PDA

View Full Version : New AIM

acambece
12-13-2005, 02:35 PM
I was looking to download aim, but somehow I got AIM Triton (beta). I kind of like it, but my girl doesn’t, what are your views on the new AIM.

Cambece

Primus Inter Pares
12-13-2005, 02:59 PM
They have a new AIM, this is news to me :eek:

I still haven't installed AIM onto this computer, something which I need to do soon I guess xD.

Epiphany
12-13-2005, 03:06 PM
There's always something new about AIM that I don't like. I just stick with Trillian. <3

Behold the Void
12-13-2005, 03:38 PM
I have to use Trillian, AIM is literally so unstable that it just doesn't run well enough to be useful. I've used AIM for quite some time (I recently acquired MSN, which I now use more and more), but since so many people I can only contact using AIM, I have to use it.

Vyk
12-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Trillian is great for convenience. I absolutely refuse to get a new version of AIM. I stopped on like 5.2, because it just got uglier and more gaudy. I used to create custom expressions (skins), but they don't allow that anymore I don't think. You have to pay for a lisence to have your expression work. Which isn't worth it. And they keep screwing around with the button arrangement. And the last time I used actual AIM the program I couldn't maintain a connection for more than 10 minutes. I do prefer AIM's font customization more than any other program. But it's just not worth it just for that. Trillian, GAIM, or no AIM at all. Screw AOL. I appreciate a free service but they're just insane anymore. Now all my IMs look the same... Only thing I wish is Trillian would put in a good support for background colors instead of just highlighting the line of text with a color. That just looks dumb :/ But I'll still always back Trillian before AIM (I have issues with GAIM but its not worth getting into)

rubah
12-13-2005, 10:15 PM
aim never impressed me much, so I don't feel I'm missing much with trillian.

DMKA
12-13-2005, 10:46 PM
AIM is literally so unstable that it just doesn't run well enough to be useful.
It's your computer.

I downloaded the new AIM, which is AIM Triton a few weeks ago, and it's terrible. They ruined it just like Yahoo, ICQ and MSN. I'm just sticking with the version I have now and never upgrading again.

rubah
12-13-2005, 11:01 PM
I vaguely recall that I was running an outdated version of aim when I still had it installed xD Glad I"m not missing anything.

Vyk
12-13-2005, 11:32 PM
I have "outdated" versions of everything, on standby, in case I ever need the actual programs.

www.oldversion.com Because newer, isn't always better

kikimm
12-14-2005, 12:26 AM
I can't stand AIM, so yeah. I have no opinion on this new version or whatever.

acambece
12-15-2005, 04:40 PM
yeah it pisses me off, and now i have the full version, i think i just like to complain about how i dont like it,but i seem to keep it on my computer just fro kicks. and oh yeah it doesnt go over the olm aim. so i have two on my laptop now...the worst part is i cant figure out how to send an image to the convo not just to a folder on there computer.

Cambece