29: Shell
LV30: Mini
LV31: Dispel
LV33: Haste
LV35: Float
LV36: Wall
LV38: Cure 4
LV45: Life 2
LV55: Holy

So yea, overall Palom is a much better (pure) Black Mage.
Porom is only better statwise.

Captain Maxx Power
12-15-2005, 02:28 PM
you'll end up deader than dead. Edward's HP is simply horrendous.

Don't be so sure. Beyond level 70 characters have different stat gains. For Edward that would be:

Level 70 stats:
Str: 42
Agil: 41
Vit: 26
Wis: 28
Will: 28

Edward/Gilbert can get:
str, agil, vit, will, wis -1
str, vit, wis, will -1
str, agil, vit, will +1
agil, vit, wis +2
str, agil, will +3
str, vit, wis, will +4

So I'm hoping that he turns out to be an utter powerhouse after level 70. Considering my stats will be 96 for Strength, 96 for Agility, 98 for Vitality, 99 for Will and 93 for Wisdom. This should equate to:

19 levels of +3 to Strength, Agility and Will
10 levels of +4 to Strength, Vitality, Wisdom and Will

That'll give me 96 in Agility, 99 in Strength, 66 in Vitality, 68 in Wisdom and 99 in Will. Since multipliers are more important than the base numbers I'd prefer to "max" Agility rather than Vitality and Wisdom. Of course I don't know what bonuses Edward's "uber gear" will give so these may be subject to change. I've got to get through the game first. Either way Strength and Will are going to be maxed.

Nasarian Altimeros
12-15-2005, 04:06 PM
The level ups after 70 might have changed you know.

They should make it so you can get a Dark Knight back in your party, not Cecil, but a new character. Hmm, limited Black Magic as well as Dark Wave, and new equipment, as well as the ability to equip Adamantium Armour?

FFIV is my fav FF game, i went hard out playing it, more so than any others (Yet I still havent finished a single FF game -_-)

But I would probably take the initial five at first, seeing as I still havent finished that dungeon, and Cecil, Cid, Porom, Kain, and Edward (Ive always wondered just how strong he can get)

Andreil, using a gameshark, put characters like Edward and such back in his party an levelld them up like mad, Edward, with an Admantium Armour equipped, wasnt too bad, but you had to keep his HP high. Hopefully they remove this in FFIV Advance (After the Giant of Babil, they should keep it for the first time you have him)

Reine
12-15-2005, 08:00 PM
On my hacked Playstation file, I had

Andrel (Dark Knight) with some decent armour forced on him by hacking
Kain
Cecil
FuSoYa
Tellah (Abuse the Soma Drops!)

Tellah also had the Adamant to make up for his stats (Yes, I got the Adaman legitimately!)

However, in this version, I'l try Cid, Yang, Kain (Is Jump affected by row? cant remember) Cecil and Porom/Rosa

Bah, only a few mages to choose from!

Captain Maxx Power
12-16-2005, 12:30 AM
OK I just found out the stats for Edward's "Ubergear". FYI this doesn't include Adamant Armour.

Apollo's Harp (Edward)
Strength +15, Agility +15, Spirit +15.

Red Jacket (Edward)
Resist Fire, Strength +15, Agility +15

Red Cap (Edward)
Resist Fire, Stamina +10

That gives +30 to Strength (irrelevant since you always get 99 strength with the decent level ups) +30 to Agility (MUCH better), +15 to Spirit/Wisdom (again good) and +10 to Stamina/Vitality (and so on). Taking this into account my level-ups should look more like:

9 levels of +3 to Strength, Agility and Will
20 levels of +4 to Strength, Vitality, Wisdom and Will

Which if my calculations are correct should result in 99 Strength, 98 Agility, 99 Vitality, 99 Wisdom and 99 Will :D Go go Ubar Edward!!!

Sasquatch
12-16-2005, 01:22 AM
Here's a question. If you get the Rat Tail and thus Adamant, why the hell can't you tell the blacksmith "don't worry about the sword, I want the armor"??? You get a better sword than that anyway.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-16-2005, 01:30 AM
The armor requires a Pink Tail, not a Rat Tail.

Dignified Pauper
12-16-2005, 03:23 AM
furthermore, the lunar dungeon has even more stuff for edward and the entire party.

Alexander
12-16-2005, 02:48 PM
My team would be

Palom
Rydia
Porom
Rosa
Cecil because he is required

or maybe Tellah can substitute Rosa/Palom/Porom. XD

RIP - "Fight" command. XD

And I'm not too much into those LvUp things, but even Edward can get 99 Str with LvUps? O_O

And what is Dejon? ;_;

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Degeon is what's commonly referred to in the American games as "Warp" or "X-Zone."

Memoria
12-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Dude, I wasn't aware that you'd be getting characters back. I need to look up stuff again.

Umm, I think I'd keep the orignal party except for Edge. I didn't like him at all and it took him forever to steal that stupid Dark Matter in the one for Chronicles. I just couldn't keep the little /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif alive. Every other ninja character besides him in the FF series is useful. ><

So that means, Cecil, Kain, Rosa, Rydia, and Tellah. Because a white mage, a black mage summoner, and a double mage sounds great when paired with Cecil and Kain.

Alexander
12-16-2005, 07:17 PM
In the end of game, Tellah isn't restricted to 90 MP anymore.... right? o.o/

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Tella stays dead. C'mon, people.

Alexander
12-16-2005, 07:23 PM
I forgot he dies. No, really. I need to replay FFIV. And now. @___@

Back on topic... exactly when do you get Palom, Porom, Yang and the Spoony Bard back? And at which level they are? oo'

Sasquatch
12-16-2005, 07:24 PM
The armor requires a Pink Tail, not a Rat Tail.

That's the point. Either Tail, you take to the collector guy, and he gives you Adamant, right? The first set of Adamant is used to temper the Legend sword, while the second piece of Adamant is used to make armor. I wish we could just say "screw the sword, make me the armor".

Memoria
12-16-2005, 07:29 PM
That's the point. Either Tail, you take to the collector guy, and he gives you Adamant, right? The first set of Adamant is used to temper the Legend sword, while the second piece of Adamant is used to make armor. I wish we could just say "screw the sword, make me the armor".

And then use the Ragnarok/Crystal Sword instead? Hmm. I think that would be a decent trade, as its hard to get good Armor for Cecil, IMHO.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-16-2005, 07:42 PM
I forgot he dies. No, really. I need to replay FFIV. And now. @___@

Back on topic... exactly when do you get Palom, Porom, Yang and the Spoony Bard back? And at which level they are? oo'You get access to all the characters just before the final dungeon. That's why you can't get Fusuya, either, since he's kickin' it in the Lunar Subterrane with Golbeza at that point.

abrojtm
12-17-2005, 05:51 PM

I thought that by giving him the Pink Tail, the midget automatically gave you the armor, no forging involved.

Alixsar
12-17-2005, 07:18 PM
As long as you use Kain you'll win. Kain = win, remember that.

Alexander
12-18-2005, 02:00 AM
I've also never used Boast too much, but I highly doubt that could be more useful than Summon.

If Vivi at FFIX can deal huge loads of damage by using Focus (dealing more than a powered-up Bahamut), I think that Bluffed Meteor > Non-Bluffed Meteor or Bahamut, at FFIV.

I still want to test in in the end, though. XD