PDA

View Full Version : Confused...

Behemoth
12-13-2005, 03:23 PM
I've been out of the Squaresoft loop since playing FFXIII, hating it, then thinking square may be trying to redeem themselves with FFIX, and then finding myself extremely disappointed. They just don't make games like they used to- the storylines, the characters, the settings, and the battle systems that made the early games so strong are the weakness of the later games. I loved the materia system. I loved the 'tech' system from chrono trigger. Honestly, I didn't mind learning magic from items in FFIX, but the characters seemed to have been created with the intent of being cute and classic- but ended up seeming stupid and poorly designed. Give me a main character who is tall, strong, and uses a sword, not some gimp hobbit thing that uses some double-edged knife that's 1.5x the size he is. Games like FFIII, for example, felt like watching a brilliantly written play, filled with plot twists, characters that stuck to you like peanut butter on the brain, and settings/music that made you feel more 'in the game' than the higher bit graphics featured in the later games.

Enough of my rant... what I'm wondering is this: what exactly IS dirge of cerberus? From what I gather it's a sequel to FFVII but from Vincent's point of view. Does anyone know anything about the specific details of the game besides the premise and a cast of characters? I absolutely loved FFVII and always thought they should make a sequel to it, and I still can't believe they are actually doing it... I just hope they do it right instead of trying to dazzle us with some dysfunctional addons that a lot of the fanbase wishes were substituted with something like, say, materia.

Crossblades
12-13-2005, 03:52 PM
DoC, like you said, is a sequel to FF VII with Vincent as the main character 2 years after FF VII and a little bit after AC. This game is about a hidden organzation. It's an Action/Shooter/RPG

I've been out of the Squaresoft loop since playing FFXIII, hating it,

How can you play FF XIII if Square Enix hasn't even made that yet?:confused:

Christmas
12-13-2005, 03:56 PM
How can you play FF XIII if Square Enix hasn't even made that yet?:confused:

:confused:

Pouring Rain
12-13-2005, 07:13 PM
...Does he possibly mean XII or maybe one of the sequals of XI? :confused:

Dolentrean
12-14-2005, 01:48 AM
he probobly ment VIII but used the X instead of the V because he said FFIX after that.

raskerino
12-19-2005, 04:22 AM
And of course now that he has insulted the all holy VIII we must for the moral good of the community ignore his opinion... ... ...

FFVII DOC is a sequel starring Vincent which will also include characters like Cait Sith and Lucrecia, see the thread about characters for more info on that. I haven't kept up with it well but I don't think much of the story has been shown. The trailers show beautiful dark graphics and an epic sounding voice in Japanese which probably like most trailers gives no actual sense of what it's talking about. The gameplay will be a shooter with rpg elements. Vincent will have access to a few different types of guns, will have some melee fighting skill and will be able to turn into Chaos at some point.

Sorry if I got anything wrong, but from my memories of perusing threads here this sounds right, hop it helped.

Behemoth
12-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I meant Final Fantasy VIII, not XIII. Sorry for the confusion.

DvK
12-26-2005, 01:43 PM
i dont think its from vincent point of view and isnt it suppose to be 2 years in the past not the future

Crossblades
12-26-2005, 04:57 PM
i dont think its from vincent point of view and isnt it suppose to be 2 years in the past not the future

It takes place 2 years after the events of FF VII and AC

DvK
12-27-2005, 11:02 AM
but i thought it was 2 before not after

BackRoomKid
12-27-2005, 09:33 PM
FF7: DoC is:

3 years after the events of FF7
1 year after the events of FF7: AC

FF7: Before Crisis is:

2 years BEFORE the events of FF7

SummonerYuna
12-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Hey, is cloud gonna be in it??

Suikojowy
12-28-2005, 01:18 AM
Hey, is cloud gonna be in it??

He hasn't been confirmed, and I doubt that he will be.

However, Squenix might decide to sneak him in just to keep the fanboys/girls happy.

SummonerYuna
12-28-2005, 01:19 AM
Yeah! That would make me happy!!!:D :love:

Kersh
12-29-2005, 01:04 AM
FF7: Before Crisis is:

2 years BEFORE the events of FF7Wrong. Before Crisis takes place six years before FF7. If it took place two years before FF7, then Sephiroth, Cloud and Zack wouldn't feature in it. Sephiroth would be in the Lifestream somewhere, and Cloud and Zack were, according to Last Order, under experimentation by Hojo two years before the original game.

Croyles
01-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Ahh the classic final fantasy player who completely idolizes the old games.
Much better story,
Much better characters,
Much better plot twists,
Much much much much much better levelling up systems, and oh yeah, forgot to say graphics.
Things change, get over it! :p

Anyway, the game is an Action-Third Person Shooter-RPG. So it will be your standard third person shooter but with a lot of RPG elements in it. It looks good so far. If you want more info, just browse the web, should get a few things.