PDA

View Full Version : Windower

BlitzOn
12-13-2005, 09:58 AM
i was in a disquss on my server yesterday, and i told them that i want to use windower but, "thats CHEATING not allowed ffs!" thats what they told me, oh well why is this cheating? can understand if its cheating cuz the alt+tab funktion is very important i think..why cant SE fix a "alt+tab script" then? i dont have the guts to download it now..this game requires allakhazam, killingifrit etc!...

anyone?

Miriel
12-13-2005, 10:04 AM
It's a third party program and Squeenix has a blanket ban over all these types of programs whether they actually help a player cheat or not.

And also, the original windower was just that, a windower. But now the windower has a BUNCH of extra stuff, like the ability to see party member's TP and such, that does make windower a program that allows players to cheat.

Anyway, I still use windower cause it would be a huge pain in the ass not to. I just don't deal with a lot of the superfluous stuff Windower comes with these days.

Rostum
12-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I wish S-E just made their own damn Windower. That's all everyone really uses it for, save a few that use all those extra features on the new version of it.

There's no real way for them to detect you using a Windower. Or at least they won't check / can't check, unless you go around telling people you are using one. I say just use it and don't tell anyone - it's a very usefull feature to be able to look up forums / help sites while playing.

Lionx
12-13-2005, 04:46 PM
So far there is no way to my knowledge they can detect windower, however you must know that the windower has been out for a little while now, and they didnt give a crap about it before it start implimenting how much shadows you have or how much % of HP the mob has or how much TP everyone in your party has. Having the displays and add-ons is what makes it illegal now, not the windowing out function. I use one, but only to window out and i disabled the TP and HP% thing. I just wanna window, i dont agree with the add-ons as much.