PDA

View Full Version : Shuyin with Action Replay?

iluvLeene
12-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Hi all! i was talking to my friend yesterday and he said that if you use an Action Replay you can unlock Shuyin. I asked him for proof and he told me that Terror of Zanarkand costs 32 MP and Shuyin starts at level 1 with 20 HP but he gets strong soon. Cany any1 confirm this because i am thinking of getting an Action Replay!

Mo-Nercy
12-13-2005, 12:47 PM
To my understanding of how gamesharks etc. work, you can only work with what's already in the game.

For example, in FF7, you can use a shark to give you Sephiroth in your party because at some stage, Sephiroth was actually in your party. You can't change his weapon or armour or materia though, because those functions weren't put into the game. I'm sure you remember not being able to fiddle with Sephi's stuff in the Equip menu.

In FF8, you can get Seifer or Edea permanently through a shark because they too were usable at some stage. And in FF9, Beatrix can be made permanent as well because she and Steiner at some point teamed up.

Do you see what I'm getting at? Shuyin was never a usable character in FFX-2. So he wouldn't be able to be unlocked with Action Replay. Sharks don't CREATE game data, they just shift it around. Unless a Level 1, 20 HP Shuyin exists already in the game (which it doesn't) you won't be able to get such a thing.

That's my understanding of it. I'm not too sure myself to be completely honest. But it DOES sound like a load of crap.

Christmas
12-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Anyway, in the international version, you can get Tidus in your party. Just make do with it.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
12-13-2005, 01:15 PM
Tidus in your party in the international, SIGN ME UP!!!

boys from the dwarf
12-13-2005, 05:49 PM
probly with a ton of hacking though because without cheating there is no hope of nromally getting tidus.

Renmiri
12-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Anyway, in the international version, you can get Tidus in your party. Just make do with it.
Really ?

Cool!!!!

Where ? At Shinra's tower ?

look_out_below
12-14-2005, 02:32 AM
I heard you could get Seymore a permant place in your party in FFX (and apparently this can be done without cheating or gameshark but i have never tested it) but i have never heard of getting Shuyin, or Tidus for that matter, for your party in FFX-2.

Christmas
12-14-2005, 03:10 AM
What is Creature Create?

Create Create is a unique attribute to Final Fantasy X-2:
International where you are able to search Spira for
creatures to capture. Once you've captured one, you are
then able to use them in normal combat or in tournament
mode, however, you are not able to control their actions,
only able to train them to get stronger by learning new
abilities and auto-abilities.

10. Farplane Cup

Entry: Free
Requirements: Win all 9 preceeding tournaments.

Monsters you'll fight:

Elder Drake
Mount Mai Mai
Master of Spira: Subete wo Suteshimono
Trema
Seymour
Auron
???? (Tidus)
Major Numerus

Prizes:

Captures-
Auron: will join once defeated
Seymour: will join once defeated
???? (Tidus): will join once defeated

Markus. D
12-14-2005, 08:21 AM
you can get almost anyone and anything with international.

edit: Christmas, you forgot to mention they have there own chapters to complete :)

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
12-14-2005, 10:11 AM
I heard you could get Seymore a permant place in your party in FFX (and apparently this can be done without cheating or gameshark but i have never tested it) but i have never heard of getting Shuyin, or Tidus for that matter, for your party in FFX-2.

Yeah, I put him in mine... but why, he can't use the sphere grid and his stats and spells will slowly become less and less strong to the point where Seymour can't even fight in a regular battle without being KOd

Mo-Nercy
12-14-2005, 10:54 AM
I heard you could get Seymore a permant place in your party in FFX (and apparently this can be done without cheating or gameshark but i have never tested it)
Nope. :mad:

Terror of Zanarkand costs 32 MP
Terror of Zanarkand is an OVERDRIVE. It wouldn't cost MP even if it was possible to unlock Shuyin. Your friend's a crummy liar.

Venom
12-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Liars are Bad!:mad2:

Rhi
12-14-2005, 05:02 PM
I heard you could get Seymore a permant place in your party in FFX (and apparently this can be done without cheating or gameshark but i have never tested it)

how?

boys from the dwarf
12-14-2005, 07:52 PM
with action replay you can get seymour to stay on your team but it would be dodgy fighting seymour with seymour on your team(on FFX that is not FFX-2).

Jessweeee♪
12-14-2005, 10:28 PM
you can't really get shuyin or tidus on your team, but with a lot of hacking i'm sure you could get yuna rikku or paine to look like them.

rikkupainegoofydonald
12-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Hi all! i was talking to my friend yesterday and he said that if you use an Action Replay you can unlock Shuyin. I asked him for proof and he told me that Terror of Zanarkand costs 32 MP and Shuyin starts at level 1 with 20 HP but he gets strong soon. Cany any1 confirm this because i am thinking of getting an Action Replay!

So why be a cheater? You couldn't get Shuyin or Tidus in FFX2 INtl', get YRP in FFX2 instead of FFX2. What a shame, Terror Of Zanarkand is the same as Blitz Ace. :(

Jessweeee♪
12-17-2005, 10:49 PM
So why be a cheater? You couldn't get Shuyin or Tidus in FFX2 INtl', get YRP in FFX2 instead of FFX2. What a shame, Terror Of Zanarkand is the same as Blitz Ace. :(

umm, what?

Omi4000
12-19-2005, 08:19 AM
yeah ok action reply ya don't need shuyin what would be better is to have lenne in your party

Venom
12-19-2005, 10:12 AM
How about having a real character, Like Sephiroth.:D

Memoria
12-19-2005, 08:22 PM
How about having a real character, Like Sephiroth.:D

Or keeping Aerith alive?:mad:

mega_tonberry
12-19-2005, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=look_out_below]I heard you could get Seymore a permant place in your party in FFX (and apparently this can be done without cheating or gameshark but i have never tested it)

The only way I know how is with a cheat disk. It really messed up my game when I did it though.

Rhi
12-20-2005, 08:59 PM
lol