PDA

View Full Version : Is It Worth Getting A Japanese Game ?

Dreddz
12-13-2005, 05:05 PM
I want to buy Rogue Galaxy sooo much at the moment, its only been released in Japan at the moment though. I would be able to play it fine, but is it worth it. A long shot, but would there be a language option at the start ???

MecaKane
12-13-2005, 05:19 PM
If there was a language option in the japanese version it would already be mostly translated and would be out in the states too.

Dreddz
12-13-2005, 05:28 PM
hmmmm
I had trouble with Naruto 2 the game, and thats a beat em up, twas hard....Im not sure if Ill get it, but I dont know if Rogue Galaxy is coming to the states..

Markus. D
12-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Japanese games are awesome.

exept all thier date sims....

XxSephirothxX
12-14-2005, 12:55 AM
I think it'll come out in the US. I highly doubt, however, that it currently has an English language option. From what I've read, the majority of the game is voice-acted anyway, although it's still possible they could include English subtitles. But I wouldn't stake money on that.

black orb
12-14-2005, 03:15 PM
>>> I gotta get this (http://www.gamestats.com/objects/613/613842/) game no matter what..

Aphelion
12-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Having played the Japanese version of Xenogears without any knowledge of the language (and being stuck in at least 3 different occasions), I would advise you to wait, unless you're willing to buy the English version later so you can understand anything other than the main character's names and a bit of the plot. Since I don't have the "mean$" to buy both versions, I'll supress that voice who keeps telling me to go get the new Tales game and RG at least until they're out around here.

Alixsar
12-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Play Dragon Quest VIII. It's the same game, but instead of being in space or whatever it's in a British children's book.

Madame Adequate
12-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Related query: Will Japanese games play on US PS2s? I know there's problems between PAL and NTSC, I don't know if there are differences of barriers between the US and Japanese verions of games though.

Thanks in advance.

BTW Rogue Galaxy looks pretty spiffy, I'm really looking forward to it, but I couldn't play an RPG without being able to understand it, the story is a large part of why I play.