PDA

View Full Version : That forgotten GF

Aurora_sword
12-13-2005, 02:18 PM
That Lost GF topic reminded me of something, although quite unrelated from its actual content.

Remember Selphie once said she used to posses a GF when she was little but forgot its name. Do we ever get to find out who that GF was?

*looks at future esthar with one eye*

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 02:36 PM
That Lost GF topic reminded me of something, although quite unrelated from its actual content.

Remember Selphie once said she used to posses a GF when she was little but forgot its name. Do we ever get to find out who that GF was?

*looks at future esthar with one eye*

i cant recall, but i reckon it was ramuh. i mean hes in the same ranks as shiva and ifrit and usually appears where they do. of course their is no evidence to back up my theory. but she was hardly going to have something like bahamut now was she

Aurora_sword
12-13-2005, 02:40 PM
well, she could have something even less fancy like...chocobo?

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 02:43 PM
well, she could have something even less fancy like...chocobo?

would she forget its name if it was a chocobo :S

i always thought chocobos when summoned were just nearby and came to aid. i never really thought of them as espers, aeons or gaurdian forces

Aurora_sword
12-13-2005, 02:49 PM
well, in FF7 It was a summon (together with mog).
chocobos are useless in FF8 anyway, unless maybe if you have a pocketstation, which....virtually no one has.

Christmas
12-13-2005, 03:02 PM
You can use an Gysahl Greens to "summon" your chocobo/chicobo in FF VIII.

Nick Schovitz
12-13-2005, 03:09 PM
I believe it might be Bahamut or Tonberry King, I don't count that chocobo you summon with a gyshal green and what the hell is a pocketstation?!

TasteyPies
12-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Poketstation was this lil handheld that you shoved into the Memmory card slot. It never made it to the US.

Yes, lots of people wonder about that Gf. No it never says what it was in the game nor is there a way to find out. It was "a GF" we are not supposed to know what it was, it is not important.

If someone tells you they know that it was a backwards transformation of Edea's clone twin sister please hit them with a fairly hard object.

Aurora_sword
12-13-2005, 04:30 PM
You can use an Gysahl Greens to "summon" your chocobo/chicobo in FF VIII.
And does like 300 damage

Captain Maxx Power
12-13-2005, 05:05 PM
It was a backwards transformation of Edea's clone twin sister.

boys from the dwarf
12-13-2005, 05:20 PM
its probly ome they missed out of the game like ramuh but it could be tonberry because some guy in trabia garden says something about the tonberry king.

SeeDRankLou
12-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Selphie said she found a GF in a dead monster and junctioned it for a little while on a garden trip when she was younger. If you get the fake Timber Maniacs in Ma Dintch's house, you'll see one of the Laguna pages on Selphie's dedication about her being on a garden trip, and she's clearly in the Centra Ruins. Tonberry King is out roaming free in the Centra Ruins, so either it's some random GF we don't know about or it's Tonberry. I believe there's some other evidence to say it's Tonberry I just don't remember it right now.

Qurange
12-13-2005, 07:01 PM
There's nothing in the game that gives a name for the GF she found--in fact, Selphie specifically says that she doesn't remember its name. Personally, I suspect that it's an ice-aligned GF, given that she found it in Trabia (and there's a lot of snow there), but that's as much a guess as anything else.

Selphie has a high compatibility with the Tonberry King, if I recall, but you'd have to explain why it was in an area (Trabia) with no Tonberries, and how it got there. Actually, it almost sounds the beginning of a funny story...but I suspect that had it been Tonberry, Selphie would have had something to say about it.

Future Esthar
12-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Maybe she also forgot the physical appearance.

Kamiko
12-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Selphie... she was an odd mental case wasn't she?
Didn't she have a kind of high compatiblity with Lighting GFs?
At the time, I thought she might've stuck her fingers in electrical sockets one too many times but I suppose that's a possible answer too.

MJN SEIFER
12-14-2005, 11:20 AM
but she was hardly going to have something like bahamut now was she

*Smiles and looks around carfully*

Christmas
12-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Maybe she also forgot the physical appearance.

DAMN STRAIGHT. There is a high chance of it.

MJN SEIFER
12-14-2005, 07:17 PM
And does like 300 damage

It does about 9990 for me it's very cool!

boys from the dwarf
12-14-2005, 07:42 PM
if selphie has a high compatibility with tonberry and also seedranklous evidence is good and plus that mental guy in trabia keeps on saying "tonberry king." everytime you talk to him and the GF must have given selphie one ton of amnesia.

Qurange
12-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Selphie may have forgotten (and probably did) the GF's appearance, too, but I just don't see it as feasible that the Tonberry is the GF in question, when nothing was indicated that it was anything anyone in the party had met before. There would've been some sort of moment where she thought she remembered something, or the Tonberry would have remembered her, or something.

The guy in Trabia is just kind of funny. It's weird to think how to actually take that, considering that it's supposed to be a direct joke of his playing FFVIII, but I tend to just take it as the joke it was intended to be.

Really, though, I just think it's much more likely that it's some GF that we never meet. It's not as if the sixteen GFs you can Junction are the only GFs in the world.

boys from the dwarf
12-15-2005, 07:56 AM
but why is that "joke" tonberry king instead of bahamut or ifrit E.C.T?

Future Esthar
12-15-2005, 03:07 PM
I allways thought Ellone sent his counsciousness to the past while sleeping.

Memoria
12-15-2005, 08:13 PM
It's my theory that it is Carbuncle. She has an amazing ability and connection with that fluffy cute creature...

Traitorfish
12-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Poketstation was this lil handheld that you shoved into the Memmory card slot. It never made it to the US.
Yet the manual still included instructions on how to use it for FF8. What the hell was with that?

I think it was Cid- he's too fat to be a real head master!
Wait, no, I meant not fat enough!

nik0tine
12-16-2005, 12:42 AM
I think it was Cid- he's too fat to be a real head master!FUSHURURU!

Takara
12-16-2005, 05:00 AM
Curses, Nik beat me to it...

Randgris
12-16-2005, 05:38 AM
It does about 9990 for me it's very cool!
Nay. That is only possible if you have the Pocket Station. I don't think the damage will increase from 300+ to 9000+ without one. Even if against weak ice monsters. Impossible...

MJN SEIFER
12-16-2005, 08:32 PM
Nay. That is only possible if you have the Pocket Station. I don't think the damage will increase from 300+ to 9000+ without one. Even if against weak ice monsters. Impossible...

Sorry...But it is!

Laugh at face of Danger
12-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Chcocobo sucks

Maybe it was a mog!

Or it could have been Tiamat...at a very erm, low level?

Aurora_sword
12-22-2005, 01:17 AM
Sorry...But it is!
well, do you have a pocketstation?

ThePheonix
12-22-2005, 03:29 AM
She said that she junctioned it, but forgot its name, so she could not summon it anymore... meaning she still had it juntioned; it would not make any sence for het to be able to junction the same GF twice, so it is most likely not one of the ones you get in the game...
The way I see it, it must have been an extreemly powerful one, if it grants her to use any magic, plus special magic (mainly The End).

Cubster
12-22-2005, 04:53 AM
[QUOTE=Traitorfish]Yet the manual still included instructions on how to use it for FF8. What the hell was with that?

I believe they were originally going to bring PocketStation here to North America but decided against it. Just in case they did bring it, then FFVIII would be ready to use it and so there would be no need to re-release the game with that compatibility. I don't know if the Japanese PocketStation would have worked on the NA version of FFVIII.:confused:

_yeojina_
12-23-2005, 01:50 AM
I think the GF that Selphie had was NOT<----(imagine that 50 times bigger) in many FF games at all. It may have just been a rare beast. Now I think it's either Ark (FF9) or a giant chicken. Random thought. I don't think they had giant chickens at that time.